38 replies to this topic

#21 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:35 PM

I tried to get a little work done on this, and I ended up landing 4 times on Caustic Valley out of 5 matches. Each match, I seemed to be ambushed by my own teammates (like a dragon one time sat behind my LRM 4J, so I couldn't back up. After I died, he casually strolled away after blocking me in... twice...) giving me a really low match score (as well as damage/etc), or I got hit with a bug and it got me killed (such as getting stuck and unable to move, or the all time favorite of shooting a stationary mech in the CT till I overheat, and then they shoot the same exact weapons payload at me and I explode in a single hit. Tis seems strange to me then, and still strange to me now). (Not including the CW PUG drops I did.)

I've basically decided that I wont be able to earn anything due to bugs, map rotation, or just seemingly being sabotaged (I know, probably not intentionally, but I've also been getting shot in the back a lot by friendly when this event started). Oh well. I'll try again Sunday I think...

#22 Talorien

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:53 PM

See potential easy fix for PGI for the RNG here:

http://mwomercs.com/...-fix-for-event/

#23 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:37 AM

View PostSoulstrom, on 19 September 2015 - 08:56 PM, said:

damage 588, get a kill, and 5 assists and I say okay it will be close but....match score 374 = Unbelievable.

Believe it.

Posted Image

"The genius" who made the score system and "the genius" who made this tournament are believing it is far better to spread dmg all over the place instead of being efficient.

So, killing 3, assist 6, 608 dmg, is not enough..... and only 366 match score! Even less than your one despite more k, more dmg and more assists.

I'm tempted to bring a lurmboat lol :D

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 20 September 2015 - 01:39 AM.

#24 Valkyrie73

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 158 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:02 AM

I cannot get crimson straight to save my life. Got it twice in about 60 drops and its the only one I need to finish tier 2 ( I scored 390 and 370). it's killing me to be so close but so far

Edited by Valkyrie73, 20 September 2015 - 02:08 AM.

#25 Valkyrie73

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 158 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:07 AM

I have tried everything. Selecting all servers and mission, selecting 1 server and 1 mission type, changing mechs, logging off and back on its seriously a joke.

#26 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:56 PM

Do recall, Match Score is not based solely on kills, damage and/or assists. Every action you take can add to your match score, such as spotting, hit and run, flanking, most damage dealt, Countering an enemy ECM for X seconds, etc.

Don't count on just damage and kills/assists to get you a high match score. It helps, but if you don't do anything else (aka: typically helping the team out beyond yourself*) then you can do "great" and still have a low match score.

* Not directed at anyone, but I've seen some "great" pilots who were top damage dealers in matches, but was a horrible teammate and was more of a detriment to a team than an actual help. Not saying anyone here is/was/are this kind of player. Just saying that helping your teammates typically gives you better match scores overall.

#27 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:28 PM

Maxed pub, 3 maps at 300+ on cw left. I kept grinding in public to stay in top 50 (it's an odds game) but just couldn't do it plus all the maps in cw, so my pub ranking slipped. Doesn't matter, really, outside of top 10 and I'm not there.

CW can be painful. Because of how cw drops work it's common to fight over the same slice (and map) back and forth. Irksome as hell.

Roll 2 energy boat high performers first. Don't die. You'll blow the top off 300, easy. Problem is multiple maps.

#28 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:35 PM

Pug queue recommendations -

Go 80kph plus if you can.

Reposition a lot. Get damage in on everyone.

Don't chase kills. Better to shoot 3 enemies who are shooting at teammates than get 1 more kill.

Use arty, helps your assists.

Don't die. Survive the match.

Stick with your lance as long as you can.

Lock targets, especially if your team has lrms.

All that gets you points. Getting 600 pts with only 2 or 3 kills isn't hard doing that. Stick and move for "flanking" and "hit and run" bonuses and remember - gunning on someone who is lighting up your teammates helps a lot. Don't go sniper, go brawl and stay front line.

#29 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:20 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 20 September 2015 - 03:35 PM, said:

Pug queue recommendations -

Go 80kph plus if you can.

Reposition a lot. Get damage in on everyone.

Don't chase kills. Better to shoot 3 enemies who are shooting at teammates than get 1 more kill.

Use arty, helps your assists.

Don't die. Survive the match.

Stick with your lance as long as you can.

Lock targets, especially if your team has lrms.

All that gets you points. Getting 600 pts with only 2 or 3 kills isn't hard doing that. Stick and move for "flanking" and "hit and run" bonuses and remember - gunning on someone who is lighting up your teammates helps a lot. Don't go sniper, go brawl and stay front line.

Great advice. Now we only need a method to get the maps we need. :)

#30 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:35 PM

not ..... EVEN.......close.

Tho, admittedly, the skill of the pilot is definitely contributing as much as the RNG is.

#31 riverslq

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 443 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:36 PM

View PostTLBFestus, on 20 September 2015 - 06:35 PM, said:

not ..... EVEN.......close.

Tho, admittedly, the skill of the pilot is definitely contributing as much as the RNG is.

**** that ****

stupid event is stupid

oh, and i almost never get crimson or canyon either

Posted Image

Edited by riverslq, 20 September 2015 - 06:37 PM.

#32 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:58 PM

View Postriverslq, on 20 September 2015 - 06:36 PM, said:

oh, and i almost never get crimson or canyon either

Yeah that was my problem too. After I got my 400 on canyon, I now get it all the time. *eye roll*

#33 Talorien

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:14 PM

Let's hope PGI puts in some fixes on Monday morning Canada time.

They have been doing a good job so far, and it's in their interest to do some damage control.

#34 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:46 PM

I had 8/9 maps at 400+; was dropping, getting more and more frustrated because I wasn't getting the one I needed

then I said 'wait, why the **** am I doing this to myself' and logged out

#35 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:27 PM

View PostAssaultPig, on 20 September 2015 - 09:46 PM, said:

I had 8/9 maps at 400+; was dropping, getting more and more frustrated because I wasn't getting the one I needed

then I said 'wait, why the **** am I doing this to myself' and logged out

I did that when I was getting frustrated, and couldn't even breach 200 point matches (which is kinda unusual for me) (and it was typically do to bugs or some teammates shooting me in the back (in the heat of battle) or blocking my retreat back into cover).

I tried for 5 matches. It was not worth the frustration. When a game isn't fun, it isn't really worth playing anymore. (Only for those matches that day.) I might try again a bit tomorrow if I can...

#36 BadgerWI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 126 posts
  • LocationNorthern Continent, Second Try, Chaos March, Federated Commonwealth

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:15 AM

I just needed the bog...in 17 hours of game play I didn't get it once.

#37 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:04 AM

T1 package is enough for me--which I qualified. The cockpit items are not worth the extra grind. The extra C-Bills are useless since I spent 80K per match to achieve that.

#38 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:22 AM

Once I actually needed a couple maps to complete the tournament, I never saw them again.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users