227 replies to this topic

#81 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:14 AM

300 is pretty difficult (more so if you aren't a Heavy/Assault pilot), and at only 50,0000 extra? That seems a bit off for such a piddly amount compared with the difficulty.

It would make more sense to either lower to 200/250 match score requirement or increase the winnings to 100,000 a match for the 300 requirement.

But at least its per weight class instead of per map, that makes this event more sane.

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 25 September 2015 - 09:42 AM.

#82 Gylfie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 557 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:44 AM

Are you joking again PGI?

2015 customer Appreciation Program?
If i:
1) play all year from 1 January and make event it will be 8 kk chills
2) play from 25 of September and make event 8 kk cbills too
2) play all year from 1 January and can't make event - only 2 kk cbills

#83 Ward Serpentine

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 78 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:03 AM

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but the 29th is Tuesday. The 30th is on a Wednesday. So when does it end again?

#84 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:27 AM

Lots of good ideas for the week's event.
  • Rules are simple and easy to understand.
  • Rewards are fully in your control (based on performance and weight class, not map selection or anything random).
  • It's not doing anything to encourage disconnects.
  • Participation is not restricted to any paid package owners, but it does reward the Marauder pre-orders with a few hundred MC, which is nice for those who shelled out already.
  • It encourages varied gameplay by rewarding separately for each weight class.
  • It includes CW rewards as well as the main queue.
Come on guys, the 300 score isn't hard to achieve. The first day of the previous event I got 300+ in almost every match with a Raven 4X (500+ on a couple). Got plenty of 400-700 match scores brawling in heavier mechs throughout that challenge, with not a single LRM or gauss slug fired. And I'm just a tier 3 solo player with overall 1.45KDR and 52% win ratio. Nothing too crazy.

Only complaint would be the rewards being a bit meagre. With no "grand prize" for completing all 80 matches, there's no real reason to go overboard and grind your life away. Which is fine, since I've got other stuff to do this weekend anyway. Still, a cockpit item or something for each weight class would have been nice.

#85 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:16 AM

this might make up for the last attrocity of an event.

about the mc rewards for this one, will they be retroactive if you buy the maurader pack during the event? im getting the maurader but not till about the 29th (and just before the early adopter expiration) when i get some cash. would be nice if i collect mc for the games i play before that.

Edited by LordNothing, 25 September 2015 - 08:16 AM.

#86 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:37 AM

Let's see. The Blood Money event required getting 150 match score. Which seemed to be the equivalent of 30 match score in the prior system. 30 match score being what they used in every event prior to to new PSR system. They even lowered the score threshold to 200 from 300 for Tier 1 rewards in the last event when enough people complained. And, as some pointed out already, you got 5x the rewards for getting 150 in Blood Money.

Aptly named event. Payback indeed.

#87 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:43 AM

Ah I remember in the old days when events were months apart and everyone was happy to get them. Now that we have events every week or so I see lots of people complaining that they are too hard.

Free stuff is free guys. Let's try not to look the gift horse in the mouth every week there is an event.

#88 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:23 AM

Meh, nothing interesting here.

Probably just enough of an event to cause people to play stupid, but not enough of one for me to personally bother trying. I hope the gameplay doesn't go down too much in quality.

Was just going to be playing around on 2x Timber builds this weekend to grind out CBills, so if I make some extra money on that, great. If I happen to drop in some other weight classes, get some extra money, great.

Otherwise, to be honest, I really don't like seeing 2 events back to back without a break in between, it's too much. We're probably good til Halloween this time, easily.

You overdo it with the events, it detracts from how cool or special they are, and just burns out players, since our playerbase are largely too stupid to ever play a challenge like normal, and go nuts gaming the event every time.

Thanks for the thought PGI, just please, dial it back a notch. Less free stuff means higher quality gameplay. Higher quality gameplay, with higher quality events run less often is the way to go.

EDITED: Added the word "largely"...not all our playerbase are stupid, and I didn't mean to insult everyone in one sweep...but you guys know the behavior I'm referring to.

