Can't Wait For The Reboot/rebalance

33 replies to this topic

#1 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:45 AM

Enough is enough... I like playing IS mechs and I have nothing against the Clans or Clan Mechs (I have a lot of them) but this weekend just seemed to bring out the meta Laser builds and between the Stalker 5N laser vomit to Thunderbolt 5SS wub vomit and the Twolf/Ebon Jag/Artic Cheetah/Stormcrow 8+ ER Laser Builds... I've determined the play style of the game has moved to just hide then alpha lasers, rinse and repeat...

The armor level hasn't kept up with the firepower for most mechs laser vomit builds unless you have big armor quirks... maybe time to make Ferro Fibrous useful and have it reduce laser damage by 30%??

My new Maulers just get Mauled by the time they arrive to the battle :) eliting them has been the most aggravating grind of any of the mechs I've played... a couple of laser vomit alphas and they go down. The range and pinpoint accuracy of lasers mechs make them the meta of choice but they are ruining the games variety and fun level. In CW its all about laser wub builds... still.

So I'm not sure what the dev's should do but I for one am hoping for the game to improve once this rebalance/reboot is done. The thing is... the last wave of Resistance and Clan mechs just reinforced the laser vomit meta... its a pity...

Edited by Jman88, 19 September 2015 - 07:49 AM.

#2 Torgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:51 AM

If you've read a bit about how the re-balance is progressing as seen on the test server, you'd most certainly not look forward to what seems to be coming. All I can say is they thought it was a good start to buff TWs.

Edited by Torgun, 19 September 2015 - 07:52 AM.

#3 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:57 AM

Like ive said so many times before, armor and structure need to be increased badly on everything except lights. They still havent done such a simple fix after all this time its mind boggling.

Until then, enjoy Call of Duty, Mechwarrior edition!

Edited by Alwrath, 19 September 2015 - 07:57 AM.

#4 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:05 AM

View PostAlwrath, on 19 September 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

Call of Duty is all run and gun with submachine guns, because submachine guns insta-kill?
This is like the opposite, everybody is a sniper...

#5 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:10 AM

Well what they need to do is:

1) Add Ghost heat for firing more than 4 medium lasers

2) remove the heat penalty for firing 2 AC20s... we have laser alphas up in the 60s for some builds... why not at least give us fun with ballistics?

3) reduce the ER PPC heat to something around 12... you can't run more than 2 on any mech successfully unless its heavily quirked like an Awesome or Tbolt...

Maybe this would give more build variety in the game.

#6 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:16 AM

View PostJman88, on 19 September 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

2) remove the heat penalty for firing 2 AC20s... we have laser alphas up in the 60s for some builds... why not at least give us fun with ballistics?

3) reduce the ER PPC heat to something around 12... you can't run more than 2 on any mech successfully unless its heavily quirked like an Awesome or Tbolt...

Make ERPPCs better and you will see nothing else (but Gauss).

It is pretty funny how PGI's weekend events make me NOT want to play on weekends. Much more fun dropping on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

#7 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:23 AM

Well at least PPCs take some aiming skill... I'd rather get killed with those than get hit by 6 MPLs point blank by a light mech

Edited by Jman88, 19 September 2015 - 08:23 AM.

#8 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:24 AM

With Paul's algorithm....don't expect anything but pain.

That thing nerfed the worst mechs in the game, and buffed the best ones. I also don't expect any weapon balance, because editing .XMLs is apparently difficult.

#9 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:33 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 19 September 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

With Paul's algorithm....don't expect anything but pain.

That thing nerfed the worst mechs in the game, and buffed the best ones. I also don't expect any weapon balance, because editing .XMLs is apparently difficult.

The Mauler in particular has lots of hardpoints, which gives ample opportunity for the Paulgorithm™ to do its dirty work...

#10 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:41 AM

Damage needs to come down across the board, there are a couple fundamental contradictions with the damage/tanking/targeting mechanics.

Always have been.

Instead we get the Quirkening inforwar edition.

#11 Lykaon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:42 AM

View PostAlwrath, on 19 September 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

Like ive said so many times before, armor and structure need to be increased badly on everything except lights. They still havent done such a simple fix after all this time its mind boggling.

I do not feel the improved evasion on most lights merit the light class not getting armor/structure boosts if everything else does.Do not assume every light mech is a Firestarter or Arctic Cheetah.Theoreticly there are Jenners,Ravens,Commandos,Urbanmechs,Locusts,Panthers and any clan light that isn't an arctic cheezer.

#12 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:53 AM

Your laser issue is cured with increased cooldowns on laser weapons. Currently a medium lasers cools down in 3 seconds.Increasing this a smidge decreases DPS and thus extends TTK.

Anyone who still has MW4 can attest to this in MW4 weapons had longer cooldowns but the game did not feel like you were waiting for you guns to cycle all the time.Even with an alpa strike build the time between shots was used to aim or evade for the next shot.this was made possible because the other guys mech also had longer cooldowns so the rate of damage exchange was lessened allowing for longer battle engagments.

It would be a tough sale now that we have had a taste of hyperspeed weapon cooldowns but I think this may be a good direction to at least experiment with on the test server.

#13 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:56 AM

Well, if the game becomes... I can't see anything unless I am in thermal... and I can't tell if that is a friendly or an enemy... it will die probably in 2 weeks...

Inforwar is Magic jesus Box x10

#14 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:02 PM

The Re-balance can't come quick enough, and bring on more Armor/Structure

#15 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:04 PM

I can't wait for the tears that will come with the rebalance. I have no expectation it'll be good.

#16 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:24 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 19 September 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:

I can't wait for the tears that will come with the rebalance. I have no expectation it'll be good.

The Paulgorithm™ shall not disappoint you. So it has been written, so it shall be done.

#17 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:24 PM

Reducing cycle times across the board would be an interesting thing... but then why give us weapon cooldown modules? Maybe switch them to reduce heat instead of time. That could be better actually.

#18 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:25 PM

View PostJman88, on 19 September 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

Reducing cycle times across the board would be an interesting thing... but then why give us weapon cooldown modules? Maybe switch them to reduce heat instead of time. That could be better actually.

Reduced heat would be a big buff to energy. Like, really big...

#19 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:30 PM

View PostLykaon, on 19 September 2015 - 11:42 AM, said:

I do not feel the improved evasion on most lights merit the light class not getting armor/structure boosts if everything else does.Do not assume every light mech is a Firestarter or Arctic Cheetah.Theoreticly there are Jenners,Ravens,Commandos,Urbanmechs,Locusts,Panthers and any clan light that isn't an arctic cheezer.

Very well then, good point. Increase armor and structure on EVERYTHING. muhahahahaha!

#20 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:46 PM

No matter how you look at it.....Clan mech variants will finally have some major differences.
It's true that at first look some variants look broken and gimped in some way but this is PGI's first draft for this kind of balancing.
In any case it will be easier to balance than the weapon quirks. I am worried about how the sales of Hero mechs will go though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users