#121 Void2258

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 500 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:42 PM

View PostIntactus, on 25 September 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

View PostVoid2258, on 25 September 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

If you want to base a contest on match score how about making it so I can't come out a match victorious, not dead, with 4 kills and 11 assists and 400+ damage and with 8 teammates alive and still not get a match score greater than 300. Based on that I apparently need to score at least 6 kills or have more than 800 damage in order to break your threshold.

I dont get these posts. And that's coming from a total rookie. See this:

Posted Image

There you have 312 points with one kill, 10 assists and 359 damage. That's all it takes if you at least pretend doing some teamwork in between targets.

Now see one above: Same kill and assists, adding that 800ish dmg you mentioned. That's already whopping 500 points.

Now again see one above: same 800ish dmg, got NINE kills but only 3 assists. Equals almost the same as just one kill and 10 assists.

So what does this mean?

It mean's your doing it wrong.

It means it's a team game. Playing the way that benefits your team and helping your buddies win gets you better results easier than being a selfish bastid and trashing around trying to inflate your own purse.

The points themselves are easy. Playing smart and being an actual asset for your team. Making a difference. Now that's hard. Really hard. Or at least that's what i have concluded so far in my two months of stompy robots...

And by the way, It's a videogame. You are supposed to have fun playing it.

Except I generally play as a team. I picked that specific example that had a large number of kills so I could point out the incongruity, but that wasn't from me hogging, it was incidental. I am in fact generally the biggest into team coordination and tactics of anyone in my matches. My point was that I got those stats above (8 other people on my team were alive and we had a decent spread of damage and kills so you know we weren't playing stupidly) and for some reason I didn't get over 300. You have something similar and do. So that means there are some invisible and unexplained factors that give you your score and me mine, and that is the frustrating thing: I am not playing badly or selfishly, but yet the game never seems to give me a good score no matter what.

Edited by Void2258, 25 September 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#122 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:43 PM

I always aim CT for the quickest kill, but it seems that is actually hurting me in this event. More points go to those who take off limbs?

#123 Void2258

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 500 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 25 September 2015 - 05:43 PM, said:

I always aim CT for the quickest kill, but it seems that is actually hurting me in this event. More points go to those who take off limbs?

This right here is part of what I am complaining about. You should be rewarded for playing well, but from what we know about the match score algorithm, getting kills quickly and efficiently, with skill and with teammate assistance, actually hurts you because you have lower damage dealt. So in order to have good match score you actually want to play as poorly as possible without losing or dying so you can have the highest damage dealt possible.

Edited by Void2258, 25 September 2015 - 05:48 PM.

#124 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:48 PM

I like this event, ill be able skip it while still playing the game. Very low and lousy rewards have their positive sides lol.

#125 Tahawus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:15 PM

View PostVoid2258, on 25 September 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

If you want to base a contest on match score how about making it so I can't come out a match victorious, not dead, with 4 kills and 11 assists and 400+ damage and with 8 teammates alive and still not get a match score greater than 300. Based on that I apparently need to score at least 6 kills or have more than 800 damage in order to break your threshold.

I'm assuming this was in CW? If not, I call shenanigans.

#126 SolCrusher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 622 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:37 PM

Could you add Origins Owners to this list?

#127 M A S E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:43 PM

This contest is obviously designed for new/ non-invested players. See yall next weekend.

#128 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:44 PM

View Postchewie, on 24 September 2015 - 10:56 PM, said:

Did you not learn from the last event.

How many posts of people complaining will it take this time.

In pugs, you have 1 mech to get the 300 score.

In CW you have 4 to get 200.

The last event was rigged for groups to cheat by playing against teams they know and agree to let them win then return the favour.

For crying out loud, this will be exactly the same....

At least make it 200 for pug and 300 for CW please.

Perhaps it's just that I'm playing unelited Maulers, but I've got like 2 matches over 300 so far. It's sad really. When it was 30 points at least that was possible even with an ok match.

#129 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:05 PM

guys plz stop whining. Last tournament was crap due to rng. this one isnt.

300 isnt that hard to get either. just dont try to hard. see it as a small reward for having a better than avarage match.
got over 500 in a crappy build catapult while i didnt know this tournament was even on.

just play your normal game.
be glad we now get a c-bill income that comes close to open beta c-bill rate

if you cant handle the tournaments just dont check that forum section. just play normaly and get suprised when you get something extra.

Edited by mark v92, 25 September 2015 - 07:06 PM.

#130 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:23 PM

View Postmark v92, on 25 September 2015 - 07:05 PM, said:

guys plz stop whining. Last tournament was crap due to rng. this one isnt.

300 isnt that hard to get either. just dont try to hard. see it as a small reward for having a better than avarage match.
got over 500 in a crappy build catapult while i didnt know this tournament was even on.

just play your normal game.
be glad we now get a c-bill income that comes close to open beta c-bill rate

if you cant handle the tournaments just dont check that forum section. just play normaly and get suprised when you get something extra.

I have been playing my normal game. I've been having crap luck and winding up with most matches in the 250-<300 range.Every now and then things will go right and I'll have a 500 point match, but mostly, nadda.

