57 replies to this topic

#41 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:13 PM

to all these players understand this i am screenshoting and reporting every single one of you and i do hope you get banned and lose out on this tourny.

Yep I do the same- team treason under any circumstance isn't allowed

I don't give a flying !@#$ how you think other people should play, that's PGIs call to make.

Either obey the COC or go play a different game.

Edited by Slepnir, 18 September 2015 - 08:47 PM.

#42 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:20 PM

I don't report people for calling out the last player trying to hide. I don't do it unless it's a disco, but why should I care more about how the last player feels than he cares about anyone else?

#43 MechWarrior3671771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:53 PM

"why should I care more about how the last player feels than he cares about anyone else?"

I'm amazed at the lengths people will go in justifying Team Treason.

Not only are they telepaths who "know" what you are thinking,
they are also empaths who "know" what you are feeling.

"I'm going to just assume this guy is a jerk so I can justify being a jerk to him"

Edited by Fenrisulvyn, 18 September 2015 - 08:54 PM.

#44 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:11 PM

View PostFenrisulvyn, on 18 September 2015 - 08:53 PM, said:

"why should I care more about how the last player feels than he cares about anyone else?"

I'm amazed at the lengths people will go in justifying Team Treason.

Not only are they telepaths who "know" what you are thinking,
they are also empaths who "know" what you are feeling.

"I'm going to just assume this guy is a jerk so I can justify being a jerk to him"

So someone who runs off and powers down is a jackass. Since I can't speak to their moms and ask for an apology for having not raised a better human being, I'll settle for not reporting people who give their position away.

'lengths people will go in justifying Team Treason'.

Are you serious? It's really simple - last guy runs off, hides and powers down. Either flat out says he's just hiding to protect his KDR or just doesn't respond at all to the rest of his team. I don't have to be psychic - what he's doing is being a jackass for his own stats. I owe hi nothing save some mockery.

#45 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:28 PM

View PostMellifluer, on 18 September 2015 - 02:31 PM, said:

im not talking about that last player that hides in a corner shut down or just runs to avoid death as the last player.

i am referring specifically to players that just call out the last players location when said player is still fighting and moving.

just to clarify.

and yes someone called out my position when i had a fairly good spot and was still sniping the enemy with my goose waffles. (the enemy hadn't figured out where i was perched quite yet and were running completely the wrong direction)

I could care less if I get reported for calling out some CLOWN who is getting his jollies out of dragging the game out and hiding, wasting everyones time.

I find that 90% of time the last player is either hiding, or holding out some ridiculous hope that he can single-handedly take out the remaining 6-8 mechs on the other team. So, there he is, little to no armor, missing weapons, and the opposition has multiple healthy mechs.

Nope....not a hero..the guys a clown. Especially the type that tries hiding on a JJ accessible location and tries to snipe.

That is being much less a sportsman than the guy calling you out for being an jakarzz.

Edited by TLBFestus, 18 September 2015 - 09:33 PM.

#46 Bloody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 569 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:51 PM

report if it makes you feel better, i do not believe anything will change. I am of the opinion that PUGs are PUGs and if you have issues with randoms then there is already a built in mechanic to remove that uncertainty .

lets face it, you are no better than the AFKer, you only care about this due to the dumb challenge, you are as selfish as he/she is.

Edited by Bloody, 18 September 2015 - 09:52 PM.

#47 Cementi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 779 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:57 PM

These kind of threads come up all the time. Challenge has nothing to do with it.

Actually except for a rare few where the challenge was moderately attainable I usually play other games on the weekend because the challenges usually distort the entire play experiance of MWO into something that I personally find undesirable.

So the arguement that I only feel last pilot power downs are griefers and need to be punished because I am trying to speed drop the challenge is invalid....I have not done a single drop this weekend. Odds are I won't as I have Sword Coast Legends and NHL 16 to occupy my time :)

#48 Raggedyman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:09 PM

View PostDarkMetalBlade, on 18 September 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

Or better yet, report that bloody thread, like I did.

On a more serious note, this is why I believe that surrender needs to be made an option in this game - as it is, behaviors like this are going to be here to stay so long as those matches are fights to the death with no exceptions.

Surrender sounds like a nice idea but it doesn't help the bad behaviour described.

The scene: Little Jimmy Have-A-Go is the last man standing, running his Boxcar-Racer-Mech against 12 Direwolves

Little Jimmy "I can do it! I can do it! PEWPEWPEW!"
Captain ADHD "No, you can't. I have seen many people lose before so you must surrender"
Little Jimmy "No coach, I can do it. Just give me my shot"
Captain ADHD "Sorry, but because of reasons you kill yourself"
Little Jimmy "But I took down 3 of them with my gimpy small laser already!"
Captain ADHD "He's at 34,52!! I have many important things to game"
Little Jimmy "I COULD HAVE BEEN A CONTENDER!!!!! Screw MMO's, I'm going to do meth"

or something like that.

Edited by Raggedyman, 18 September 2015 - 10:09 PM.

