#1 scgt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 291 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:32 AM

It's a joke! Caustic Causitc, desert, river, caustic, hpg, forest, river, caustic, etc etc. Come on really. "ROTATION" is the key word. There isn't much of it going on more like repeat. It's all I've been seeing all morning is people complaining about it playing all weekend and not getting that one map they need. I'm right there with them. When ever I do get the map I need the team I'm with are idiots and all get killed in the first two minutes leaving me to fend off 3/4 of the other team. **** at least have the maps in an actual rotation during events not just sporadic repeating!

Edited by scgt1, 22 September 2015 - 06:36 AM.

#2 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:36 AM

It's random. I have heard claims that it is a weighted random but I think those were in jest.

#3 scgt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 291 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:12 AM

View PostAnachronda, on 22 September 2015 - 07:36 AM, said:

It's random. I have heard claims that it is a weighted random but I think those were in jest.

Random with favoratism. I've been playing this morning for 3 and a half hours up until the end of the challenge and I haven't gotten crimson or mining collective. Didn't get either last night for about 4 hours either. Pretty lame. They should setup a different que for challenges and allow map selections so you can actually pic the maps you want to load if they can't make the randomness more random then 30 times at caustic in a 3.5hr period.

#4 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:39 AM

Just use total score instead of per map. Then missing one or two maps would not really matter.

#5 Tekamen

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCookie Gotham (East Coast USA)

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:31 AM

It would be better if it was 400 match score on any map and you have to achieve that score 10, 20, or 30 times for a particular tier reward. That way it doesn't matter what map you are on, every map is a chance to get your match points toward an event. This would limit disconnects, suicides, and poor sportsmanship during for both solo/group and CW queues.

Also, more time, 5-days just isn't enough time for a split solo/group queue and CW queue event. It ends up being more of a grind than a reward or enticement to keep playing the game. Make them one or two weeks long so that the “filthy” casuals have a chance to get their tier rewards too. Or just focus the events, either it's just a solo/group queue event or it's just a CW event.

We should probably have a monthly CW event regardless to encourage game play and it might encourage more players to play and perform well in CW if there was a 1 MC reward for every kill and a 1-5 MC reward for every victory achieved. It may not seem like much, but over time and lots of kills and victories both casual and hardcore players will be rewarded for their efforts for participating not only in the event but also in the various game modes MWO has to offer.

#6 xXzenosx

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:50 PM

Not guna lie this event pissed me off so hard... like i stayed up till 10 am this morning trying 2 get sulfuras rift... i never even saw the damn map on CW... and every match i played i made points... but i cant get the tier anything reward for that... because i never got the damn map... i spent most the weekend trying 2 get mining collective 2 appear... this even was **** design... i love events.... but this made me more pissed than happy... i shouldn't feel cheated because of an event...

#7 The Puggernaut 216

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:21 PM

I will chime in on this one because I similarly felt like I was wronged. I spent like 3 days playing 4 hours each day and didn't even see 2 of the maps on the list. I mean, I know it's random, but like... You have to figure I played something like 10 to 15 matches at a time if not more and I didn't even SEE two of the maps. That's not taking into account if I happen to get them and do good enough on them...

And you know what that system created? People going into matches, seeing it wasn't the map they needed, then going AFK and loading another match with another mech.

I was on a team in one game swear to God, 3 disco's on my side 4 on the red team... Saw this happen towards the end when folks realized they needed like 1 or 2 maps and weren't getting them fast enough. This created the shittiest experience since I started playing. I can deal with the fact people just built LRM or Streak boats but when you have mass abuse of the system where you're entering matches on average with 1-4 disco's a match it's kind of a bummer.

In short, the way the event worked made me actually STOP PLAYING THE GAME for TWO DAYS. I had spare time and I spent it playing Binding of Isaac. I would rather play as The Lost forever than two more days of that event.

There really is no safe way to 'fix' that either. The event rules just did not agree with existing mechanics. Far too much room for issues and far too many ways to abuse the system.

I will chime in on this one because I similarly felt like I was wronged. I spent like 3 days playing 4 hours each day and didn't even see 2 of the maps on the list. I mean, I know it's random, but like... You have to figure I played something like 10 to 15 matches at a time if not more and I didn't even SEE two of the maps. That's not taking into account if I happen to get them and do good enough on them...

And you know what that system created? People going into matches, seeing it wasn't the map they needed, then going AFK and loading another match with another mech.

I was on a team in one game swear to God, 3 disco's on my side 4 on the red team... Saw this happen towards the end when folks realized they needed like 1 or 2 maps and weren't getting them fast enough. This created the shittiest experience since I started playing. I can deal with the fact people just built LRM or Streak boats but when you have mass abuse of the system where you're entering matches on average with 1-4 disco's a match it's kind of a bummer.

In short, the way the event worked made me actually STOP PLAYING THE GAME for TWO DAYS. I had spare time and I spent it playing Binding of Isaac. I would rather play as The Lost forever than two more days of that event.

There really is no safe way to 'fix' that either. The event rules just did not agree with existing mechanics. Far too much room for issues and far too many ways to abuse the system.

#8 Tool Box

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 219 posts
  • LocationDealing with a lance of enemies by myself.

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:34 AM

It would have been nice if they had made a special matchmaking system for the event. While still doing the event you get a 11% chance to do each map until you finish a map by getting a match score of 300+ then you can't drop on that map anymore until you play the other maps and the chance to drop on each map goes up. Once done with the event this special scenario would cease and you could play all maps in the event again with equal % chance to drop on them so that people who want to pursue the leader board still can.

#9 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,626 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:53 PM

View Postscgt1, on 22 September 2015 - 06:32 AM, said:

It's a joke! Caustic Causitc, desert, river, caustic, hpg, forest, river, caustic, etc etc. Come on really. "ROTATION" is the key word. There isn't much of it going on more like repeat. It's all I've been seeing all morning is people complaining about it playing all weekend and not getting that one map they need. I'm right there with them. When ever I do get the map I need the team I'm with are idiots and all get killed in the first two minutes leaving me to fend off 3/4 of the other team. **** at least have the maps in an actual rotation during events not just sporadic repeating!

On top of that. No Frozen City or Terrible Therma aka Mordor. Seriously, those two maps should have been in the rotation as well. Just saying.

#10 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:44 PM

View PostHawk819, on 24 September 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

On top of that. No Frozen City or Terrible Therma aka Mordor. Seriously, those two maps should have been in the rotation as well. Just saying.

More maps in rotation would have made the Territorial Challenge event even harder to achieve. If you're doing a challenge like that (achieve minimum score on each separate map) you really have to cut down the number of active maps in the rotation to make it easier for the players who are just waiting for one or two maps in particular.

Otherwise it's disco city (like we got after they removed the DQ condition).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users