The Bounty Hunter Release Event

7 replies to this topic

#1 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 762 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:11 PM

The incomming Marauder hero is called 'Bounty Hunter'. OK, lets have our bounty!

What about this:

'Kil X 'Mechs of the same variant (note: I do not mean Chassis) within the event time to <<salvage>> this variant`?

So kill lets say 3 CPLT-K2 to receive one for free...

This could be also combined with the question wether you have free 'Mech bays or not. If you have, you receive the 'Mech, if you haven't you recieve a C-Bills bonus equivalent to the sell price of the respective variant. That way PGI get some 'Mech bays sold ;-)

This should be possible with all 'mechs, of course, if the 'MAD-BH2' is used for <<salvaging>> their must be some additional bonuses.

Edited by Cyrilis, 15 September 2015 - 11:26 PM.

#2 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:43 AM

Wow, that would be too much...
In relation to the work you have to do to get a new 'Mech, this is pretty far off.
This would lead to an inflation in 'Mechs and CBills...

#3 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 762 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:29 AM

I see your point, but think about this:

How much matches does it take to see 5 Mechs of the same variant? OK, T-Bolts, T-Wolves and Stormcrows are quite polpular. So lets say it takes between 3 and 8 (or even more matches for rare variants)
And how many matches do you think it takes to get 3 of these killed?

I think faaar more.

But if that is still too easy, the conditions may be changed to:
3 kill on the same variant including 'solo kill' or 'kill most damage dealt'

Edited by Cyrilis, 16 September 2015 - 02:29 AM.

#4 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:55 PM

It would be better to wait for the release of Natasha Kerensky's Warhammer, and then do a grudge match event between the two designs, competing for kills.

#5 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:17 AM

View PostCyrilis, on 15 September 2015 - 10:11 PM, said:

The incomming Marauder hero is called 'Bounty Hunter'. OK, lets have our bounty!

What about this:

'Kil X 'Mechs of the same variant (note: I do not mean Chassis) within the event time to <<salvage>> this variant`?

So kill lets say 3 CPLT-K2 to receive one for free...

This could be also combined with the question wether you have free 'Mech bays or not. If you have, you receive the 'Mech, if you haven't you recieve a C-Bills bonus equivalent to the sell price of the respective variant. That way PGI get some 'Mech bays sold ;-)

This should be possible with all 'mechs, of course, if the 'MAD-BH2' is used for <<salvaging>> their must be some additional bonuses.

You do understand that people are such a-holes that if say, a TBR-S was the bounty mech, NOBODY would field one for the entire event, right?

PGI would have to actually hire people to play those mechs..

And let's not even mention the MatchMaker madness... the rage would be high..

Maybe it could work with just a chassis... like hunting for Atlai, or hunting for Timberwolves... but not specific variants..

Edited by Vellron2005, 15 October 2015 - 05:19 AM.

#6 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:34 AM

A problem with this would be steal killing, where people wait and then steal the kill.

This could lead to disappointment of such a event, and thus a bad idea.

#7 CorranHorn

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:54 PM

I like the idea, but concerns I had when reading your post are already here.
If they were to do something like this it would most likely need to be chassis, and the number killed would need to be higher, maybe based off weight class. so for a light chassis you only need 3 kills to get the reward, 5 kills for the mediums, 8 for heavies, and 11 for the assaults?The price difference between killing 3 jenners and 3 atlas would be quite different, plus killing 3 atlas would be like 24 million cbills.....that is quite the reward.
Maybe instead of that you receive a large bonus to the salvage reward once you have hit a certain number. So say your salvage cbill bonus is 24k cbill in a match. If in this match you killed your 10th stormcrow, it is now 5x that base amount. So if you reached that kill level on three mechs each would give you 5x 24k so you are looking at a 360k cbill bonus to your salvage for that round. You have three tiers to each mech chassis. 1st tierr is 2x salvage base, 2nd tier is 3x salvage base, and 3rd tier is 5x salvage base. These numbers are just an example. I do not remember my average salvage cbill bonus, so that could change the modifiers for each tier.

#8 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 762 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:03 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 15 October 2015 - 05:17 AM, said:

You do understand that people are such a-holes that if say, a TBR-S was the bounty mech, NOBODY would field one for the entire event, right?

PGI would have to actually hire people to play those mechs..

And let's not even mention the MatchMaker madness... the rage would be high..

Maybe it could work with just a chassis... like hunting for Atlai, or hunting for Timberwolves... but not specific variants..

Thats why I would not call out a bounty mech... if you kill 3 of ANY variant, it gives you the bonus.

View PostScout Derek, on 15 October 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

A problem with this would be steal killing, where people wait and then steal the kill.

This could lead to disappointment of such a event, and thus a bad idea.

That could be overcome by makting the 'solo kill' or 'kill most damage dealt' achievment the trigger.

View PostCorranHorn, on 15 October 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

If they were to do something like this it would most likely need to be chassis, and the number killed would need to be higher, maybe based off weight class. so for a light chassis you only need 3 kills to get the reward, 5 kills for the mediums, 8 for heavies, and 11 for the assaults?The price difference between killing 3 jenners and 3 atlas would be quite different, plus killing 3 atlas would be like 24 million cbills.....that is quite the reward.
Maybe instead of that you receive a large bonus to the salvage reward once you have hit a certain number. So say your salvage cbill bonus is 24k cbill in a match. If in this match you killed your 10th stormcrow, it is now 5x that base amount. So if you reached that kill level on three mechs each would give you 5x 24k so you are looking at a 360k cbill bonus to your salvage for that round. You have three tiers to each mech chassis. 1st tierr is 2x salvage base, 2nd tier is 3x salvage base, and 3rd tier is 5x salvage base. These numbers are just an example. I do not remember my average salvage cbill bonus, so that could change the modifiers for each tier.

You got a point there...

View PostCorranHorn, on 15 October 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

I like that one...

View PostGI Journalist, on 19 September 2015 - 07:55 PM, said:

It would be better to wait for the release of Natasha Kerensky's Warhammer, and then do a grudge match event between the two designs, competing for kills.

now possible. lets see what happens

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users