#1 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Kurita
  • Hero of Kurita
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:32 AM

I would like a checkbox to be available on each mech I own to allow me to mark each one as "Battle-Ready" or not.

This would enable me to change CW dropdecks much faster as I could limit the available mechs to ones that I have preapproved for use in CW.

Also, this filters our mechs into those that are configured and ready to play vs mechs that are still being tweaked, skill leveled, etc.

So this request has 3 parts.
1. Add "Battle-Ready" checkbox to each owned mech. (1 bit database field)
2. Add a filter to the selection screen
3. Add a filter to the CW mech selection screen.

After many discussions with other players, currently players pull engines or other components to filter them for these purposes. What an insane situation!

Edited by MechregSurn, 16 September 2015 - 09:34 AM.

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:04 PM

View PostMechregSurn, on 16 September 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

After many discussions with other players, currently players pull engines or other components to filter them for these purposes. What an insane situation!

lol

No, players pull engines because they are cheap and don't buy engines for all of their 'Mechs. They do the same with modules and weapons. They would rather have the minimum number of engines and modules and weapons necessary and swap them out. This conserves C-Bills so they can purchase more 'Mechs and weapons and modules.

A small percentage are like me -- I've got 110 'Mechs are nearly all have customized engines and weapons. The exceptions are the ones I never pilot and have stripped. I have fully moduled about 30 of my most-used 'Mechs, with more purchased as I earn the C-Bills necessary. If I find I like two different builds of the same 'Mech, I purchase two of them and fully fit them out. I'd rather spend the C-Bills than be constantly wondering where my engines/weapons/modules are.

#3 MrBlonde42

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:33 PM

+1 For a favorite 'mechs list.

#4 VanguardMk1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 220 posts
  • LocationDid you check your rear?

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:44 AM

I'd love an extra filter for my mechs, as the CW dropdeck selection always shows those Trial mechs...
Most of my main CW mechs are fully equipped with modules (and engines for my IS mechs), but I only have 8 mechs that I want to use in CW on both the Clan and IS side. If I could filter out some mechs for easier dropdeck modification, it would speed up the process a lot.

#5 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Kurita
  • Hero of Kurita
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:22 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 16 September 2015 - 07:04 PM, said:

lol

No, players pull engines because they are cheap and don't buy engines for all of their 'Mechs. They do the same with modules and weapons. They would rather have the minimum number of engines and modules and weapons necessary and swap them out. This conserves C-Bills so they can purchase more 'Mechs and weapons and modules.

A small percentage are like me -- I've got 110 'Mechs are nearly all have customized engines and weapons. The exceptions are the ones I never pilot and have stripped. I have fully moduled about 30 of my most-used 'Mechs, with more purchased as I earn the C-Bills necessary. If I find I like two different builds of the same 'Mech, I purchase two of them and fully fit them out. I'd rather spend the C-Bills than be constantly wondering where my engines/weapons/modules are.

OK,

It may be news to you, but yes players are resorting to weird stuff to be able to filter down the mechs and switch dropdecks in the tiny amount of time available in CW.

If you have 110 mechs and play CW, you must understand the need to separate the mechs you feel are ready to use and the ones that may be missing a key module or whatever.

Edited by MechregSurn, 17 September 2015 - 02:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users