Small Tweak To Consumables.

Module Gameplay

6 replies to this topic

#1 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:19 AM

Basically I noticed that the moment one dies, the consumables that you used beforehand stop giving you bonuses. Such as when one plants a strike under the enemy team but dies before it goes off, he will not get any damage/assist score for that. Or when one launches a UAV but dies soon after, there will be no additional score from scouting/counter ECM bonus from the moment of his death.
IMO PGI should make the consumables count towards your score even if they take effect after one's death.

It is based on a personal observation, and I am pretty sure it is how it works, though I can be mistaken.

Thoughts?

Edited by El Bandito, 18 September 2015 - 04:22 AM.

#2 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:24 AM

Are you sure?
I attacked two King Crabs alone in my Victor while back

i placed a artillery strike right on my position seconds before i got killed - the damage inflicted was really hight - can't believe that i score that many damage in such short time without artillery strike

OK, maybe this information is nil - because it could have been before the last "economy change"

#3 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:32 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 18 September 2015 - 05:24 AM, said:

Are you sure?
I attacked two King Crabs alone in my Victor while back

i placed a artillery strike right on my position seconds before i got killed - the damage inflicted was really hight - can't believe that i score that many damage in such short time without artillery strike

OK, maybe this information is nil - because it could have been before the last "economy change"

I am fairly sure. In one match I managed to get a kill without any assists and died right after planting the strike under 3 enemy mechs. I saw the blasts had affected all of them but at the end game screen it showed that I only had that single kill, and no assists. That match had me questioning the consumables--hence the thread.

Same thing with UAV, I launched one and it got me three spotting bonus + 1 ECM counter bonus but I died soon after. At the end game screen it showed just that, three spotting and 1 Counter ECM.

Edited by El Bandito, 18 September 2015 - 05:34 AM.

#4 Lostdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:41 AM

I don'the know about UAVS but I have gotten a kill with artillery immediately after dying and had that count on my score at the end.

#5 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:47 AM

View PostLostdragon, on 18 September 2015 - 05:41 AM, said:

I don'the know about UAVS but I have gotten a kill with artillery immediately after dying and had that count on my score at the end.

I also had kills count with my Arty but it might work differently in the case of counting damage and assists. I tweeted to Russ about it, because I am kinda in the dark about it.

#6 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:18 AM

I think you are correct. In the cases where I've dropped a UAV and died before it expired, it did little to the score (even though it was in the thick of things).

#7 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:23 AM

I've mostly stopped using consumables anyway. The rewards aren't worth the cost.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users