42 replies to this topic

#21 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:00 AM

No. Thanks.

I can understand the drive that some folks have to finish tournaments. This one was particularly hard since so much depended on the random number generator and whether it rolled the maps you needed (followed by you having to get the requisite score).

In my case, as a more casual player, I thought it looked cool to start with then I ran the numbers on how long it might take me to do ... which was much longer than I expected at first glance ( http://mwomercs.com/...to-complete-it/ ) ... so I didn't even start it.

If the tournament was designed with the score requirements but without the map requirement I might have tried it out ... as it is ... I suspect that lots of folks will feel pretty burned out trying to complete this one.

So ... NO ... please don't extend it. If anything, I think PGI should come up with a decent, fun tournament to apologize to the community for this terribly designed tournament concept.

Edited by Mawai, 21 September 2015 - 09:01 AM.

#22 GonaDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationThe biggest party you have ever seen

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:04 AM

Yes please!
*sarcasm off

#23 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:30 AM

Posted Image

#24 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:33 AM

Posted Image

#25 GernMiester

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:38 AM

No!

These event make the game SUCK and ruin what tiny little change there is of attracting new players.

#26 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,012 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:06 AM

This game is unplayable right now. I had several matches in a row where at least 3-5 mechs DCed. It is no fun. And what those egoist person forget is that they bar others from reaching their points. In my case: Finally Caustic came up after 1,5 days. And then we had 4 DCs in my team. We were rolled so fast..

So thank you, PGI; for this brilliant event design (<--bitter sarcasm)
And also thank you DCers for not only ruining normal matches but also preventing honest players from achieving their goal (in my case: I gave up on Tier 2 thanks to you - the Caustic incident above was the final straw). You are the icing on this steaming pile of sh** and whenever you feel the urge to complain about PGI again remeber one thing: you are in NO way better because you make bad things even worse.

#27 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:20 AM

Why would I ignore it if I don't agree with extending it?

Would be much nicer to have them finish it up and move on to the next event.

#28 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:25 AM

god no no no, this abortion should be stopped now, and forgotten about as a bad idea..

#29 SolarCleric

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:27 AM

I think we've seen a lot of "GOD NO" posts already..but I'll add one more. PLEASE don't extend this event! Don't "fix" anything. Just make it go away so we can play normal MM games again with full teams. No more disconnects, selfish play (well that will still exist), and less crazy Rambo players trying to max their scores. Make the suffering stop.

#30 Tahribator

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:32 AM

I don't see any situation that needs salvaging. I did it in two days with about 10 hours of gameplay. The challenge is demanding (and needs some luck) and does not need to be completed by everyone. It's a challenge and finally a solid one, with matching rewards.

Ultimately, it's F2P. You put in the time (and skills) required and acquire the goodies, or just buy them. You should have no problems getting the tier I rewards at the very least.

#31 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:34 AM

I dunno, if so many people are just disconnecting, and you play a light, run around behind the enemy and start popping off arms and legs before coring enemies. Makes for some good high-damage, high-scoring matches. It doesn't fit the game, but hey, you can't have everything.

#32 MechWarrior5152251

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:03 AM

One weekend is painful enough.

#33 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,012 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:04 AM

View PostTahribator, on 21 September 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

I don't see any situation that needs salvaging. I did it in two days with about 10 hours of gameplay. The challenge is demanding (and needs some luck) and does not need to be completed by everyone. It's a challenge and finally a solid one, with matching rewards.

Ultimately, it's F2P. You put in the time (and skills) required and acquire the goodies, or just buy them. You should have no problems getting the tier I rewards at the very least.

In my book a challenge is when it is based upon skill.

This however, degenerated into a ...
1. Hope that the right map pops up
2. Hope that neither you nor the opponent has too many DCers or you won't reach the score

#34 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:06 AM

Posted Image

#35 riverslq

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 443 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:49 AM

View PostTahribator, on 21 September 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

18 hours

we don't all get luck.

if it were a challenge in any other 'game', it'd be in vegas, like roulette wheels and slot machines.

Posted Image

#36 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:13 PM

No... Just NO

#37 Melon Lord

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:14 PM

I was going to respond with the words "god no", but the first reply did it much more eloquently.

In all honestly I was planning on some time with fun builds weekend until I realized there was a challenge going on. After grudgingly taking my Timber and Stormcrows out for 3 games, I had enough and have been playing TF2 all weekend.

Edited by Melon Lord, 21 September 2015 - 12:17 PM.

#38 seye

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:29 PM

Nope, it's encouraging incredibly bad play. End it tomorrow as planned

#39 Aiden Skye

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:44 PM

#40 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:29 PM

guys, we still miss one important no gif?!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users