- - - - -

Hero Mechs Good For N00Bs?

4 replies to this topic

#1 MadBomberMan

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:59 AM

My first thought was the Jester Catapult because of the twin AMS and the colorful laser. Jump jets add to the flavor.

But what other Hero mechs might be more suitable to a beginner or a n00b?

I thought also the Stalker Missile Boat, but isn't it a champion mech?

Thanks

#2 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:06 AM

Timber wolf ala carte
https://mwomercs.com/clans

#3 Omi_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • 336 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:07 AM

Top Dog (Thunderbolt) maybe? Also, I would recommend lots of lasers and NOT missile boating for new players, if you want to grow as a player. Firebrand was my first hero mech, and turns out it's actually very well-suited to new players, imo.

#4 Nerdboard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:28 AM

Neither the Jester nor the Top Dog are good for beginners imo. I would not recommend buying any Hero Mech for a beginner actually. Misery, Sparky, Jester and Grid Iron are very good Hero mechs. The standard Misery and Grid Iron builds however require good aim and the Sparky and Jester require careful positioning and torso twisting to survive.

This is obviously true for a lot of other non-Hero mechs as well but the point is I would try figuring out your playstyle before buying a mech for real money.

#5 Omi_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • 336 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:13 AM

I would not recommend the Grid Iron for a beginner, as the RT gauss rifle is lost very easily to a stray critical hit, leaving you with very little backup weaponry. I can see the case for the Misery, but even then, players need to learn to avoid getting flanked. Misery is a good tank head-on, but melts to shots from other angles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users