Replicate Combined Arms For Is V Clan Cw Battle With Duel Strike Module Option On Is Mechs

No replies to this topic

#1 FireDog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 377 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:33 PM

My simple suggestion would be to allow the IS teams to load two strikes vice one per mech. This would be a simple way to replicate the IS having a planet's worth of low tech artillery/tanks/air breathing air assets to throw into the CW battle.

OK, I know the current game does not support Combined Arms much... However it was one of the strongest equalizers in IS Vs Clan battle lore. Aside from clans bidding down their forces, aside from clans carrying on with the honorable one v one fighting, one of the key factors was that the IS fought "dirty" with mines and traps, focused fire from many onto one, ambushing and sniping from concealment and massed artillery from the rear or air strike whenever they had air superiority.

Of these, the current game has no mines, no ability to lay traps, and both sides routinely use massed focus fire and concealment when ever possible. The only variable controlled by the game designers ATT are the consumable strikes, one per mech in the form of artillery or air strike. This could be changed, as we had before the anti-arty spammers went ballistic.. :-) .

If the clan teams cry fowl, which they will, PGI could toss them a bone and allow them to equip two Cool Shots if they choose to further their superiority in dumping heat. Though personally I think this is more than replicated by their more efficient, smaller (2 slot) double heat sinks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users