Earnings From The Academy

24 replies to this topic

#21 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:59 AM

We seriously considered adding achievements and awards for the Academy challenges.

Awards are problematic because the Academy runs client-side only and would be easily hacked, and that extends somewhat to the achievements as well.

So I decided that the Academy would be geared more towards intrinsic rather than extrinsic rewards - training and practice rather than anything else. Two new challenges are in the pipeline: "The Shooting Gallery" and "Onslaught", that I hope will provide something even for experienced players

#22 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:33 PM

View PostDave Forsey, on 24 September 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

For now, no achievements or c-bill awards from Academy Challenges - it's for training and intrinsic, rather than extrinsic, rewards

Would be interesting to make it like War Thunder, make a few more limited one time earnings including maybe enough MC for a mech bay or a color or camo.

Edited by Jetfire, 06 November 2015 - 01:34 PM.

#23 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:51 AM

View PostDave Forsey, on 06 November 2015 - 10:59 AM, said:

We seriously considered adding achievements and awards for the Academy challenges.

Awards are problematic because the Academy runs client-side only and would be easily hacked, and that extends somewhat to the achievements as well.

So I decided that the Academy would be geared more towards intrinsic rather than extrinsic rewards - training and practice rather than anything else. Two new challenges are in the pipeline: "The Shooting Gallery" and "Onslaught", that I hope will provide something even for experienced players

One route could be to keep the overall level of reward similar, but spread it out to multiple challenges. Also, I don't think a title or two from mastering certain challenges would be gamebreaking if someone took the trouble of attaining them without really earning them. One example would be someone who felt the need to game the Gauntlet to obtain an achieve. I could totally tell when spectating or combatting them whether they've earned the torso twisting title :)

#24 T B1zzle

• PipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 28 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:25 AM

View PostDave Forsey, on 24 September 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

For now, no achievements or c-bill awards from Academy Challenges - it's for training and intrinsic, rather than extrinsic, rewards

People before earned 5m off the academy and now I have wasted my time just to figure out you no longer offer it ? So I only get the lousey 1.5m from the run ? I don't see how thats fair.

Edited by T B1zzle, 09 May 2016 - 01:26 AM.

#25 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:06 AM

You should still get the 5 million for completing basic training, but there has, to the best of my knowledge, never been any reward for anything other than completing the basic training.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users