Tournament Is A Bust...

44 replies to this topic

#21 Lugubre

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:52 PM

Those top scores smells me to a RIGGED game....

#22 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:56 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 20 September 2015 - 02:47 PM, said:

I really hope PGI learns from this Event. It's been miserable.

They won't and could care less, frankly.

I didn't even bother logging in all weekend long.

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 20 September 2015 - 03:18 PM.

#23 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:59 PM

Actually, exploiting nitwits and cheaters aside I've really enjoyed this one. It promotes smarter play overall that I've seen. Payout is great too.

#24 Pale Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 786 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:02 PM

This event is terrible and PGI should feel bad.

Getting stuck on a terrible team? It happens. Having to play until you get the random map you need? Screw this. I'll take my Tier 1 Pub pack and call it a day.

#25 riverslq

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 443 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:48 PM

View PostPale Jackal, on 20 September 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

This event is terrible and PGI should feel bad.

Getting stuck on a terrible team? It happens. Having to play until you get the random map you need? Screw this. I'll take my Tier 1 Pub pack and call it a day.

lucky

I have tier 2 on everything but 2 maps
i'm missing tier 1 on those 2 maps too. :P

**** you pgi.

RNG.
Seriously.

Edited by riverslq, 20 September 2015 - 04:48 PM.

#26 crashlogic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 318 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:04 PM

I want an apology from PGI for ******* this up so badly

#27 Pale Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 786 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:12 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 20 September 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:

Actually, exploiting nitwits and cheaters aside I've really enjoyed this one. It promotes smarter play overall that I've seen. Payout is great too.

How does it promote smarter play? I do grant you that I play smarter when I'm on a map I need, but that doesn't let you get a match score of 300+ if your team gets rolled 12-2.

This is counter-balanced by the disconnectors, and the suiciders. I've charged into enemy lines (sometimes with great success!) when I couldn't bear playing on the same map for the umpteenth time in an assault.

Oh, yeah, and since match score is significantly correlated to damage, this formula obviously favors high damage builds like a dakka wolf.

#28 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:12 PM

View PostTempest Borne, on 19 September 2015 - 06:49 PM, said:

Random maps? pfft. 21 matches and 1 viridian bog. 14 HPG and Crimson Straight.

I've had very little time to play so far this night, but I've already had 3 out of 5 matches on HPG Manifold... Pfftt... pointless just out of the gate. I could have wasted all weekend on this idiotic even, and even if I were a great player, failed thanks to the RNG for map selection.

Edited by oldradagast, 20 September 2015 - 05:20 PM.

#29 FireDog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 377 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:17 PM

Two disconnects on start plus one Leroy Jenkins suicide charge last game..... we nine played petty good but still lost lost 12 to 4.

Players getting desperate to find those last few maps on rotation.

#30 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:20 PM

The heavy queue is 40% and the assault queue is ~37% and you wonder what this tournament promotes?

Damage. In big mechs with which to do the damage. People gravitate to bigger mechs during these events when your score needs to be higher.

People are disconnecting over and over I've seen and reported a guy who did it 4 matches in the last hour.

#31 riverslq

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 443 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:31 PM

View PostXetelian, on 20 September 2015 - 05:20 PM, said:

The heavy queue is 40% and the assault queue is ~37% and you wonder what this tournament promotes?

Damage. In big mechs with which to do the damage. People gravitate to bigger mechs during these events when your score needs to be higher.

People are disconnecting over and over I've seen and reported a guy who did it 4 matches in the last hour.

because the scoring system is broken.
you kill a mech with a headshot, and taken him out of the match quickly? you get f'd on points.
your aim sucks and you srm wildly trying to hit god knows what? you get 400 points. congrats, you suck otherwise.

#32 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:44 PM

View Postoldradagast, on 20 September 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

I've had very little time to play so far this night, but I've already had 3 out of 5 matches on HPG Manifold... Pfftt... pointless just out of the gate. I could have wasted all weekend on this idiotic even, and even if I were a great player, failed thanks to the RNG for map selection.

My bad - now my map "choices" are Mining Collective or HPG. Yeah, I guess... fail tournament is fail.

#33 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:07 PM

This event and everything thats gone on and is still happening has just killed this game for me.
Thx HFGL.

#34 Pinkelton

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:28 PM

the scoring feels off too. I did the exact same as one of my lance mates even had more damage but they out scored me by quite a bit. Solo Q scoring is a mystery.

#35 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:26 PM

I was going to withhold my complaints about this tournament and not really care too much about completing it because I didn't want to make a big deal about it even though I've thought pretty poorly about it the whole time, but now...

The match quality today has completely gone down the sewer, people are constantly disconnecting or going AFK and it's not uncommon to see 2 or even 3 mechs on your team with 0 damage on the match score screen. I saw multiple matches where somebody brings an assault mech, they sit there doing nothing, and the rest of the team loses because of it; I even noted a few names of people who were disconnecting every single time I saw them in a match and they were doing it for hours too.

I was actually having fun for a while in the earlier parts of the event where people mostly played normally instead of being shitheads, but now it's come to the point where every single match has at least 1 afk/disconnect and I'm sick of it. I went from not caring all that much about a bad event to raging about it because of the atrociously bad match quality literally all day today, it's absolutely pathetic.

In addition to not making such a shitfest event again, I hope PGI takes note of all the people intentionally disconnecting and AFKing (or even suiciding which I saw a few times as well) and reams them hard, but I'm sure that won't happen even though it would be completely justified.

Edited by Pjwned, 20 September 2015 - 08:28 PM.

#36 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:29 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 19 September 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

I bought a M pack just to make myself feel better. There was no way I was even going to try to get a high score.

Please, do not impulse buy anything from PGI. They have done nothing to earn your money.

#37 Gofer

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:17 PM

I'm seeing some very disturbing things on this tourney.... like.... the PGI minions shut the damned V-Bog drop frequency to <5%..... I'm playing all game modes, all servers... over 80 matches... 2 damned Games... ? W T F?

Also.. and this is an ongoing beef with PGI and their chosen "buddies".... a pilot that my unit has submitted video of using an exploit is in the top 10 currently... so... PGI.. has not responded to our complaints... AND are allowing the cheater to continue playing unabated... It's hard to enjoy the game when the developers (1) send you spam mail saying "thanks for sending this in.. we cant get back to you.... " and (2) continuallly endorse the behavior of recorded cheaters rather than pull them from game.... dont get it. Canadians are usually so ethical.

Makes robot time sad sometimes.

#38 Uncl Munkeh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 329 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArizona

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:48 PM

Not even close to random by the wildest expectation of the word random.

#39 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:52 PM

it isn't the first event they've done that's had this same basic problem; I don't think they understand the way randomness like this 1) incentivizes bad behavior and 2) isn't really fun in the first place.

people pointed out the problems this event would cause as soon as they announced it and lo, those people have been proven correct. The behavior this would cause was obvious and easily predictable

#40 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:59 PM

View PostXetelian, on 20 September 2015 - 05:20 PM, said:

LRM Boats. :mellow:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users