Lrm Boats Everywhere!

8 replies to this topic

#1 NephyrisX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:23 AM

I got to be in the bottom tier. I mean, holy crap, for five straight matches, it's like half of each team is filled up with LRM boats and I am permanently glued to the cover with little chance of moving, even with ECM.

Edited by NephyrisX, 18 September 2015 - 09:27 AM.

#2 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:26 AM

No idea what tier that is but I don't see that in my games.

#3 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:30 AM

Don't usually see many LRMs but saw a lot last night. Maybe something to do with the challenge? LRMs are easy to get a high score with if you happen to drop in an ECMless game...

#4 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:50 AM

I suspect some players are trying to game the event by using weapons with high spread potential to pad dmg and component destruction, while getting lots of assists.

Only seen a few games where I got unlucky enough to have that team, fortunately, much less than previous events. We of course did lose those matches, and would have had a lot better chance if those players had brought real weapons and played as normal.

What those people bringing the LRMs don't understand is that they're gimping themselves and the team, because they probably won't get that match score anyway with all the ECM, easy cover, etc, and then when the fight turns into a brawl they're completely worthless, because they aren't people that know how to use LRMs in intelligent ways anyway.

Want to pad dmg while still being a use to your team? At least boat ERLL on something, more range than the LRMs, more useful at all ranges, and not negated by a piece of equipment carried on every other mech you'll likely encounter.

#5 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:12 AM

Bring a Hellbringer with meta gauss cmlas and enjoy

#6 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:20 AM

Lrms make a ton of worthless spread damage but do make a nice match score.

To bad you don't get anything for AMS or 3x kitfox would be balancing this out.

#7 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:22 AM

View PostTyler Valentine, on 18 September 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

Don't usually see many LRMs but saw a lot last night. Maybe something to do with the challenge? LRMs are easy to get a high score with if you happen to drop in an ECMless game...

This. LRMs are a relatively easy way to get a 300 match score. You'll probably see a lot of them all weekend.

#8 Rakshasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 560 posts
  • LocationThe Underhive, Pomme De Terre

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:24 AM

Posted Image
"You brought ECM, didn't you?"

I carry LRM's and find them useful for supporting team-mates and generally annoying the enemy, but I agree that carrying nothing but LRM's isn't a good idea. When a lot of the enemy team are rocking LRM's and other weapon systems though...yeah. Take cover and hope the rain doesn't find you, they may not be good at killing you but they'll flay your armour off for the direct damage mechs to capitalize on :ph34r: Probably says bad things about my tier that I see LRM's at all...

Edited by Rakshasa, 18 September 2015 - 10:25 AM.

#9 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:25 AM

I haven't taken out the PPC Raven since the dawn of Light SRM Heroes.

Nulling enemy ECM and coring people out is delicious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users