5 replies to this topic

#1 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 738 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:44 PM

Really guys? I know I must make this a valuable feedback post, but I swear I find it difficult to be collected and cool after seeing things like this.
This useless mech that nobody pilots, well I don't know why but I like it. The only thing that is remotely good about it, is its maneuverability. And the very first attempt at "balancing" from you guys is make it harder to maneuver. I tried to listen to every bit of explanation you have made on this topic, and from it I can guess you nerf this mech's movement abilities to give it, I dunno, greater sensor range, or weapon buffs. But the thing is, none of those are in the PTS. But the unnecessary nerfs are. And then I happen to scroll by chance into the Firestarter. And for god's sake, that overpowered thing is being only moderately toned down while the poor Linx is made even worse than it already was?
In my humble opinion, even when in the pursuit of "uniqueness" among variants, nerfing this mech is not an option. Make it unique via slight buffs, nerf the sensor ranges a bit if you must, but please review the movement nerfs. Or, if you really must nerf it's agility, then do a new pass on the geometry of its weapon cases. Not the weapons themselves, but the "boxes" that encases them, I hope you undestand what I mean. Those cases are bigger than the ones in an Atlas arm, and give the Linx those weak gorilla arms that everyone likes to shoot off.
I know, not many people cares about this chassis so it will probably stay like this but as I said, I am trying to give useful feedback on what I saw, and what I saw is that this mech is nowhere near to be balanced against anything at the moment.

Edited by Cmdr Hurrell, 13 September 2015 - 04:45 PM.

#2 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:36 PM

I have to agree completely with the above post. The Mist Lynx was easily among the worst mechs in the game before, and somehow it still lost out in the new PTS update.

The part that I don't understand the most is that this is a mech that has an active probe hard locked into the head, and most variants also use ECM. It has almost no weapon hardpoints, and it's good for almost nothing except scouting. It is worse at combat than every single mech in the game, including the Locust, meaning the one possible niche for the MLX to fill would be as a scout.

Except it has a target acquisition delay built into it, which makes it completely unacceptable as a scout. It has one job, the most undesirable one in the game, and it can't even do that.

#3 Alek Ituin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationMy Lolcust's cockpit

Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:34 AM

But, but... ALL Clanz OP! /s

This is what happens when the Anti-Clan Crusaders get their way.

#4 PaeuxP22

• PipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:43 AM

I have to say I'm surprised by the quirks on the lowly mlx. Its going to take a seasoned masochist to pilot one now. Though I can't believe "Clanz R Op!!11!!!!" really applies to the mist lynx.

#5 Sezneg

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:27 AM

So... none of you bothered to actually check the Myst Lynx and are going off that misleading screenshot without any omnipods equipped, right?

#6 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:33 AM

Evidently, the MLX and the SHC were overpowered.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users