44 replies to this topic

#1 Slow and Decrepit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 525 posts
  • LocationBelen, the Mosquito Capital of NM

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:46 PM

While I realize everyone has to start somewhere, I would rather that the new players start at the bottom. I'm not happy about getting stuck with new players. This gives me pause to play as I will be in my tier for quite a while. I keep getting teams that are bad, and one person can only do so much. More new(bad)players=more bad matches=more of the same! This is very unfair for the older players. I don't feel like breaking in new players every freaking match! I don't think much thought was put into this new tiered system........

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:05 PM

League of Legends have similar system where fresh level 30s start in Silver ranking, instead of the worst one--the Bronze rank. So far it is working well. I thus see no issue with putting the newbies into T4.
If you are in T4 and keep blaming your team for the loss, then I will tell you to carry harder. Cause that's what I did--after 6 months of 0.25 WLR, and that's why I am not in T4 anymore.

Edited by El Bandito, 23 September 2015 - 05:07 PM.

#3 Cerberias

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 228 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:08 PM

Here's an idea. Improve your gameplay.

#4 Jin Ma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:12 PM

New players should start Tier 5. IDK why they should start with players that have played this game for years

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 September 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

League of Legends have similar system where fresh level 30s start in Silver ranking, instead of the worst one--the Bronze rank. So far it is working well. I thus see no issue with putting the newbies into T4.
If you are in T4 and keep blaming your team for the loss, then I will tell you to carry harder. Cause that's what I did--after 6 months of 0.25 WLR, and that's why I am not in T4 anymore.

i'm pretty sure new players don't get into silver rank. Ranked play is seasonal, you start based on how well you place in the qualifying matches.

Plus rank has nothing to do with public MM in league of legends. They use a hidden ELO system for public games.

Edited by Jin Ma, 23 September 2015 - 05:13 PM.

#5 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:18 PM

View PostCerberias, on 23 September 2015 - 05:08 PM, said:

I don't think you read the opening post.

#6 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:23 PM

You can only carry so hard when 4-6 of your teammates can't even put up 100 damage, doubly sad when they can't get there with an assault mech.

So basically I'm stuck playing with people that can't even find the trigger unless I want to find a new group to play with (mines on later than me with my new job) or I play only top tier mechs and score 700+ damage a match for god knows how many matches in a row.

#7 Slow and Decrepit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 525 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:29 PM

Nobody ever bothers to read my signature. You are telling a person that has been on chemo for 15 years, fighting cancer for 17, gone though 2 cell transplants and is on chemo presently(All of this affects my nervous system) to get better! You are a funny guy!

View Postsycocys, on 23 September 2015 - 05:23 PM, said:

You can only carry so hard when 4-6 of your teammates can't even put up 100 damage, doubly sad when they can't get there with an assault mech.

So basically I'm stuck playing with people that can't even find the trigger unless I want to find a new group to play with (mines on later than me with my new job) or I play only top tier mechs and score 700+ damage a match for god knows how many matches in a row.

That's exactly what I'm saying!

#8 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:30 PM

Invalid response: Who da'hell want's to face Teh Meta Lords?

#9 SolarCleric

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:37 PM

I've been playing for a little over a year now. I enjoy the game, and it took me a good 8 months or so to really "get it", and I still have a lot to learn. Having said that; I was also really disappointed to be lopped into the "noob pit". I thought I would at least merit T3 after toiling away for a year. Now that I know how truly bad I suck, I'm seriously considering quitting and trying something else.

The teams are so green in T4 that I really am not good enough (or dont feel good enough at this point) to be able to carry the load and get out of this pit. Now that all the good players are gone on to higher quality matches in T3+....I sincerely appreciate and miss the better organized, better aiming, better at everything players that used to grace the field with me.

On a side note: I'm not sure how well it helps new players by lumping them in with bad players like me. How am I supposed to show them the ropes and teach them the tricks of the trade...when I obviously rank at the same level after a YEAR of playing.

What do you think guys...is it time to do the honorable Kurita way; and fall on my sword?

#10 Felbombling

• 2,976 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:42 PM

You have to figure that the players on the other team are in the exact same boat, dealing with the exact same issues. Just embrace the horror, man. I'm tier 4 on the brink of tier 3, and I have a W/L of 50-50. It all works out in the wash if you're doing your best... stomps for and against... close ones for and against.

