23 replies to this topic

#21 TheStrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 574 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:06 AM

I am glad for the change. It means that I will get Tier 1, as I only saw HPG twice in 6 days. Both of which my team got rolled and I only managed 297 points.

#22 Haralachan

• Pip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:19 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 22 September 2015 - 05:53 AM, said:

It happened this morning. The Devs changed it up to mollify the seething masses of mewling malcontents maligning the missing maps the malignant RNG system kept misappropriating.

Enjoy the spoils of your war, my friend.

Thank you, random letter-repeating moogle that hangs out outside my Mog House in FFXI.

#23 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:20 AM

Well perhaps its possible to program it so that the match maker looks at a given player and see what maps they have dropped on and then lower their chance to occur giving weight to those you need. Once you have dropped on ALL open maps reset the values and rinse and repeat......

Or as others have pointed out just avoid the whole RNG map screwage and use a global point system.

PGI did TRY something new. Perhaps it was not thought out but they get an A for trying something different.

#24 DemonRaziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 646 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:38 AM

View PostGreyNovember, on 22 September 2015 - 06:37 AM, said:

Guys?

How exactly would you make it so that RNG was not a factor at all, without letting players deselect maps?

Your best score on each map counts towards your overall score and your overall score will determine the reward.

Even if you don't get a map or two, or you fumble the match and can't get another chance, you can make up for it with exceptional scores on the other maps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users