Simple Yet Complete Is Vs Clan Rebalance

5 replies to this topic

#1 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:24 AM

the bottom line of the idea here is to bring back predator vision for clan mechs - make the damaged parts in targetted mechs glow to facilitate kills for clan mechs, and make targetted mechs glow at a distance like this

Posted Image

this would be a big buff to clan mechs but at a big cost; they would have to target a specific mech to get the enhanced imaging advantages. if no mechs are selected they only see blue.

this would promote zellbrigen and target aquisition for clan mechs; and it would make clan mechs FEEL different, aside from the weapons - make the tech really different, not just the laser longer range and the HUD a shiny blue. that's all cosmetic; the reason to take IS vs clan mechs is all cosmetic until now, and you will actually make it more similar, when really the answer is to pursue the different flavor idea even further.

if this turns out to be overpowered, then we can start dialing back the flavor of the clan weapons to make them more on the lines of IS tech, but at this point it would not matter, because the flavor would be in the mechs themselves, not in the weapons! you wouldn't NEED overpowered weapons to make it feel like a clan mech. but at the same time i think no nerfs would be needed

maybe a slight ecm change would be needed or more ecm counters for clan mechs.

i think inner sphere mechs could even make use of this clan advantage, to lure em in to making mistakes or chase them down around a corner into a firing line

then we could have closer clan vs is 12 on 12 matches IMO - if this is done right

oh and the old predator vision used to have radar waves sweeping the ground every few seconds, make the enhanced imaging mode have a lot of this, so that clan mechs can navigate terrain easier than inner sphere mechs

so they do have a reason to use the mode even if nothing is targetted

#2 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:40 AM

just for my understanding, you want the paperdoll display removed from clan'mechs HUD and instead overlay it on the mech which is targeted (only for "predator" nightvision)
Would this "predator" vision replace night- or heatvision or both?

In short, no "paperdoll" unless you have line of sight? what about LRM support fire?
What about master/slave system?

Lorewise, not ever fight included zellbrigen.

As for ECM, I'd go as far as lower the ECM bubble for clanmechs to 30 meter.

Edited by LOADED, 21 September 2015 - 01:40 AM.

#3 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:44 AM

it would replace heat vision; it would be a more advanced heat vision for clanners - that also existed in lore.

we could show the textures more washed out like untextured polygons almost. and they would have an illumination comparable to night vision, no black hard to navigate background like inner sphere heat visions.

but at the same time it would also be more painful for clan mechs in a several mech hill humping firefight because it would be harder to see individual mechs.

================================================================

sure nerf ecm into the ground i don't care i think it is mostly a crutch. let's have missiles countered by ams and radar derp

no mech that isn't going in stealth missions needs ecm, and IMO we don't need huge bubbles of protection for a whole team like we used to have

ecm mechs would still be good for flanking, backstabbing, recon, aquiring locks and sniping

Edited by Mazzyplz, 21 September 2015 - 01:46 AM.

#4 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:02 AM

hows that even balancing stuff?

#5 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:33 AM

1st of all by making clan tech have a strength and a weakness, not just flat out better weapons.

second of all by making better weapons not a necessity so people don't cry but muh clan tech needz OP plz BUFF!
because they would have a reason to drive clan mechs already - different tech. enhanced imaging.

this way even if they do or dont have the better weapons, the dynamic is changed so that the usage of those weapons is not the same as inner sphere usage.

it's asymetrical balance

inner sphere would have more strong points after this>

they would be better at hill humping because clan players would have to either target, or just rely on "naked eye plain visuals"
otherwise it would be confusing for them.

inner sphere players could trick clanners into bad positions.

clanners would no longer have a definite sniping edge with their range, at least not when using advanced vision modes because their targetting would come into play

to actually see their target

on the other hand inner sphere would be stuck with black heat vision for navigation and blinding white night vision.
while clanners would have a neat radar assisted predator mode view of the map where they can move without fear of crashing, getting stuck in narrow places etc.

#6 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:37 AM

bringing in the lore would help silence those clan tech crybabies by hitting them right in the nostalgia/feels

this way they forget about their 'technically needs to be more powerful' hurrdurr
and be happy with their different, unique and fun tech.

this is the original suggestion thread it actually got some moderate support but i'd like to bring this to the forefront now

http://mwomercs.com/...lance-modifier/

just think of this, if you have an op vision mode like this but at the same time gives you a bit of tunnel vision, that does not only add to the fun and the lore aspect, but can even be used as a balance modifier and wouldn't it be cool to have like a robot vision like the terminator that tells you the enemy's weak spot? i'd give up a lot of firepower for that, and to be able to tell my team mates "ok team Engage enhanced imaging now!" like in the cartoon that would be awesome !
don't tell me mw2/battletechcartoon style enhanced imaging isn't a feature that has been sorely lacking from this game for the past 2 years, and that clan and IS mechs feel mostly the same, and that plain making weapons OP in one of the factions hasn't failed (it has) [and that the shader for predator mode is done and exists, just needs to be retooled possibly] - so i will present this idea instead -

give the clans enhanced imaging that will present a bit of tunnel vision (that can be overcome by teamwork) but superior capacity in 1v1. and let's use that to curb their weapons. and playstyles just a bit (can still use no vision modes at all) so that inner sphere has a couple more avenues of attack, and you keep all the flavor add some to good measure. just make enhanced imaging great at the radar swipe they had with predator mode so that you can exactly how the map geometry is laid out and make everything bright, but the enemy mechs should be also difficult to see like an opaque light blue building until you target them and they light up.

or maybe this tunnel vision would be too much of a nerf and we need to buff the clan weapons even more, now that would be interesting!!! this would be the best case scenario! wouldn't it?

Edited by Mazzyplz, 21 September 2015 - 06:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users