Mech Lab Laser Placement Bug

No replies to this topic

#1 Kragg Relluf

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:35 PM

I don't know if this applies to more than lasers or other mechs/components/situations than that which is described below.
  • Select an EXE Prime(I) in mech lab.
  • Select column layout.
  • Select Right Arm
  • Place EXE-A omnipod on right arm (pretty sure I saw it on other right arm omnipods besides EXE-A)
  • There are two problems:
  • After placing a large or medium ER laser in the arm, the weapon list that you drag the laser from (under warehouse), reorders itself. Minor, but annoying.
  • When dragging an ER large or medium from the warehouse list, if you accidentally drag over the left arm, its list expands, and the right arm list collapses (that's okay, not a bug). But if you drag laser up to the right arm to re-expand it and then drop it into the right arm, it changes to a pulse laser. Note that the change occurs upon dropping it - it's still an ER laser when you hover over the right arm to re-expand it.
Again, above only tested for this mech, this component, this omnipod, this layout, and ER Large and Medium lasers.

===
Edit: the first of the two bugs appears to only happen in column layout. I expect that layout is not used much; I was only using it to see how the mech appearance changed for different weapons. Also, I guess the second bug wouldn't apply to expanded layout, since the components don't collapse in that layout
====
====
Edit again: I said in the previous edit that I didn't see bug 1 happening in expanded layout. This was true when dropping lasers into the left arm. But then I dropped one in the Right Torso and saw it. So I don't know. My testing is done unless you want to pay me for QA ;)
======

As a side note, there is a bug in the forum posting. I tried to use numbered list (1 and 2) for the last two bullet points, and tried to indent them one tab in from the last previous bullet, but upon previewing the post, the numbers were replaced with bullets and the indentation was lost. Tried this several times. I'm going to just post and see if the formatting stays. If you see it formatted as described here, then the bug is only with preview.

===
Edit, as can be seen the formatting was lost when posting, as well
===

Edited by Kragg Relluf, 15 September 2015 - 02:42 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users