#131 Dakkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:58 PM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 25 September 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

200 requirement in standard queue would be a joke. Might as well be a participation ribbon at that point. Once again, spoken as a tier 3 player who played almost all of the most recent event in a Raven, Thunderbolt or Executioner without any difficulty (aside from the map selector never giving me Mining Facility). Brawling around in my Shadow Cat for funsies at times last weekend still yielded plenty of 300+ games without trouble, and that thing is pretty far from a tryhard meta mech.

Well isn't that nice for you, Mr. I-Obliterate-Everything. Problem is, not everyone can do amazingly in every mech, hence more average players leaning on the crutch of sniping LRM meta mechs only and sending their team to die.

And on the note of 300 match score, have you seen the reward for doing so? A measly 50k c-bills. Changing the requirement to 200 match score would not turn it into a "Participation Ribbon" as the reward for playing well already IS a "Participation Ribbon"

#132 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:15 PM

With the New Black Knight (No Chance to leveling a New Mech)
1 Game: I`m the score leader in my Team (lost the Game 1:12) with 208 Pkt and 365 Dmg)...the others from my Team -1Mate by 208 Dmg , others 34 to 250

2 Game: 108 Dmg by myself ,won the game by my team with BaseCap after 4 Minutes

3 Game:Im lost the connect to MWO, by Rejoin after 2 Minutes dead by 2 Lights of Mining-Highscore of my Team 235 Pkt by one , 2 Member up to 150, the others 10-70, Gametime 4 Minutes

4 Game: I`m 345 Dmg + 1Kill (254 Pkt) Team Highscore by one=500 Pkt all others up to 200 Pkt (lost the game 6:12)

5 Game:150 Pkt by myself of Forrest, Teamhighscore by one 700 Pkt from one -TJ-Lance, one other Team Lance Score 5-34 Pkt (Lost the game 2:12)

6 Game: HPG -the First Lance run alone to the Enemy Drop an fail , by my lance 2x Stock Urban Mech an one Disconnect ..my High Score 108 Pkt

Good Bye PGI for this Eventtime, I`m having not some time for MWO as a 50 Years old Worker, only 2-4 Hours in the Week, only Weekend more time to play, this Eventtime make no Fun

Edited by CSJ Ranger, 25 September 2015 - 11:36 PM.

#133 Tsuki Ookami vas Mugunghwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:19 AM

this event is so punishing for lights. (and maybe smaller mediums).

i have to nearly overdo my whole playstyle.

as in:
- avoid killing blows.
- try to get 12 assists. which forces to change my setup to something with ERLL. can't tap the whole team with small pulses.
- clip off all components, no matter how irrelevant. like the little wings on cicadas. aiming on torso just makes enemy die faster and gives me less time to shoot at arms and legs.

pls, for the love of god, give lights a matchscore multiplier. it doesn't even have to affect XP/CBill gain. with only a 10% multiplier i would get 5 times more qualified matches than now.

#134 D Heth

• Pip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:20 AM

Just want to point out that these last two events are structured completely opposite from how they should be for minimal player frustration. :)

The event that gives the player of modicum of control where they participate (choosing weight classes) should be the event with tiered level of prizes. :D

The event with zero control (random maps drops) should have been the one giving awards on a per game played basis. B)

#135 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:00 AM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 25 September 2015 - 07:23 PM, said:

I have been playing my normal game. I've been having crap luck and winding up with most matches in the 250-<300 range.Every now and then things will go right and I'll have a 500 point match, but mostly, nadda.

good. that means you will now get a bonus for that match. thats it.

pgi isnt forcing everybody to do all the matches +300.
see it as them giving you a bonus when you have a nice match

People are thinking all wrong about this.
You dont need to earn all of the 4 million. that is the max
if you plan to get the full 4 million you will get frusterated.
just dont. just play. be happy when you get a small bonus.

Edited by mark v92, 26 September 2015 - 05:04 AM.

#136 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:13 AM

to Devil with the Prices and Cbills and MC , I`m will good Teamplay, good Games and leveling my new Mechs ...with this Event all from this is a fail

#137 BlaineCraner

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:21 AM

View Postmark v92, on 26 September 2015 - 05:00 AM, said:

pgi isnt forcing everybody to do all the matches +300.
see it as them giving you a bonus when you have a nice match

See, that's a wrong mentality. Events shouldn't be optional because you're not good enough in playing a video games. Events should be optional because you are not interested in a certain new activity it introduces.

#138 Eric Generic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:38 AM

If we'd had this event a week ago, I imagine it'd be easy. Can't help but notice that after the patch, my scores are lower even though I'm performing about the same. 300-400 point matches weren't difficult at all. Now, even when we're plowing through the other team, I'm getting under 300 every time.

#139 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:45 AM

View PostBlaineCraner, on 26 September 2015 - 05:21 AM, said:

See, that's a wrong mentality. Events shouldn't be optional because you're not good enough in playing a video games. Events should be optional because you are not interested in a certain new activity it introduces.

well first i think its the best mentality because you wont get frustrated.

second. you should be matched with and against players rougly your skill. so its still sort of balanced.
if not that means you will have to improve or you will probably drop a tier over time

thirth, theres no new activity introduced in this event. simply play better than average but thats something you should always try to do ( while having fun ofc)

Edited by mark v92, 26 September 2015 - 05:46 AM.

#140 BansheeNTD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 549 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:47 AM

View PostBansheeNorn, on 26 September 2015 - 02:06 AM, said:

MechWarrior Online Events:
Posted Image

33 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 33 guests, 0 anonymous users