#11 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:42 PM

Almost every single match I've had since the last 2 days of the last event have been flat out stomps, nothing even remotely competitive in any shape or form. One team ends up with a full team of competent pilots and the other team ends up half full of people that couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

Whatever is going on there simply is not working. Not working for the players that are good enough to get out of the lower tiers on their own, and definitely not working for the guys that still have no concept of how to play. It's making absolute sh*t match after sh*t match with no end in sight.

If the only way to get out of this terrible matching is to play whatever handful of top tier mechs over and over for hundreds of matches it's just not acceptable. Individual performance needs to be judged separately from the other 11 players on a team so people end up in the tiers appropriate for them and don't get locked or dragged down because MM keeps giving them the short end of the stick saying "Here carry these 6 players that by some miracle passed the tutorial."

Edited by sycocys, 23 September 2015 - 06:42 PM.

#12 Flaming oblivion

• The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:48 PM

I don't know if their stuck forever , If your teams terrible the other team should be as bad right?

Chance of progression , Thing is knowing pgi , We will get teams with 10 members of tier 6 and 2 of high end tier one , Vs 12 members of tier 3 .

Edited by Flaming oblivion, 23 September 2015 - 06:48 PM.

#13 Slow and Decrepit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 525 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:02 PM

View PostFlaming oblivion, on 23 September 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

I don't know if their stuck forever , If your teams terrible the other team should be as bad right?

Chance of progression , Thing is knowing pgi , We will get teams with 10 members of tier 6 and 2 of high end tier one , Vs 12 members of tier 3 .

No that's wishful thinking. Most matches are stomps, and not in my favor either. :(

#14 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:03 PM

No, if your team has t4 players their team has t4 players - there's no balance between someone in t4 that has a clue and someone that is just starting, none at all.

And there's no discerning in the MM between the two so very often one team gets players that actually have a clue and the other team gets the guys that can't find their LMB.

If you have bad luck with the rng of the MM it's very possible like I've seen personally to draw 4+ players that can't break 100 damage even in assaults for many matches in a row. So unless you are keen on running the same top tier mechs over and over and over again so you can net 700+ damage a match you'll only keep getting dragged down further despite your level of play.

#15 Cerberias

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 228 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:05 PM

The difference between T1 and T4.

T1 brings good mechs, and can aim better. That is all. They still use the same idiotic strategies, they still rush and leave team-mates behind. It's exactly the same game except everyone's running a good mech and can aim their weapons. It's absolutely pathetic.

#16 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:07 PM

View Postbeleneagle, on 23 September 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

While I realize everyone has to start somewhere, I would rather that the new players start at the bottom. I'm not happy about getting stuck with new players. This gives me pause to play as I will be in my tier for quite a while. I keep getting teams that are bad, and one person can only do so much. More new(bad)players=more bad matches=more of the same! This is very unfair for the older players. I don't feel like breaking in new players every freaking match! I don't think much thought was put into this new tiered system........

Listen to me bro. If you think the tier's mean anything in this game you are wrong. Its not going to get you better matches the higher you are. Your still going to be stuck with noobs/drunks/bad teams, even if your tier 1 in the solo que. Trust me, I have been playing for a long time.

You wanna get to tier 1? Easy. Go join up with people/a unit that has a clue and go kill stuff in group/CW. Youll get there in no time. Solo que is actually hard mode in this game, people just dont realize it.

Edited by Alwrath, 23 September 2015 - 07:10 PM.

#17 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:10 PM

View PostSolarCleric, on 23 September 2015 - 05:37 PM, said:

Now that I know how truly bad I suck, I'm seriously considering quitting and trying something else.

So, ignorance is bliss? I don't understand this logic. If you were enjoying the game before, then there's no reason not to enjoy it now.

Each team should have roughly the same skill levels. If you can't consistently beat players at your level, why would you want to play at higher tiers?

#18 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:35 PM

Get on comms and take command. I am going to do that everytime Mordor comes up because new players always run into the chokepoints or chase and make the match a waste of time.

#19 Brollocks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 153 posts
  • LocationStomping Mechticles

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:47 PM

I'm a new player of 2 months and I'm 10% away from tier 2. Don't play Clan meta 'mechs either. Battlemaster mostly.

#20 Bloody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 569 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:50 PM

you s0n need to go back to school to learn comprehension and reading .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users