Sooo... Pts Players.

96 replies to this topic

#1 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:09 PM

What do you think of the "ballance" that PGI has us testing?

Edited by DjPush, 11 September 2015 - 04:09 PM.

#2 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:14 PM

Well. They balanced around 4 points. But decided that, uhhh, firepower need not be addressed. So totally ridiculous.

I think the sensor changes are fine. But it's the idea that sensor and agility quirks somehow make up for range/firepower differences is ridiculous. And honestly it feels a little divorced from the reality of the game.

Perhaps this is only a precursor to weapon quirks. I hope so.

Edited by MechaBattler, 11 September 2015 - 04:15 PM.

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:14 PM

It's broken beyond comprehension, and idiotically easy to exploit. Mix-and-match Omnipods to entirely remove the negative quirks that all CT's come with, and then some.

It's easier for me to remove the negative quirks on meta mechs like the TBR than for sub-par mechs like the Ice Ferret and Shadow Cat. For example I have a TBR build with pretty good positive agility and structure quirks, but only -2.5% missile cooldown as a negative quirk. TBR has fewer negative quirks than HBR and EBJ, for example. It's stupid.

Also has derpy things like +280% torso twist Executioner and +1050% twist speed Gargoyle Prime.

Edited by FupDup, 11 September 2015 - 04:17 PM.

#4 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:15 PM

Also notice how a lot of mechs have agility nerfs, like reduced torso twist range too, which I find very repulsive. Please remove those.

#5 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:15 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 11 September 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

Also notice how a lot of mechs have agility nerfs, like reduced torso twist range too, which I find very repulsive. Please remove those.

You'll be happy to hear about my +280% torso twist speed Executioner at least! :D

Posted Image

Edited by FupDup, 11 September 2015 - 04:16 PM.

#6 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:16 PM

My video of it here:

Overall, I think it's interesting...

#7 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:29 PM

Oy vey.

#8 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:31 PM

Here is my new and improved Wubhawk:

Posted Image

#9 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:33 PM

So, good and bad.

TTK is way lower for IS vs IS.

IS s IS is actually pretty fun.

I see the foundation of something that could be good here.

Bad?

Sensor quirks are irrelevant. It's like trying to offset a mech with a vastly better weapon loadout and high mounted hardpoints by giving the other guy AMS range quirks. Sensor quirks are irrelevant, totally and completely. You'll be past their relevance in 3 matches.

Clan vs IS balance is LOLCLOWNSHOES broken again. Clan mechs feel like they did near first release. Just dropping in a TW gives you 400 damage free.

By buffing durability of so many mechs the value of ammo driven (dakka/SRMs) is reduced. With no weapon quirks SRMs and ACs are garbage. Gauss are okay but still, lasers are absolute king.

A lot of IS mechs are bad again. Balance decisions were strange. Dragon 1N for example; 2xCT missile hardpoints are worthless, so it has 2 ballistics on the right arm, 1 energy on LT and LA. However RA gets absolutely no perks or durability in crease, plus ballistics are inferior than before, no quirks to anything, so the best luck I've had with it is actually XL350 and 2xERPPCs and a ton of DHS. It's running 103 and 19DHS and is pretty fun. It's got a few extra module slots that I have no use for since it has too few hardpoints (it has 3 weapon module slots now) but it's got like +22 IS to left arm and both side torsos so it tanks pretty well. It's not anything like 'competitive' and would get destroyed by any Clan laser build you can make though.

Only lasers are good now. Without quirks to cooldown/reduced burn/increased range IS lasers are drastically inferior to Clan lasers. Ballistics without quirks are mediocre at best and many enemies now have 20 or more extra internal structure, so 4 extra AC5 shots. Some are close to 30 pts extra, so it's like an extra AC20 shot per side torso plus some to get to the chewy center.

Without quirks lights are just food now.

THere are wonky quirks to the Gargoyle that lets it twist its torso effectively instantly. +280%. It's like watching a top spin and it makes hitting the same location on one impossible.

It's a long list of issues. I am in abject terror that they will push this live without weeks and even months of balancing plus rebalance IS vs Clans.

#10 Lord0fHats

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 619 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:33 PM

I was hoping this was the time PGI would finally (FINALLY) address many of MWO's underlying balance issues. But now I wake up and I see they're not even touch weapons (da fawk?), endo or ferro, and that the way quirks are being distributed seems a tad random.

Guess this will be the 4th Straight Year where PGI refuses to take rebalance seriously and just throws on another band aid.

#11 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,465 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:38 PM

Haven't gotten to download it yet as I'm still at work. Sadness.

From what I've seen of others, though...valiant first attempt, several interesting ideas, execution(er) is all over the place. The game needs those sensor/target-sharing range modifiers Paul was talking about that are not, apparently, showing up, or Infotech isn't going to properly get off the ground. Detection speed and target retention are nice but not really critical - detection range, and range at which you can send/receive allied target sharing data, would be the really critical pieces that could make or break an Infotech machine, and which would allow Infotech to be a real balancing tool.

Without those modifiers in place, IW is hamstrung before it properly gets on its feet and firepower is once again overvalued. With those modifiers, a team has a chance of wrapping high-firepower enemy targets such as Dire Whales in a fog of information denial, hampering those machines' ability to locate the enemy and apply that firepower. That's what IW should be, and hopefully we can get that figured out.

#12 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:44 PM

First thing: Teamwork is still terribad. People still can't work together and proceed to get rolled. Expected more from some people i see here on the forums.

Second: Had a few good matches though. Liked it.
But sharing information was terrible. I hope everyone needs to adapt a little, but i can safely say i need to adapt on my Atlas, the sensor information gathering is very limited.

I truely hope something its a thing to adapt and overcome. But i am afraid in the long term nobody gives cares anymore and go back to their usual thing.

Edited by Sarlic, 11 September 2015 - 04:44 PM.

#13 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:44 PM

The poor, underprivileged and underpowered Timber Wolf has been buffed! Thank Kerensky they're helping the sub-par mechs!

Posted Image

:rolleyes:

#14 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:45 PM

GOna wait to see all of the rebalance passes to make an opinion on it.
right now it's mostly agility quirks and detection quirks. Very very few weapon ones.

#15 Darlith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 348 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:53 PM

My favorite so far is my enforcer 5P that cannot torso twist at all because his torso yaw speed is at -3509.9998% rendering his yaw speed for torso at -3370 deg/s.

I'm not sure what that poor ******* did to deserve a locked torso, but I feel bad for him.

#16 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:53 PM

View PostFupDup, on 11 September 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

The poor, underprivileged and underpowered Timber Wolf has been buffed! Thank Kerensky they're helping the sub-par mechs!

Posted Image

:rolleyes:

You can do 6 CERMLs and a Gauss with little, if any, relevant negatives to it. While you want that long range sync for CW in pug queue it's like hunting sheep in an Apache.

#17 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:02 PM

Interesting

#18 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:14 PM

After I redeem my Mauler pack I will jump on the PTS how long is it open?..I am glad they focused on mech agility, structure instead of weapons. A move in the right direction and IMHO was all that was needed in the 1st place.

#19 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:16 PM

View PostSaltBeef, on 11 September 2015 - 05:14 PM, said:

After I redeem my Mauler pack I will jump on the PTS how long is it open?..I am glad they focused on mech agility, structure instead of weapons. A move in the right direction and IMHO was all that was needed in the 1st place.

It's open-ended at the moment.

#20 Milocinia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:17 PM

View PostFupDup, on 11 September 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

It's broken beyond comprehension

This, just this.

I hope this doesn't reach live without significant changes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users