#49 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:28 PM

" It's really simple - last guy runs off, hides and powers down "

See what I mean? First it was "hides", now its "hides and powers down". Which is it?

And sure, the guy that hides and powers down is a jerk, especially in skirmish. But I've only seen That Guy six times in six months. What I see a lot more of is people using their "telepathy" to predict that someone is going to stay in a hide when they don't really know. They just use That Guy as an excuse to justify Team Treason on some pilot who is just trying to catch his breath and figure out what to do next.

BTW, how do you know what a pilot intends to do if you tattle his position to the enemy BEFORE he does anything?

Team Treason is really about selfish dead people trying to end the match early so they can play again. And they always justify ratting out their team mates by assuming he's That Guy who hides and shuts down.

#50 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:35 PM

"I could care less if I get reported for calling out some CLOWN who is getting his jollies out of dragging the game out and hiding, wasting everyones time."

And this is why PGI needs to start banning people like you.

You have no idea why he is "dragging the game out", you just assume he is griefing so you don't feel as bad for committing Team Treason. Maybe he needs the extra practice. Maybe he had time for 1 drop that night and this was it, so he wants to set up a sniper position just to milk the remaining match minutes for entertainment. But no, you just assume his reasons are invalid, so you can justify cheating.

You know its against the rules, but publicly announce you are going to break the rules anyway.

Edited by Fenrisulvyn, 18 September 2015 - 10:50 PM.

#51 Tuis Ryche

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 324 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:42 PM

Glad they removed that DC penalty ********, especially since I don't have forever to hit all the maps when the rotation tonight seems to be Tourm, Caustic, Bog, Caustic, Tourm, Tourm, Bog, Caustic, etc etc

View PostFenrisulvyn, on 18 September 2015 - 10:35 PM, said:

"I could care less if I get reported for calling out some CLOWN who is getting his jollies out of dragging the game out and hiding, wasting everyones time."

And this is why PGI needs to start banning people like you.

You have no idea why he is "dragging the game out", you just assume he is griefing so you don't feel as bad for committing Team Treason. Maybe he needs the extra practice. Maybe he had time for 1 drop that night and this was it, so he wants to set up a sniper position just to milk the remaining match minutes for entertainment. But no, you just assume his reasons are invalid, so you can justify cheating.

Sometimes, when you're sitting as spectator (and watching their chat), it's clear they're not engaging nor do they intend to. Just end it.

#52 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:52 PM

" it's clear they're not engaging nor do they intend to."

Again, the ShutDownHider is always trotted out as the example. I've seen him 6 times in 6 months.

What I see more of is pilots actively trying to play, even though its hopeless, and then some jerk tattles their position to the enemy so they will die quicker.

#53 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:05 PM

Only time I even ever see someone's position given up its usually after they power down and even then rarely.

#54 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:10 PM

View PostFenrisulvyn, on 18 September 2015 - 10:28 PM, said:

" It's really simple - last guy runs off, hides and powers down "

See what I mean? First it was "hides", now its "hides and powers down". Which is it?

And sure, the guy that hides and powers down is a jerk, especially in skirmish. But I've only seen That Guy six times in six months. What I see a lot more of is people using their "telepathy" to predict that someone is going to stay in a hide when they don't really know. They just use That Guy as an excuse to justify Team Treason on some pilot who is just trying to catch his breath and figure out what to do next.

BTW, how do you know what a pilot intends to do if you tattle his position to the enemy BEFORE he does anything?

Team Treason is really about selfish dead people trying to end the match early so they can play again. And they always justify ratting out their team mates by assuming he's That Guy who hides and shuts down.

So you ask in chat. He either response verbally or he powers up or any number of things. I've seen That Guy a few times. Generally That Guy JJs somewhere up high, powers down and disconnects. I've got no issue with his position being called out.

Tuck into a corner, power down as people walk by, power up and shoot them? Go nuts. Have fun. Props to the effort.

I've seen people shut down 6 times in 6 months too. I've seen someone call out a player location 3 times in 6 months.

Not sure where this is even an issue.

#55 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:27 AM

The issue is your dead. The issue is you can opt out into another match at any time. The issue is there are rules in place to report what you consider bad behavior.

The issue is you think your better than everyone else and can break the rules at your discretion.

I see the selfish and self centered call out active last men far more than they make a good call.

You ruin the experience for a player trying to get one last kill far more than actually giving up a troll.

Play by the rules like everyone else and report him you lazy scumbags. I have well over 35k matches an not once have I given away anyones position. I have reported far more team treason than any troll last man.

#56 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:14 AM

View PostMystere, on 18 September 2015 - 05:02 PM, said:

It could be argued that the world is sh1t right now precisely because people bend the rules to their liking.

TWIAFU = The World is All Fu*ked Up.

;)

#57 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:18 AM

#58 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:18 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 19 September 2015 - 04:14 AM, said:

TWIAFU = The World is All Fu*ked Up.

;)

:o