Ability To Target Friendlies

2 replies to this topic

#1 Paragon Sect

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:29 PM

The ability to do this would be great. Theres been so many times ive wanted to check on teammates to see who needs to charge first or hang back, if we've needed to play defensively or offensively, knowing if we are a mostly sniper or brawler team, you know strategy and tactics. Not to mention im nosey and want to see how a friendly did in a fight or something.

Ive used the feature alot in another game and its invaluable. Support this feature mechwarriors!

#2 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:44 AM

Well to be honest, I was shocked when I first realise there was no "target object under reticle" button in MWO... I would very much wellcome the ability to target a friendly, if nothing else, to see what build they are using..

Not to mention the stuff the OP mentioned, like determining how damaged my Thunderbuddy is, without having to TS or VOIP ask him..

Also, it would make training runs in the private lobby SOOOO much easier for so many reasons... and Zellbrigen could be done anywhere, anyhow, with anyone...

Simple thing we'r asking, no?

#3 xeromynd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:36 AM

Been asking for this for ages. Simply disallow locks on friendlies and you're all good.

A**holes are going to be a**holes and TK people whether they can target them or not (but tbh I've never really seen blatant TKing in this game)

This is an easy step towards info warfare. Should be a HUD display much like your own where you can toggle through your teammates paperdolls and see how they are doing.

Regular pilots can help teammates, and Drop Commanders or Lance Commanders can have a great new info tool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users