Hopefuy Novel Idea For Clan Vs Is Ballance (In Cw) By Balancing Rewards.

Balance Skills Gameplay

8 replies to this topic

#1 CreativeBall

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:59 PM

If I'm posting something that's been discussed before, I'm sorry. Feel free to let me know. I'd appreciate any feedback on my idea.

One of the biggest problems that I have run into in CW as an IS pilot vs clans, is that the clan focus-fire is pretty dang painful. Anyone's focus fire is, but due to the clan range advantage, it's more painful than the IS.
Now, originally the IS were whipped pretty badly by the clans in the lore for a while. We know that, and I can kind-of accept it to a degree, IF the clan pilots played like clan pilots. One on one duels. Trying to shave tonnage from a drop. Reducing the number platforms being used. Fighting with weapon systems disabled. Etc.

I think we REALLY need the clan CW rewards changed drastically.
1) Going in UNDER your tonnage should give some kind of reward multiplier (Maybe 25% for each 10 tons under the limit)
2) Give large penalties for the damage they give to assists, since clan pilots SHOULD be fighting 1 v 1, not focus firing as a unit.

I think that if the clans fight as clanners are supposed to in lore, we would have a very different CW results, and they would be, I think, a true reflection of each individual pilot's skill, which is what the trueborn clan warriors prided themselves on.

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:01 PM

Those are poor ways to balance it.

#3 Kira Onime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:04 PM

View PostCreativeBall, on 12 September 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

2) Give large penalties for the damage they give to assists, since clan pilots SHOULD be fighting 1 v 1, not focus firing as a unit.

Terrible idea.

#4 CreativeBall

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:05 PM

McGral: Think of it this way: The most painful thing in CW is to run into a long range firing line, and have to slog through it.
Now, if the clanners can't (at least not if they want to get paid for a battle), and the IS can...that negates a lot of their weaponry advantage.

Just my thinking of how to keep the game as lore based as possible, but make it playable.

#5 CreativeBall

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:09 PM

Kira: Why is it terrible? As someone who fights on the clan side, don't you think you should have to fight as a clanner is supposed to? I mean, you got that awesome tech advantage, so the least you can do is fight the way the clans were envisioned as fighting.

Would you say that if your team got penalized for focus firing your opponents down before they got into effective range, you would stop doing it?

#6 Alek Ituin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationMy Lolcust's cockpit

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:09 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 12 September 2015 - 05:01 PM, said:

Those are poor ways to balance it.

It is, however, a lore-friendly idea for balancing it.

#7 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:13 PM

You are missing a fundamental point -

People don't play Clans because they actually want to play like Clanners. Clanners are sociopathic fascist slavers who idolize eugenics. That's not hyperbole that's literally their culture in a nutshell. What people want is to play sorta-Clanners as an excuse to be an arrogant, assumptive self-important jacka$$ and play with insanely OP advantages under the umbrella of 'it's how the game was designed' and 'but LORE!'

If we were playing 'how it was designed' and 'lore' then strange events and insanely stupid and self destructive choices would constantly break the Clans every time they were ahead. People want to play with a huge advantage and then ignore all the twisted plot stuff that had to be done by the games creators to undo how badly they broke the game.

Tell you what - petition to get the game moved to Dark Ages, where things are reasonably balanced. You'll likely find more 'Clan' players who object to than than IS.

#8 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:17 PM

View PostCreativeBall, on 12 September 2015 - 05:09 PM, said:

Kira: Why is it terrible? As someone who fights on the clan side, don't you think you should have to fight as a clanner is supposed to? I mean, you got that awesome tech advantage, so the least you can do is fight the way the clans were envisioned as fighting.

Would you say that if your team got penalized for focus firing your opponents down before they got into effective range, you would stop doing it?

but obviously the IS pilots will have to fight 1v1 too since that would actually be how zellbringen works.

#9 Kira Onime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:46 PM

View PostCreativeBall, on 12 September 2015 - 05:09 PM, said:

Kira: Why is it terrible?

You're punishing team based actions in a team based game.
Is there really anything else to say?

I honestly couldn't care less how clans fought in lore. This is a game. Compromises have to be made to keep a balance and punishing teamplay in a team game is beyond stupid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users