18 replies to this topic

#1 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:35 PM

From the Aug. 8 Patch Notes

How does this new system work in terms or raising or lowering skill ratings?
First off, the win/loss condition plays a much smaller role compared to the current Elo system.
With the new PSR system:
  • If a players' team wins, and the player did well during the match (achieving a high Match Score), the player will rise in skill rating.
  • If a players' team wins, but the player did not perform well (achieving a low Match Score), the player will not move in terms of skill rating.
  • If a players' team loses, but the player does exceptionally well (achieving a very high Match Score), the player will go up slightly in skill rating.
  • If a players' team loses, but the player performed well (achieving a high Match Score), the player will not move in skill rating.
  • If the players' team loses, and the player performed poorly (achieving a low Match Score), they will drop in skill rating.
Ok..my questions

Has PGI said what constitutes a "high" match score? If you have a match score of 300 to 400 in a win, will your PSR go up? What is the cut off?
What is the cut off for "very high match score"?

or are the scores relative to the other players in the drop?

Basically, what are the match scores that cause movement of your PSR in a win and in a loss??

#2 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:43 PM

Wish I knew but I haven't seen any hard numbers. My personal guess is:

<200 = Low Match Score
201-400 = High Match Score
401+ = Very High Match Score

#3 Valdherre Tor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 363 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:43 PM

Good qeustion considering the team that loses almost always has bad match scores in the sub 100s.

#4 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:19 PM

View PostValdherre Tor, on 17 September 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

Good qeustion considering the team that loses almost always has bad match scores in the sub 100s.

Well..its a little harder to determine also now that the scoring system has changed too

and one never knows what PGI would consider very high, high, average, low or very low

#5 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:19 PM

The system would only work if "high/low" was relative to the other players on the team, not fixed values.

#6 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:42 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 17 September 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

The system would only work if "high/low" was relative to the other players on the team, not fixed values.

So, you're saying PGI has fixed values then

#7 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:51 PM

Well, looking at the new challenge event, I would think 300 is consider "well" and 400 is "extremely well".

#8 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:52 PM

TBH, I don't like how they hide so much information on PSR. I don't know how to put this delicately, but in the past we have seen PGI muck things like this up and it didn't get fixed until the community made a stink about it. Even the tidbits that sneak out paint a worrying picture. I mean they initially included community warfare games? How long would that have gone on if Paul hadn't mentioned it off hand on twitter? Then there is the match score formula. They wont tell us how it's split but people have mathed it out and shown that it's mostly damage based.

If the system is robust and actually measuring skill effectively than it should stand up to scrutiny. Hiding everything just makes me think there are issues.

#9 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostJman5, on 17 September 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

TBH, I don't like how they hide so much information on PSR. I don't know how to put this delicately, but in the past we have seen PGI muck things like this up and it didn't get fixed until the community made a stink about it. Even the tidbits that sneak out paint a worrying picture. I mean they initially included community warfare games? How long would that have gone on if Paul hadn't mentioned it off hand on twitter? Then there is the match score formula. They wont tell us how it's split but people have mathed it out and shown that it's mostly damage based.

If the system is robust and actually measuring skill effectively than it should stand up to scrutiny. Hiding everything just makes me think there are issues.

i actually think it should only track solo, pug play

#10 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:18 PM

View PostValdherre Tor, on 17 September 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

Fairly easy to get ~300 match score in a loss.

#11 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:33 PM

View PostAloha, on 17 September 2015 - 02:51 PM, said:

Well, looking at the new challenge event, I would think 300 is consider "well" and 400 is "extremely well".

that seems like a reasonable estimate

it would be nice to have some sort of confirmation though

#12 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:02 PM

Imma guess they consider 300-400 about avg, since that is the parameters on thier challenge, just like before, it was 80 or 100 for solo Q or CW.

Highest match score ive seen so far was a little over 400s.

#13 Valdherre Tor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 363 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:12 PM

Based on these games my avg match score was 325 with the worst variant of the Hopper.. though I have had a match score in the 800s in more competitive mechs. So i would say 350 match score might be the bar set by PGI.

Posted Image

#14 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:30 PM

View PostAloha, on 17 September 2015 - 02:51 PM, said:

My experience has been the bulk of the victorious team is in the 200-300 range. Few people top 300, and never more than 1 or 2 topping 400. Of course, there's almost never anyone below 200 either - it's easy to score high when the other people on the team are falling down, but in a match where everyone is pitching in equally it seems that 250-300 is a very close average.

But then, there's a lot of skilled players on right now, so I'm not getting matches full of chumps to carry.

I should note, these are what I'm finding in this challenge, during prime time. That is NOT representative of normal non-challenge matches.

Edited by Wintersdark, 17 September 2015 - 05:31 PM.

#15 Torric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:08 PM

Did they change it around again? Because on "good matches", in competitive mechs, you can absolutely break 600 matchscore.

Fixed numbers sounds exactly like what PGI would do, though.

#16 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:14 PM

If we knew this, we could figure out if we were going up or down, so no

#17 Tyler Valentine

• Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:03 AM

View PostValdherre Tor, on 17 September 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

Based on these games my avg match score was 325 with the worst variant of the Hopper.. though I have had a match score in the 800s in more competitive mechs. So i would say 350 match score might be the bar set by PGI.

Posted Image

We're all very impressed. No way "average match score" is 350 though sir ;)

#18 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:28 PM

I played a bunch of matches last night. Won some and loss some as usual, but couldn't break 300 score for whatever reason. I was running a Hellbringer at first, providing ECM coverage for the assaults and such, so wasn't doing enough damage or getting enough kills to warrant a higher score (highest was a 287). Switched to a Dire Whale to see if I can get a higher score. Did a little more damage and got a few more kills, but still couldn't break 300 because I got focused on early or the enemy team died too quickly to my team mates. *sigh*

#19 Vlad Striker

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:26 PM

You need 600+dmg and some useful actions to beat 300+.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users