6 Kills - 562 Dmg - 380 Match Score

28 replies to this topic

#21 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:25 AM

View PostFitchi, on 20 September 2015 - 10:02 AM, said:

I even used UAV... so its just the damage? This is kind of ******** :/

There is a reason why the heavy and assault queue are relatively long.

The event should be seperated into tiers. The light and medium tier should get a small bonus to compensate for less damage.

#22 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:24 PM

I have now had multiple matches where only 2-3 people on both teams made 300pts. Most damage is 200-400pts for everybody with decent players on both teams with 1 or 2 folks 500 or above (they are usually last alive sniping or lrming).

Welcome solo group Q I guess. The matches have been more fun with people having to bring A game. Any group that hesitates or scatters just makes the game over quicker so less pain in long run

#23 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:36 PM

I think the key here is that combining a challenge in which everyone cannot get credit in a given match with the randomness of having to get it on every map is a terrible, terrible idea. If it had just been 150-200 match score OR at least 9 games with a score of 400 it would have been fine.

The only way this one could have been worse is requiring 400 match score AND a win on every map. Though I guess if PGI wanted to run some sort of test on frustration tolerance in gamers they could combine this one with the To the Victors challenge. Survive, get one kill, one assist, win, and get a match score of 400 on every map.

#24 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:43 PM

On the last map I needed, HPG, I kept going too try hard as well.

I was charging in hard to start doing dam from the start but was CTing things too much and the pugs were magically 5m behind me focus firing like bawses. Twice I rocked up with 4 and 5 kills and only 500dam and a 3min stomp.

Then.. about 10hrs later HPG cam up for a 3rd time and I finally did a 700dam 4 kill game to get it.

#25 Evil Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 182 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:44 PM

PGI really does need to fix this, it's absolutely ridiculous they're trying to push this.

I've made more from the event by playing the game then I will get from the event rewards, doesn't that defeat the point when I won't be able to gain the rewards anyways?

Edited by Evil Ash, 20 September 2015 - 12:45 PM.

#26 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:54 PM

View PostBush Hopper, on 20 September 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

There is a reason why the heavy and assault queue are relatively long.

The event should be seperated into tiers. The light and medium tier should get a small bonus to compensate for less damage.

There are soo many things wrong with the challenge design it's hard to know where to begin..

View PostChuck YeaGurr, on 20 September 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

Welcome solo group Q I guess. The matches have been more fun with people having to bring A game. Any group that hesitates or scatters just makes the game over quicker so less pain in long run

Quick games make it even more difficult to amass the 6-700 damage needed.. there is a sweet-spot that must be found between fighting a noob team and a team that is OP.

#27 Turambar

• Pip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSt Paul

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:03 PM

Yeah, rewards system is ******.

It really needs to be fixed. Low C-Bills, low match scores.

the 4-5 minute match maker making this extremely ******,

#28 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:13 PM

The anti-pinpoint event yep killing a mech with 100 damage and 30 second is less rewarded than killing a mech after 300 damage and 1 minute ...

#29 riverslq

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 443 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:19 PM

having bad aim and hitting random pieces of armor == more points as well

View PostZoid, on 20 September 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

I think the key here is that combining a challenge in which everyone cannot get credit in a given match with the randomness of having to get it on every map is a terrible, terrible idea. If it had just been 150-200 match score OR at least 9 games with a score of 400 it would have been fine.

The only way this one could have been worse is requiring 400 match score AND a win on every map. Though I guess if PGI wanted to run some sort of test on frustration tolerance in gamers they could combine this one with the To the Victors challenge. Survive, get one kill, one assist, win, and get a match score of 400 on every map.

DONT YOU DARE SAY THAT!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users