Bought Collectors Marauder, And I Don't Even Want It.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Foxfire kadrpg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:31 AM

Well, I want it enough to keep it, to be sure, but much like the Urbanmech, my purchase of the Marauder was more of a support for PGI than 'new mech get'.

I have a personal disdain for intellectual property rights as they are now, and the Marauder, along with other Unseen mechs have a sordid history as a result of those laws...

and.. I do not think highly of Harmony Gold. As a guy who was introduced to anime in the 80's, it was not until late in life that I learned just how much anime and manga was 'adapted' 'edited' and outright censored by a bunch of holier than thou, dinosaur businessmen with a presumptuous interpretation of what constitutes 'offensive material'. While they were within their legal rights to do so, Harmony Gold none the less 'adapted' Robotech, cobbling together episodes from three separate series into one, removing some scenes entirely, ect. It's my firm belief that they have done more harm to the name of their product than FASA's tracework ever did.

So here's a toast to PGI, and Alex in particular. Your new marauder looks better than the decades old, antenna-on-egg design that brought such controversy. More power to you guys.

#2 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:35 AM

I bougt it too, + the Bounty Hunter addon.
While I really wanted this mech. It's also to give a huge middle finger to Harmony Gold.

#3 Aetes Nakatomi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, England

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:51 AM

I have bought the collectors with the Bounty Hunter addon because I want to incentivise PGI to release more of the unseen. Although after saying that I do really like the look of the mech and I think it will be a good addition to my IS account.

#4 Aleksanteri Bekker

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:01 AM

Props should go to CatalystGameLabs since the maraunder "unseen" resolution is applicable not only to MWO but the entire IP, from what I understand. TROs, sourcebooks, novels, etc

#5 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:04 AM

I would guess that because Battletech looks to begin in the near future, that both companies would like PGI to work on as many "unseen" designs as possible to get these mechs in the new games.

-k

#6 ColdPsyker1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:41 AM

OP, you should make a poll of "how many people bought the may racer pack to give a big f*** you to HG, and how many people bought it cause they want the mech"

Being a proud true born warrior myself, I occasionally dabble in the mechs of freebirths, just to give the freebirth scum a fighting chance, but I am going to get the collectors pack too just to give the middle finger to HG.

*seriousness of last statement is serious* :D

#7 Foxfire kadrpg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:57 AM

View PostColdPsyker1, on 18 September 2015 - 11:41 AM, said:

Being a proud true born warrior myself, I occasionally dabble in the mechs of freebirths, just to give the freebirth scum a fighting chance, but I am going to get the collectors pack too just to give the middle finger to HG.

The break in role-play dialogue makes this hilarious. "You dare refuse my Batchall? You will- wait, hold on, I've got another call. Yes, Harmony Gold? Right. Just called to say 'go **** yourself'. *hangs up* Now, where were- oh right. "

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users