• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:30 AM

With the successful release of the Marauder for sale, we can now be assured that there will be a pack unnamed (dubbed Resistance 3 or Phoenix pack 2 due to relevance) that will include the Warhammer and 3 other reseen. This also means there will be a Marauder IIC released for sale later next year on its own, like the current Marauder, and that a Orgins IIC 2 pack as well can be assured if the Phoenix/Resistance pack includes the Warhammer IIC, 10 tons heavier than the IS counter-part and more lethal.

So, any ideas on this such pack of the Unseen and the Orgins IIC 2?

I've got an idea on the Orgins IIC 2 but not on the Phoenix pack/Resistance, gotta look through the unseen list again and see what's available.

Hope, and icons return, oh, it's going to get some going back into the game definitely ;)

And on top of that other things coming too, Texture support, Maps (no information as of now, but we know they're working on it), better and more detailed UI in terms of information and visual, and mech customization, along with a new tutorial that helps new players get a jump start!

I'm looking to the good for now, not the bad, because the bad doesn't make me happy, this new stuff does, so right now, I'll ask you too: look to the good, not the bad, you'll be more positive than you already are :)

#2 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:35 AM

I'd be surprised if they were not all released individually like this one.

#3 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:38 AM

I wanna see what Alex can do with the Marauder 2.

#4 Hollow Earth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 300 posts
  • LocationIntergalactic House of Pancakes

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:46 AM

I'm going to guess that the next individual pack will be the Warhammer, finally the Archer. then there there will be the Project Phoenix II, with the with the Stinger, Phoenix Hawk, Rifleman & Longbow. and the Reinforcement pack will include Wasp, Valkyrie, Crusader & Ostroc.

#5 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:47 AM

Meh I stopped paying for mechs quite a while ago, it's a shame it takes so long to get them with cbills.

#6 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:48 AM

i dont care how doa it is, I want a Stinger.

#7 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:03 PM

View PostBilbo, on 14 September 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

Seriously. $80 for a pack of all 4, or $55 each (inluding a Hero variant) for each of them?

$220 > $80.

#8 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:15 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 14 September 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

Seriously. $80 for a pack of all 4, or $55 each (inluding a Hero variant) for each of them?

$220 > $80.

Maybe so, but I'm not sure _every_ unseen is an equally easy sell. The Marauder and Warhammer, definitely. Both of those are pretty much a license to print money. Archer? Not _quite_ as popular, but yeah, it could possibly do it since it's had some noteable BT personalities piloting it (Jaime Wolf, for example). The Stinger and Wasp I doubt would do as well as an individual pack though. Same for the Valkyrie which even has the added stigma of being primarily a Davion mech (well, stigma for those of us who aren't Davion fans anyways :D ). The Osts would have to be in a pack because nobody ever asked for an Ost and so on.

Basically I think the Warhammer will have its own pack like the Marauder and after that we'll be seeing a multi mech pack again.

#9 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:17 PM

They can make WAAAAAAYYYYYY more money id they continue the $20/$40 pack per mech for the unseens...
My wallet, it hurts so good!

#10 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:20 PM

I can see a 'Recon Pack' with Valkyrie, Wasp, Stinger, and Phoenix Hawk. It would be hard to sell 20 ton mechs ala carte.

#11 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:21 PM

Yeah i thought Russ was about to say that they would go back to selling single mech. I dont remember exactly what he said but the way he said it felt like they didnt want to annonce a bunch of mech anymore. I remember he said they didnt want to get bogged down with releasing design and the way he said it i thought we were going back to single mech pack.

#12 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:03 PM

Eh, with the bad exchange rate (Canadian) I think this will likely be my last $40+Hero package for a while. Just doesn't offer as much bang for your buck as the Resistance Waves, Clan Waves or IIC packages in terms of Mechs.

I'll likely do the $20 basic packs for any next ones.

#13 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:40 PM

Why would they sell the unseen in a pack? Individually they are way less of a good deal and will still sell to canon hungry players like crazy.

The only reason at all to package them would be to attempt to up-sell 3 other crappy mechs that people wouldn't even consider buying otherwise.

#14 Lord0fHats

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 619 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:54 PM

This^

Frankly I'd prefer this model over the previous pack models. It also seems probable, as they can make so much more money doing it this way.

#15 DukeMurphy

• Pip
  • Major
  • Major
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:59 AM

Give us a Resistance 3 pack I got loyalty medallions for the clan packs should get the same for Inner sphere

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users