NetBattleTech.com MPx League

13 replies to this topic

#1 BAZZ BASHEM

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSydney.Australia.

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:56 AM

Greetings mech warriors,the NBT is about to start a mw4 mercs MekPak league.
The NetBattleTech mw4 MekPak League is going through the unit start up process.If any individuals or units are interested in playing in a puretech,roleplay and planetary league set in the battletech timeline post 3052,join us at http://www.netbattle....com/hpguplink/
Here is the list of factions currently available::

Inner Sphere
Federated Commonwealth *(HC CSJ)
Draconis Combine *(HC DC)
Comstar (Minnesota Tribe was part of Comstar in this timeline) *(HC SLDF)
Free Rasalhague Republic
Free Worlds League (HC BT)
Capellan Confederation
St. Ives Compact

Mercenaries
Kell Hounds
Wolf's Dragoons (Fox and Co.)
Gray Death Legion
The Twelfth Star Guards
The Black Omen
Eridani Light Horse (MWL DSA)
Northwind Highlanders

Clans
Clan Wolf (HC Clan Coyote)
Clan Jade Falcon (NBT Mercs CSR)
Clan Ghost Bear *(HC CGB)
Clan Smoke Jaguar (HC Kell Hounds)
Clan Steel Viper (HC OA/CF)
Clan Nova Cat
Clan Diamond Shark

Also, don't forget to join us on Facebook to get updates as we progress. This is particularly useful for those that have gotten out of the habit of checking the forums.http://www.facebook....19799478?v=wall

#2 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

Bazz NBT was fun and could be fun again but not on the mektek servers with the same old crowd of players you should have moved it over to GameRanger where you might have had a chance to recruit new players even it it was a Mechwarrior4mercenaries pr0 league.The mektek version has more mech options but most will not download it and install it with all the MTX problems.If they would have made it a simple Mekpack.exe file to extract the game&mod it would have been better and there brilliant idea on putting .net and a - dash in the folder names was beyond stupid so it could not be played on a game service without renaming the folders.tell them redo the install path to C:\mektek or C: or other drive \programfiles\mektek with the folders inside so gameranger and other gaming services can use it NBT might make a revival.Just my opinion. :)

#3 BAZZ BASHEM

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:38 PM

G'day KingCobra,NetBattleTech.com runs it's own dedicated league servers.There has been quite alot of interest,from a surprising number of new recruits,we have teams from MWL taking slots at NBT as well as returning veterans looking for old team mates.The NBT league's automation,that controls the infrastructure has been tweaked for MekTek's free release of mw4 mercs, mechpaks included,current version known as MP 3.1.The mechs available have been issued to the active units,going as close as possible to CBT canon.The fanon mechs were used to fill holes left by missing canon chassis.There will be a new mappak CD once the beta testing is completed.
I keep hearing that some folks run into problems using MekTek's MTX torrent.There's plenty of tech support for those who ask.
I've never been to GameRanger,and don't know what type of game play they offer,so I'll not comment on them.
If any individuals or units are interested in playing in a puretech,roleplay and planetary league set in the battletech timeline post 3052,join us at http://www.netbattle....com/hpguplink/

#4 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

Yes but in truth its the same old 100 players or so that have been on the mektek servers for 2-5 years the numbers show a huge decline in PC players on the mektek servers not a resurgence.So with that said come over to gameranger and try it out you might find a few thousand new players over here.There are about 100,000 players on gameranger in a month so recruiting would be in NBT'S best interest.Tech support for the mektek mod most likly will never be used without massive PR work.Good luck and god speed.

P.S here is how to set it up for gameranger

dont know if all of the people on this forum know where to play there old Mech type games but here it is
www.gameranger.com it is a simple version of the old MSN gamming zone.You can play MechCommander,MechCommander2,Mechwarrior3,Mechwarrior3 PiratesMoon,Mechwarrior4Vengeance,Mechwarrior4BlackKnight,Mechwarrior4Mercinaries,
Mechwarrior4MercinariesPR1,and the Mechwarrior4Mercenaries Free Mektek version also.

