This is one big ***** of a Mech

9 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Cole

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

In this teaser poster for ComicCon is a partial image of a Jaeger from the upcoming movie Pacific Rim.

Wow this thing is huge. Like step on your whole "sault Lance" at one time huge.

#2 Outburst

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 125 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

Oh... the story sound like an inversed and americanised Neon Genesis Evangelion?

#3 Benaresh

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRüdesheim am Rhein, Hessia, Germany

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

View PostOutburst, on 07 July 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

Oh... the story sound like an inversed and americanised Neon Genesis Evangelion?

WOW! Big news: Hollywood is taking popular foreign movies and make em into ****! ALL! THE! TIME!

Wicker Man was bad Akira sounds bad and Dragon Ball... wow

#4 Furniture

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

I wouldn't be surprised. Hollywood lacks creativity, and they don't like to make movies unless it fits their pre-set templates for what they think will sell most. At first, they wouldn't even make a Harry Potter movie because they thought that American's wouldn't watch it if Hogwarts wasn't in New York, or Harry wasn't an American kid. Seriously. If they had it their way, the first Harry Potter movie would have bombed as even American fans would have been up in arms about their favorite books being changed so drastically.

Hollywood is stupid, and they should feel stupid. All they can do these days is make remakes of remakes.

#5 Mu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

Fighting the giant monster of the week with big mecha predates NGE by a long, long time. It's an homage to that stuff.

View PostFurniture, on 07 July 2012 - 11:49 AM, said:

I wouldn't be surprised. Hollywood lacks creativity, and they don't like to make movies unless it fits their pre-set templates for what they think will sell most. At first, they wouldn't even make a Harry Potter movie because they thought that American's wouldn't watch it if Hogwarts wasn't in New York, or Harry wasn't an American kid. Seriously. If they had it their way, the first Harry Potter movie would have bombed as even American fans would have been up in arms about their favorite books being changed so drastically.

Hollywood is stupid, and they should feel stupid. All they can do these days is make remakes of remakes.

You're complaining about a westernized Super Robot show and saying that it's a 'pre-set template for what will sell most'. You're crazy. Actually, Guillermo del Toro is crazy for making this movie, but I love him for trying.

#6 Skyefox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNorthern California, Terra

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

I'll wait until the reboot of NGE finishes. With the updated art and effects, it makes me love it all over again. One of these days the rumors of a Cowboy Bebop live action will stop being kicked around.

#7 Sidra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

View PostBenaresh, on 07 July 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

WOW! Big news: Hollywood is taking popular foreign movies and make em into ****! ALL! THE! TIME!

Wicker Man was bad Akira sounds bad and Dragon Ball... wow

The only things I liked in the new movie

"How did it get burned?! :) "

"OH GOD NOT THE BEES! OHHHH THEIR IN MY EYES!"

and then of course nick cage in a bear suit knocking some lady out xD

#8 Bergham

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:17 AM

Have some 130T Mech

#9 BA Dillard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO.

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

View PostMu, on 07 July 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

Fighting the giant monster of the week with big mecha predates NGE by a long, long time. It's an homage to that stuff.

You're complaining about a westernized Super Robot show and saying that it's a 'pre-set template for what will sell most'. You're crazy. Actually, Guillermo del Toro is crazy for making this movie, but I love him for trying.

This is a love letter from Guillermo del Toro to the Kaiju, the giant monster movies from the '50s. Way before anime.
As far as the Jaegers are concerned, what else ya gonna fight kilometer tall monsters with?

Course this had me at giant monsters. I love giant monsters! GO GO GODZILLA!

Thanks GDT!

#10 TripleHex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOut of range of your weapons

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

Not as big as THIS one, though!!!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users