Seriously... I Gotta Ask

41 replies to this topic

#41 Victorion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:47 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 24 September 2015 - 01:11 AM, said:

Your team had six people, other than yourself, who were good enough to carry. The other team had a total of 3.

You got that score because you had a better team of people playing against bads. Can you put that score up consistently? Is that an average match?

A bad mech is, at best, situational. You can put up 500 damage in an Urbie (I've seen people do it) especially if you're with a good team.

Where it becomes relevant is in anything like an organized setting, especially in anything even remotely competitive - as in both teams going tryhard to win. In that context you see the difference in performance between T1 and T4, or even T2 and T3.

What you're describing is a daily commute to work. In that context, sure. The difference between a sedan and a Ferrari seems manageable. You'll have days where you beat the traffic and things play out in your favor.

Go to a race-track however and suddenly there is no competition. Go participate in a street race with two teams, with you taking a sedan. You being in that sedan will absolutely bone your team because it's just not anywhere up to snuff for actual competition compared to actual high performance vehicles.

Sigh, I knew your response was going to be little more then "well you were fighting bads, of course the BK can do well then!"

Yes, as I stated a few times now, that's a relatively avg match for me, +/- 50-100 damage. The only times I do less then 450~ damage and a kill or two is when I do something really dumb like blunder out int front of 3-4 other mechs and get burned down quickly. I also seem to destroy a lot of components during my matches, as all of my damage is pin point. This is probably why I don't clear 600 very often, because if someone is letting me apply my damage to them regularly, they usually can't take more then 2-3 50+ point alphas.

By my observations, these TBR pilots we're not awful. They knew how to twist with JJ to spread damage fairly competently, they we're simply on Viridian Bog where the geometry of the TBR (imo) is inferior to the geometry and hardpoints of the BK (once again, imo) and got ambushed one two many times by our heavy laser alphas. I was able to reliably peak on them, hitting CT, without mine getting damaged a lot of the time due to the responsiveness of a BK with an XL350.

I only play pub queues. I do not play CW, I do not play any form of organized team comp's in this game.

Therefor your theories (which are probably true) on how the BK would perform there are literally meaningless to me.

I'm a tier 3 public match player. I'm your baseline average player who makes up the majority of the players who play this game, and in that scenario, in that tiering, the BK is honestly just the mech I was looking for: Fast, heavily armed (and come Oct. 6th) with some decent hitboxes.

Edit: Here are my last three games in the 6b 2x LPL, 6x MPL, 1x ML, XL350, 22 DHS build I use.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see, BK's aren't doing bad at all in my matches. In fact, they are regularly contributing more damage then some commonly seen assaults. This is due in part, in my humble opinion, due to the combination of an 80+ kph moving mech (when elited) with a 60+ alpha means out of no where, 2-3 BK's can crest a hill waaaay before the Assault lance hits the party.

Interestingly enough, this seems to take a lot of teams by surprise. In that HPG match in particular, I took the top very quickly with another BK and with the help of a raven, held back a push of a couple TBR's without receiving much return fire. This allowed a Banshee to take the top, and the game, well, it turned into a route pretty quick after that because we killed everyone trying to push up the ramps systematically.

We almost almost had a wipe, but one of our BK's had tanked a lot of damage and fell maybe 30 seconds before the match ended.

Interestingly, in these games while I've usually been in the top 3 ish for damage, due to my playstyle of being the spear head, I'm usually applying damage to fresh targets, therefor other people usually end up taking the kills. This actually ended up in me getting my Bridesmaid title last match lol

Edited by Victorion, 24 September 2015 - 09:38 AM.

#42 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:18 PM

NVM, Im not allowed to ask questions like this anymore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users