Here are the instructions to get the Mektek Free version to work on GameRanger

First go to gameranger.com download client and make account.The activation email will sometimes come in a junk folder.Activate your account and startup gameranger.
Visit www.mektek.net and download a free copy of Mechwarrior Mercinaries through the MTX or torrunt programs update it to version 3.1/30a-30c
Next go to your hardrive where your free copy of the Mektek mercinaries is installed(C:D:ECT\programfiles\mektek.net folder).
Next rename the folder(mektek.net)folder to (Mektek) delete the (.net).
Next go inside the newly renamed (mektek) folder and find the folder(Mercenaries-Mektek Mekpack)
Next rename the folder (Mercenaries-Mektek Mekpack) to (MercenariesMektek)all one word then go back to GameRanger on the gameranger bronze page go to edit then options find the game Mechwarrior Mercinaries on the games tab highlight it on list then hit the brows tab to open it point your link to your new C:\program files\mektek\MercinariesMektek\MW4mercs.exe
thats it now you can play on gameranger.

Like i said if Mektek would pull there head out on the folder BS(.net -) gameranger would auto set your game to the folders without renaming them.IE (C:\mektek\mercinariesmekpack\MW4mercs.exe)

Edited by KingCobra, 04 December 2011 - 01:54 PM.

#5 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:27 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 04 December 2011 - 01:20 PM, said:

Gameranger & stuff

I don't see why there was a need to hijack this thread KingCobra? Seems pretty out of order to me. Sure MTX sucks, but why the need for such an aggressive and impolite cut in which takes this way off topic? It's up to NBT what service they use, and if you want to discuss that with NBT you should contact their Admin team privately. Bashing MekTek, NBT, then posting a big fat plug for gameranger in this NBT league thread is just bellow the belt.

Edited by John Clavell, 04 December 2011 - 02:30 PM.

#6 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:26 PM

Sounds fair enough john good luck to NBT.

#7 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:57 PM

I rather like GameRanger. Couldn't connect to any the MekTek hosted servers despite port forwarding etc. Used the GameRanger method and everything worked just fine. And yes, in a way, it replicates the old Zone experience. GameRanger FTW.

#8 Sirius

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:10 AM

100,000 players, about 50 of whom even play MW4 on a regular basis, no doubt.

Edited by Sirius, 05 December 2011 - 10:10 AM.

#9 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

Sirius the point was i would rather have 100,000 players a month to try and recruit to play Mechwarrior mektek and NBT than 100 of so left to save NBT from a downward spiral to death of the league. NBT &MWL are fine leagues but if there is no one left to play them then?????????? you figure it out . :P i was not barbing NBT john but Mektek needs to have there heads rewired.

#10 BAZZ BASHEM

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

So KingCobra,what's your point ? Are you suggesting that the NBT community should drop our current 8 month project,just as it nears league start up and move to GameRanger,in the hope of picking up some noob recruits.When was the last time you looked on the MekTek server browser ? Are you just trying goad the loyal MekTek and NBT communities ? If your selling something ,your a poor salesman :P I've never like the foot in the door approach,and it'll not work here.
NetBattleTech .com's MPx league is a puretech,planetary and resource league.The NBT has it's own servers for the league drops,running on MekTeks MP3.1,it's free to join and free to play.The public mission play server "NBT Sunder" is having a map revamp and will be back online asap.

#11 AC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:30 PM

Wow, this thread took an unfortunate turn :P

#12 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:22 AM

Agreed AC. Please stay on topic (that means the OPs topic) and keep it friendly folks. :P

#13 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:45 PM

Bazz i would like to apologise for the plug into your thread hopfully we can build the gameranger community and bring a few pilots your way to help keep NBT alive and thriving best dang planetary i ever played and thats including BTU. ;)

#14 BAZZ BASHEM

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:02 PM

Thank you for the consideration KingCobra,and for taking time to post an apology.I will accept it on the behalf of the NBT community.
KingCobra,assemble team GameRanger and join us in the NBT MPx League,while we wait with anticipation as MWO evolves.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users