6 replies to this topic

#1 Slow and Decrepit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 525 posts
  • LocationBelen, the Mosquito Capital of NM

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:45 PM

While I realize everyone has to start somewhere, I would rather that the new players start at the bottom. I'm not happy about getting stuck with new players. This gives me pause to play as I will be in my tier for quite a while. I keep getting teams that are bad, and one person can only do so much. More new(bad)players=more bad matches=more of the same! This is very unfair for the older players. I don't feel like breaking in new players every freaking match! I don't think much thought was put into this new tiered system........

#2 SmugglesEB

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:23 AM

Speak for yourself; I've only got about 750 matches and I'm Tier 3. This is including the massive nugget learning curve with crap trial mechs. It does help that I decided to tough it out a little longer with the trial mechs until I could afford a TBR.

#3 An Atlas

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:25 AM

View Postbeleneagle, on 23 September 2015 - 04:45 PM, said:

While I realize everyone has to start somewhere, I would rather that the new players start at the bottom. I'm not happy about getting stuck with new players. This gives me pause to play as I will be in my tier for quite a while. I keep getting teams that are bad, and one person can only do so much. More new(bad)players=more bad matches=more of the same! This is very unfair for the older players. I don't feel like breaking in new players every freaking match! I don't think much thought was put into this new tiered system........

I moved out of T4 in like....10 games

Now to be fair, I made this account just to see if the Tier system was working and to see if T4 was actually full of worse players than T1..

It most definately is.

Edited by MechWarrior1086091, 25 September 2015 - 10:26 AM.

#4 Death Proof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 546 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:27 AM

I agree; New players should start at T5.

If you're a skilled/experienced player you'll be bumped up to T4 in short order.

#5 TamCoan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:28 AM

Stop worrying about tiers and just play. Even at T1 you will be playing the the bulk of the player base. If you don't want to play with new people, play a full group. PUG queue is a gamble no matter your tier.

#6 Death Proof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 546 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:28 AM

View PostMechWarrior1086091, on 25 September 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

I moved out of T4 in like....10 games

Now to be fair, I made this account just to see if the Tier system was working and to see if T4 was actually full of worse players than T1..

It most definately is.

Paul mentioned that cadets get a multiplier to the amount they advance. That wears off after your first 25 matches or so.

#7 An Atlas

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:34 AM

View PostDeath Proof, on 25 September 2015 - 10:28 AM, said:

Paul mentioned that cadets get a multiplier to the amount they advance. That wears off after your first 25 matches or so.

The point still stands.... even if I had to play 200 games to get out...or 2000.

It wouldn't be hard.... you have TRY to not get out of T4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users