#1 Tristan Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:03 PM

I don't mean ECM, before you ask.

But targeting computers, BAP / CAP, several classes of jump jets, AMS, TAG, NARC... hell, even CASE is a bit of a waste, even on most ammo-based builds.

I'm asking because I've been toying with a number of Warhawk builds lately, really trying to make different stuff work. For example, I thought it would be fun to have a super sniper with a Mk 5 Targeting computer, BAP and advanced sensors, to shoot at people from the other side of the map. But I keep coming back to the same min-max builds as being blatantly superior.

Max armour. Lots of guns. As many heat sinks as physically possible. If you've got a little bit of free weight, but not enough crits for DHS, maybe throw in a jump jet, Mk I targeting computer or active probe, depending on your build.

Would it really break the game if most of the equipment in this game was given a significant buff? Am I underestimating how many people actually use equipment? It feels like BAP / CAP is mostly used by streak boats, AMS is mostly used by mechs with 3 AMS hardpoints, jump jets are only equipped in small numbers (1-3, never max amount).

Is there any equipment except single or dual jump jets and ECM that would become too OP if buffed?

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:07 PM

For TC's, the TC1 is fine but I think that the scaling into larger TCs really needs to be improved. If a TC7 weighs as much as an Inner Sphere PPC and takes up more than twice as many slots, I expect it to give MASSIVE bonuses for that cost.

I think MASC suffers the opposite effect though, where smaller and more agile mechs like the Shadow Cat get less bonus from the agility than big mechs like the Executioner.

IS CASE is pretty weak, given that we can put ammo anywhere and it doesn't help prevent or reduce explosions at all (just keeps CT intact, while blowing up everything else...).

Command Console...lol.

Edited by FupDup, 20 September 2015 - 12:19 PM.

#3 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:12 PM

View PostTristan Winter, on 20 September 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

I don't mean ECM, before you ask.

But targeting computers, BAP / CAP, several classes of jump jets, AMS, TAG, NARC... hell, even CASE is a bit of a waste, even on most ammo-based builds.

I'm asking because I've been toying with a number of Warhawk builds lately, really trying to make different stuff work. For example, I thought it would be fun to have a super sniper with a Mk 5 Targeting computer, BAP and advanced sensors, to shoot at people from the other side of the map. But I keep coming back to the same min-max builds as being blatantly superior.

Max armour. Lots of guns. As many heat sinks as physically possible. If you've got a little bit of free weight, but not enough crits for DHS, maybe throw in a jump jet, Mk I targeting computer or active probe, depending on your build.

Would it really break the game if most of the equipment in this game was given a significant buff? Am I underestimating how many people actually use equipment? It feels like BAP / CAP is mostly used by streak boats, AMS is mostly used by mechs with 3 AMS hardpoints, jump jets are only equipped in small numbers (1-3, never max amount).

Is there any equipment except single or dual jump jets and ECM that would become too OP if buffed?

I don't think BAP would be broken if buffed, and CASE is already buffed as far as it can go on Clan mechs (free is every location). Better AMS would just hurt LRM boats more than they already are.

NARC seems pretty decent, for what it does. Not sure if buffing it would add much, TAG should go back to being invisible though- not even seen by Thermal.

#4 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:39 PM

Tag and Cap at 2 tons is really great especially with cermlas and cXL it is easy to fit compared to IS BAP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users