Creative Cammo Overhaul

No replies to this topic

#1 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:40 AM

I don't know if this has been previously suggested or not, but here it goes:

So, I was thinking that the way cammo works in MWO is rudimentary at best..

There is very little space for creativity and making your mech truly unique among all the other mechs out there.. not to mention that cammo and paint are truly expensive..

So here's my idea:

Split the cammo's up into paint and cammo elements.. using the cammo system like the one in the newer Need For Speed games.. (Most Wanted, Carbon, Shift and the like)

This system uses base paint, and vinils or "cammo" that goes over it, and can be moved, stretched, enlarged, rotated, colored (in stages, depending on the cammo itself), skewed, flipped, mirrored, shrinked and such, all across the mech surfaces, non-dependant on what part of the mech.

The cammo itself is made up of base elements, such as lines, stars, circles, sculls, flames, tribals, and all bunch of such graphic elements.

The player can then stack these, modify and color them, as he chooses.

This makes for some truly interesting and unique combinations.

So a player coud take, saaaay, an Atlas, paint it all Black, then color the head red. Then spend 500 MC, buy a stripe pack cammo, which would get him say, 20 different stripe elements.. so he could take one of those, and place them over the central torso.. then expand it to cover the whole torso, and color that red too. Then take a stripe with two paralel lines, place them over the first big stripe, color them black, and get a nice Black-and-red Atlas..

My suggestion would then be to make the base paints purchasable for cbills, and the cammo for MC..

Also, make shure that ALL mechs in the game have a BASE CAMMO.. so that paint-only options still exist..

Right now, you can color a whole IS mech in a base paint, but a CLAN mech only gets a few stripes of base color.. that is totally unfair.

I know implementing this system would be a lot of work, so I understand if it gets pushed back a bit.. but keep it on the back burner for after more important things are done..

Or if you have the time.. do it now..

You know.. whatever...

Please? :P :wub: :rolleyes:

Edited by Vellron2005, 23 September 2015 - 04:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users