Alpine Remake Suggestion

No replies to this topic

Poll: Alpine Remake Suggestion (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this would add more options to the map

1. yes (3 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. no (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. they should just remove alpine altogether (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SirNotlag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 335 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:02 PM

Since PGI has put their remaking of alpine on the back burner for now I figured I may as well throw my idea on how to remake the map out there, maybe its not too late for them to get ideas. I've done minimal changes as I figure if you change the map too much you may as well just make a completely new map. I hope these changes would change the way the matches go by adding more variety in how you can approach the mountain so they aren't all race to the top of the hill and then a charge up the hill for the team that lost the race.

Anyway here are the areas I think could be changed.

Area 1: TLDR: put buildings and cover here so there is somewhere to hide from the poking.
-Make a large complex here with big structures to use as cover, similar to the complexes in F3 or E7. This gives the team that spawns on the west side of the map somewhere they can hold and dig in without taking constant long range fire. It also stops the poke war from being only weapons that reach 2000m. Why would there be 3 separate complexes within 6 miles of each other ? <shrug> why are we piloting giant 3 story mechs?

Area 2: Make a path around the north peak. This would allow mechs to more easily travel this way and open the option to flank the enemy. Could be used by both the teams holding the top of the hill to flank the enemy held up in area 1 or be used to flank the enemy team holding the top of the hill.

Area 3: TLDR: open this part of the map up so mechs can travel up and down the mountain but add lots of rock formations and cover so brawlers can work their way through without getting chewed up by ER lasers.
-Currently since the south part of the mountain is a shear cliff any mech trying to take the south path can't reach the fight till they travel all the way to E4 or F7, that's 3km of travel which takes a long time in the bigger mechs (about 2 and a half minutes I find). To get ride of this problem and open up this part of the map I would remove the shear cliff and make it a gentle slope that mechs can easily move up and down. The south peak would still be there and mechs would have to work around it but it would allow a team to attack the top of the mountain from a massive amount of different angles. This area should also be full of natural rock formations and giant boulders so there is plenty of cover to take.Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users