Neither time nor Alcohol it seems....

#22 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:21 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 17 September 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

also research your gpu because there are some that are known to run hotter than that and be normal while doing it, like the Nvidia GeForce 760 which is known to run hot and not have issues

Cause freaking someone out about the heat in their card doesnt help em if thats not their issue XD

Some video cards run MUCH hotter. Mine has happily run over 80C for hours at times (though getting a new case and improving air flow helped with that but it is still hot under load).

However, as the OPs problem with frame drops.

I had this issue happen a few months ago just after PGI patched. My first impulse was to blame the patch. Further investigation lead me to the new western digital backup hard drive I had bought a couple weeks earlier. I installed the backup software that came with it including the "incremental real tme" component thinking it would be good to keep my backups going.

Unfortunately, the western digital Smart "Dumb" ware was briefly grinding my hard drive and eating CPU on a regular basis and evey time it did something it borked MWO causing irregular frame rate changes. I uninstalled the software and voila, performance restored. So. IF you are seeing periodic slow downs, take a look at whatever software you might be having running in the background FIRST, hardware SECOND and PGI a distant THIRD.

#23 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:15 PM

View PostMawai, on 18 September 2015 - 01:21 PM, said:

Some video cards run MUCH hotter. Mine has happily run over 80C for hours at times (though getting a new case and improving air flow helped with that but it is still hot under load).

Ya, mine does too and I have a liquid cooling system O.o But thats to be expected from the card from what Ive read

#24 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:18 PM

To be actually constructive here, a frame drop like that is almost always caused by heat. Your GPU/CPU is heating up, reaching a critical point, and then throttling down to a slower speed to stop from damaging itself.

Check your heat using something like OpenHardWare monitor. If you're high 80's-90's, or above, that's the issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users