Match Score Variable Suggestion

No replies to this topic

#1 Black Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 255 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:38 PM

I think it's fair to say that damage is the most dominant variable for your match score, and while other variables exist, it's hard if not impossible to see them in effect...

What I suggest is to change the way damage is calculated so that it will reflect skill instead of just how much firepower you can vomit on your opponent:

1 - Greatly reduce points scored based on flat damage dealt.
2 - Calculate the damage done to single component on the enemy mech compared to other components.
3 - If a mech is destroyed with relatively high health (the percentage of all the mech's components) the killer and asisting mechs recieve an accuracy/efficiency bonus.

This also works out for the 'Mech recieving damage:
Same as 2 and 3, if a pilot is able to spread the damage across the 'Mech he gets bonus points - This will also help Assaults and other class pilots who soak damage for their team, dying quickly but changing the outcome of the match by letting their team deliver the damage.

I think these suggestions are practical as they are easily calculated. They can be granted during the match if used in a formula that takes time into consideration e.g the damage recieved\delivered per time unit, calculated as mentioned above.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users