#1 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:20 PM

Buff every mechs armor by 50%.

Increase all AC, SRM, LRM ammo loads by 50%

But left damage produced by weapons the same.

I think amazing 'hairball battles' of 'insane' fun would ensue .... but that's just my opinion.

Ever since the new tier system replaced the ELO system, the Time to Kill at the highest levels of play has become kinda broken. It just feels off to me. On both the receiving and giving end of it.

Thoughts?

Edited by Flak Kannon, 18 September 2015 - 03:20 PM.

#2 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:21 PM

I think you would end up in the same place for longer.

#3 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:30 PM

I think nothing would change in terms of actually changing how people play. It'd just take longer for the team cooperation (or the lack thereof) to end.
Nascars would turn an extra one and a half revolutions and spread so thin the assaults stop complaining about being left behind.
Cover peekers would just peek a few times more.
Forums would be asking for more ammo boosts. Nevermind, I didn't read the second line of the OP. I guess I was right.
Stupidity would ensue.
Borked hit boxes become more apparent as their armor exceeds ludicrous amounts that the problems will only be highlighted and underlined in red when they outlast their entire team.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 18 September 2015 - 03:36 PM.

#4 FrontGuard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:38 PM

i would hope people would have more Courage and step out more and Yes... have more fun.

#5 Red Shrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:42 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 18 September 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

Nascars would turn an extra one and a half revolutions and spread so thin the assaults stop complaining about being left behind.

Had a good chuckle.

You're right though. The camp fest would just keep going a little longer. Because it doesn't take away the fear. The fear of getting shot at.
If people only have 1 life, people will start fearing even a stray laser or AC/2 shell.

View PostFrontGuard, on 18 September 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

i would hope people would have more Courage and step out more and Yes... have more fun.

You'd have to make camping/peeking/nascar/peekabooing/hill-humping nigh impossible before people would even consider doing anything else.

P.S. I like to think about what would happen if you were to drop said 24 players into a completely flat (100% flat) map. I kinda imagine they'd all start scurrying all over the place looking for a scrap of cover.

#6 FrontGuard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:48 PM

You have a very negitive outlook Timberwolf581...
do us all a favor and stand up side down when you take your dump on peeps ideas.
then post the vid here
then we can all laught at you

#7 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:49 PM

Such changes would be good I think, if weapons remain as they are.

The flip side is reduce damage output on current weapons.

#8 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:55 PM

View PostTimberwolf581, on 18 September 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

P.S. I like to think about what would happen if you were to drop said 24 players into a completely flat (100% flat) map. I kinda imagine they'd all start scurrying all over the place looking for a scrap of cover.

It would be a toss up between the fastest mech or and the mech with longest reach for who wins. Bonus points if you do both.
If I knew I was dropping in that map, I'd take an arctic cheetah. Not because its hit boxes are wtfcrazy, but because its the fastest clan mech we have right now and you can mod clan lasers to reach further than LRMs... So much for "long" range missiles I suppose. I dunno how well it would work if everyone else did the same, but then at least everyones playing on the same level lol

#9 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:00 PM

Well the first pts pass showed a heavy reliance on structure quirks. So we might be moving to a little more survivability. But they're also talking a weapon rebalance. Not sure what all that will entail.

#10 Red Shrike

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:03 PM

View PostFrontGuard, on 18 September 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

You have a very negitive outlook Timberwolf581...
do us all a favor and stand up side down when you take your dump on peeps ideas.
then post the vid here
then we can all laught at you

I'm all for trying it out, I just don't think it'll change anything.
People tend to take the path of least resistance. Or in this case the path of most reward and least risk. Which happens to be the tactics that are used now.

The way I look at it, MWO is World of Tanks with 'Mechs. In its current state anyway. Luckily CW is there to break the trend. Or so I thought.

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 18 September 2015 - 03:55 PM, said:

It would be a toss up between the fastest mech or and the mech with longest reach for who wins. Bonus points if you do both.
If I knew I was dropping in that map, I'd take an arctic cheetah. Not because its hit boxes are wtfcrazy, but because its the fastest clan mech we have right now and you can mod clan lasers to reach further than LRMs... So much for "long" range missiles I suppose. I dunno how well it would work if everyone else did the same, but then at least everyones playing on the same level lol

Most people would probably try to bring as many long range boats as possible. I feel that in the current state of MWO, a whole type of gameplay is either barred off or made extremely unattractive. I'm mostly talking about brawls and circle strafing (or any combat happening under 250 meters).

At least maps like Alpine Peaks allow for a break in the usual lane style fighting, like you see in World of Tanks where the map determines where everyone goes.

Edited by Timberwolf581, 18 September 2015 - 04:04 PM.

#11 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:05 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 18 September 2015 - 04:00 PM, said:

Well the first pts pass showed a heavy reliance on structure quirks. So we might be moving to a little more survivability. But they're also talking a weapon rebalance. Not sure what all that will entail.

I hope weapons designed for "critical damage" get big buffs in that aspect.

#12 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:19 PM

View PostMystere, on 18 September 2015 - 04:05 PM, said:

I hope weapons designed for "critical damage" get big buffs in that aspect.

I think added structure will make crit weapons more desirable as it is. If they buff them, then it'll negate the point of adding the structure quirks.

#13 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:21 PM

I really want to see TTK increase, but I no longer feel like simply buffing armour is going to help very much. I think player behavior would largely remain the same.

What I'd love to see is structure significantly boosted. But, add in various effects that can happen on critical hits to internals. Damaging legs slowly lowers your max speed, damaging arms might remove their ability to aim separately (they'll lock to the torso), damaging the torsos can lower your max torso twist or even lock your torso.

I think that'd warrant increasing internal structure a lot, and also make it a bit more fun/immersive. I want to feel like I'm dealing with a BattleMech that's slowly falling apart around me. :P

#14 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:21 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 18 September 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

I think added structure will make crit weapons more desirable as it is. If they buff them, then it'll negate the point of adding the structure quirks.

I was referring to just MGs and LB-X weapons, possibly even flamers, to make them more desirable.

#15 FrontGuard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:22 PM

depression sets in....

Where are the up beat attitudes, the Yah sayers?

oh well.... pass the Jim Beam please.

#16 Dock Steward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:54 PM

View PostDingo Red, on 18 September 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

I want to feel like I'm dealing with a BattleMech that's slowly falling apart around me. :P

Oh man. This.

There was a time, somewhere in the last three years, though I can't say when exactly, that I felt like my mech was taking damage through the course of a match and it affected gameplay. Now it just feels like I'm either alive or I'm dead.

#17 L3mming2

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:03 PM

View PostFlak Kannon, on 18 September 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

Buff every mechs armor by 50%.

Increase all AC, SRM, LRM ammo loads by 50%

But left damage produced by weapons the same.

I think amazing 'hairball battles' of 'insane' fun would ensue .... but that's just my opinion.

Ever since the new tier system replaced the ELO system, the Time to Kill at the highest levels of play has become kinda broken. It just feels off to me. On both the receiving and giving end of it.

Thoughts?

maby, it might be good, but it would be bad for lights, a locust is still a 1 shot kill fore a decent alpha dubbel armor ore not, but now it needs 2x as long to core out that assault..

#18 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:26 PM

View PostFrontGuard, on 18 September 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

If peek&poke is good now, it will still be good if armour is increased. People just have to accept that walking into the open where enemy mechs can shoot at you is a bad idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users