No replies to this topic

#1 Isabelle

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:23 PM

One thing that I would really like to see is an update to the throttle system. The main issue i find with it currently is that for mechs that have high acceleration and deceleration rates, it is almost required to play with throttle decay on, because with it off dialing the throttle up/down is slower than the acceleration (thus you get no benefit from having said fast acceleration.) However the main downside to playing with throttle decay on is that you only have 3 speeds (unless you have a bunch of keys bound to speed presets) max forward speed, zero speed, and max reverse speed.

What I would like to see happen (unsure of how difficult this might be to implement) would be to have the rate at which you can dial up/down the green throttle bar tied to the acceleration of the mech that you're currently using, that way you don't have to sacrifice your acceleration rate when playing with TD off.

Or another method that would have the exact same result would be to do away with the green bar entirely, and just dial up and down the yellow bar directly (again tied to each individual mechs acceleration stats).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users