Clan Holdings...

11 replies to this topic

#1 Vandred Anrathi

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:23 PM

I noticed of the clans our holdings are the smallest. Is there any reason why we haven't made the same advancements as the wolves or falcons? Does the clan have any long term plans? I hadnt been playing MWO when community warfare and the clan packs were released. I had a long deployment overseas and then I had kind of forgotten about the game I'm embarrassed to say. I was kind of sad to see my favorite clan in such dire straights.

#2 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:01 PM

I have had the same question but no good answeres. I know there are still many active ghost bear members.

#3 Kira Onime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:33 PM

No mercs went ghost bear and the other factions with mercs cut off all attack routes ghost bear had on the IS.

#4 Vandred Anrathi

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:51 PM

I assume the other clans won't honor a batchall?

#5 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:37 PM

View PostVandred Anrathi, on 13 September 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

I assume the other clans won't honor a batchall?

Well, you could attack another Clan, but why ruin 136 days of truces?

#6 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:04 PM

I could tell you the full story. ..it would take too long.
CGB had been strong. They had Mercs.
At the end: When other Clans needed GB planets to get a border to the IS, they got them. When GB needs planets to get an attack lane it will bee denied. No IS border..no mercs. The reason behind this is CGBI. They activly pushed units out of GB and are themselfes inactive and not skilled enough for CW.
The only unit wich has skill at GB is the GCB under the lead of Wolverine. They are strong. But one dropship 3 times a week is nothing in CW.

#7 Lance Uppercut 1776

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:07 PM

I was wondering the same thing myself, i like CGB more than the others and i hate to see us in a bad way, i think if we got more members on at the same time that were interested in expanding our territory we'd be awesome.

#8 Henric Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 109 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationYork II

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:47 PM

I believe that they have initially set Ghost Bear holdings to what they were just before Tukkayyid, according to canon. Doesn't mean CGB as it exists in MWO right now, cant go and change it. ;)

#9 Poon6113

Rookie

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:18 PM

Marc von der Heide, I have been ghost bear since it was an option, and was with CGBI for a long time, especially during the time period you seem to be referencing, and there doesn't seem to be anything truthful about your statement. Would you care to elaborate a little bit and explain how CGBI forced other clans out or how they are responsible for the current state of Ghost Bear CW holdings?

#10 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:25 PM

think its time for a Ghost Bear Incursion?

#11 Lance Uppercut 1776

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:39 AM

yes please lets f@#$ some s&*% up!

#12 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 558 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:51 PM

What we need to do above all else... is think. The Inner Spere surats are making gains against us--against the Clans. Why is that? Oh, there are so many.

1. IS attacks are typically well cordinated while Clanners act as a mismatched mess of individuals. IS units are well orginized and lead while Clanners normally fight on their own with no guidence.

2. IS pilots are well deciplined while Clanners have trouble following the simplest orders. When IS attacks, they almost always come in waves of 12 and almost always with the same theme (light rushing, assualt rushing, etc) while it is common to see Clan pilots charge into the fight by themselves or with few others. That weakens the group effort and endangers the mission.

3. Poor leadership, vision, and training of new recruits on the part of our unit leaders. The first unit I was in had no stated mission or goal, still had the defualt unit ranks (which are definitely not Clan ranks), no structure, nothing to inform anyone about everything in regards to the game or current events, and did not have a real Clan feel to it.

4. The insanly high prices of Clan Mechs. It makes sense that they would be more expensive than their IS counterparts, but to this extreme? Not everyone has hundreds and hundreds of dollars to spend on a game. So this provides a considerable disincentive to buy Clan mechs.

5. As they are currently designed, Clan mechs are easier to destroy than IS ones and this is why. As I understand it, destroying a part of the engine kills the mech. Well, most IS mechs have standard engines all packed into the center torso meaning that aside from taking out their legs and headshotting them, the only way to kill an IS mech is to take out the center torso. Clan mechs however, all have XL engines which spill out into the side torsos meaning that they can be killed by destroying those side pieces of the engine. In short, there are five ways to kill a Clan mech while only three for IS. This is an obvious imbalance. Not sure if it was just a simple (yet major) oversight on the part of the game developers, but while it could be fixed with a simple "side torso engine hit = speed reduction" it has so far not been done which begs the question: Why not?

I am sure that there are other reasons but these are the ones off the top of my head.

Edited by Jep, 01 November 2015 - 09:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users