People Giving Feedback Please Read

4 replies to this topic

#1 Makaru

• PipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:29 AM

I see a lot of anger out there. Maybe some of it is understandable, but you guys are forgetting three very important things.

1. This is a VERY early test of the balance, they are still going to make lots and lots of changes.

2. Russ has said that he is Adamant about not releasing this until it is ready, and anybody could deduce from the sheer amount of rage, that it isn't yet ready. That means that it could never be released at all.

3. Clan vs. IS has not been balanced yet.

Also the info warfare that has started here is a good thing. It may not be balanced yet or anything close to that. You guys are raging over nothing, and a lot of you wonder why they don't want to use the forums sheesh. It's almost like some of you want this game to just die jeez.
Shame on you. This game has the potential to become the greatest mechwarrior game ever made. They have been making improvements in leaps and bounds over the last year. Just be patient and give them a little time. They aren't a huge company, but they are doing things that put some of the bigger companies to shame. I've been trying to find pieces of actual feedback among the rage and it's just getting harder. Do you think it will help to rage? They're not getting the data they need from people raging. So either help to make the game better or be quiet.

I believe in this community and in PGI. I know somebody is going to Lol at this because they've lost hope. But that won't change my opinion.

I got the three things above from and un-official video from Sean Lang (Leng? Lung?) He explains these things. I think the next PTS server will be much more interesting. Until next time.... Mechwarriors.

I actually couldn't find the video if anyone is feeling generous put a link in here and I'll edit in the original post.

#2 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:39 AM

It's not the progress that worries me, it's the method/direction.

CT Nerfs to Omni mechs?
(Like the Shadow Cat Prime CT getting -45 Yaw, while the Shadow Cat P CT gets -15 Yaw)
There is no difference between the CTs, so that just means that the SHC Prime is invalidated by the SHC P.. and the (I) variant with them.

Makes no sense, and that worries me greatly. (Holding off on MAD until they figure this out.)

#3 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:52 AM

People who are giving the feedback do know what you're talking about. They don't need a reminder.
People who need them are just whining dimwits. They're only have to be ignored, their opinion is irrelevant.
People who have given up do not LoL. They're not here anymore, otherwise it's a case of personal dishonesty.
Do not bother with people who crearly didn't understood. They lack a concept of perspective. Being nice to them doesn't cures it.

I left to hope, that PGI will listen and consider the feedback that is actually useful, including my own (yeah, I'm a self-righteous **** just like that).

Edited by DivineEvil, 15 September 2015 - 07:53 AM.

#4 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:13 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 15 September 2015 - 07:39 AM, said:

It's not the progress that worries me, it's the method/direction.

CT Nerfs to Omni mechs?
(Like the Shadow Cat Prime CT getting -45 Yaw, while the Shadow Cat P CT gets -15 Yaw)
There is no difference between the CTs, so that just means that the SHC Prime is invalidated by the SHC P.. and the (I) variant with them.

Makes no sense, and that worries me greatly. (Holding off on MAD until they figure this out.)

this, the current way of quirking heavily discourages buyng ANY packs, because hey, instead of perviously, havign like 4/8 chassis beign dead, its now 4/8 chassis being dead and probably from those 4 valid chassis 50% until 75% are also dead by beign plain inferior.

The point of omnimechs for me was to NOT havign a single chassis I constantly have to reconfigure. So I wanted all CT's beign equal and the pods equipped being the mattering choice. Now its just F*cked up and makes me need to reconfigure the one CT that is worth to be fielded.

GG this heavily decreased my motivation to play MWO already in the last quirk pass, and if something lie this comes it just increases this demotivation. I don't need a giant pile of mechs being pointless. I had a ADR with 2PPC's 4 CERML, 4SRM6's and I could choose what I wanted to have fun with. Now I would have to build them ALL with the same CT, which I do of course not, due to being annoying. And so I simply don't paly them anymore.

Same for various of my MDD's where I even considered buying the 4th variant to have one more interestign build at hand, now, not even thinking about it.

PGI really screwed this Omnimech system up with those CT quirks. They literally removed it. and if they want to keep it that way, they should at least allow us to swap a omnimechs CT.

Edited by Lily from animove, 15 September 2015 - 08:13 AM.

#5 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:21 AM

It wouldn't bother me if CTs that were *different* got quirked in some way. (Like the GAR, has 0, 1, and 2 energy hardpoints in the CT depending on variant you choose.)

A simple way to deal with that would be:
0 Hardpoints: Minor positive quirks (if you want to encourage omnipod unity, you might give it some good quirks for 8/8 Omnipods..)
1 Hardpoint? Leave it be.
2 Hardpoints? A small nerf to the related weapon class in some way.

-----------------------------
On a seperate note, I want to know who told them that the Shadow Cat is good and in need of nerfs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users