Edited by Kodyn, 25 September 2015 - 09:35 AM.

#89 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,686 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:28 AM

View PostKodyn, on 25 September 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

Meh, nothing interesting here.

Probably just enough of an event to cause people to play stupid, but not enough of one for me to personally bother trying. I hope the gameplay doesn't go down too much in quality.

Was just going to be playing around on 2x Timber builds this weekend to grind out CBills, so if I make some extra money on that, great. If I happen to drop in some other weight classes, get some extra money, great.

Otherwise, to be honest, I really don't like seeing 2 events back to back without a break in between, it's too much. We're probably good til Halloween this time, easily.

You overdo it with the events, it detracts from how cool or special they are, and just burns out players, since our playerbase are too stupid to ever play a challenge like normal, and go nuts gaming the event every time.

Thanks for the though PGI, just please, dial it back a notch. Less free stuff means higher quality gameplay. Higher quality gameplay, with higher quality events run less often is the way to go.

We've heard the quote: "Stupid is as Stupid Does"

I wonder where do they dream this stuff?

#90 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:30 AM

View PostKodyn, on 25 September 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

Thanks for the thought PGI, just please, dial it back a notch. Less free stuff means higher quality gameplay. Higher quality gameplay, with higher quality events run less often is the way to go.

There's something to be said here. Not every event is really worth writing home about, yet they all require a little bit of planning, coding, testing, artist time for banners, or whatever. I'd be on board with alternating between a sale one week, an event the next instead of having something every week, and often overlaps as well.

Different types of event would also be cool. I like a mix of leaderboard/tournament events like last week, and these more general ones.

The prize support for last week's event was some of the coolest I've seen so far, with the usual C-bills and consumables etc. for everyone and a chance at some big MC/Marauder packages for the leaderboards. Bigger rewards for CW than the main queue also made some CW people happy for a change as well ;)

Edited by Luscious Dan, 25 September 2015 - 09:33 AM.

#91 Nori Silverrage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 332 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:47 AM

View PostDak Darklighter, on 24 September 2015 - 07:42 PM, said:

Hooray... another excuse for players to bring out dedicated Large Laser, Gauss and LRM mechs so that they can rack up damage without receiving any, instead of using their armour to cover for their teammates. I just love seeing Twin Gauss mechs with 96% health at the end of a match.

Every time an event rolls on, brawler players get screwed big time because they rely heavily on their teammates for damage absorption and focus fire. Doesn't help when they're 1.5km away taking potshots. You're just encouraging MWO to become what MW4 was - ridiculously high alphas, poptarting and sniping only.

I won't be participating for this event. Brings out the worst in the players. All for a measly 4mil C-Bills. Worst reward yet for lots of work.

Unfortunately brawling builds are pretty reliant on teammates and thus are best run in a group. Even a single lance of brawlers can make game winning pushes though. It is incredibly fun to pull off.

#92 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:50 AM

View PostHagen von Tronje, on 24 September 2015 - 11:59 PM, said:

When everybody is using LRM, fine, I will use cover, ECM, and Radar Dep modules to get to close range and obliterate them.

FTFY. :lol:

#93 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:50 AM

This is a nice little event n.n I'm glad it's not something huge, though. I'm out of town all weekend. But you can bet I'll be playing Sunday and Monday evening to score me some extra Cbills and free MC! :D

#94 surgetank

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 33 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:13 AM

hmm the last compo was 200 points not 300 , to get 300 points you have to get a damage score of 500 , not many people will get anywhere near that apart from the good players

you need to do 500 damage to get 300 points can't see many people getting that apart from the few good players in this game , should be 200 points.

#95 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:29 AM

Again, the match score requirement is bringing out the worst in players.

Clearly, PGI learned very little from last weekend.

I have very little incentive to play this weekend.

#96 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:32 AM

View Postsurgetank, on 25 September 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

hmm the last compo was 200 points not 300 , to get 300 points you have to get a damage score of 500 , not many people will get anywhere near that apart from the good players

you need to do 500 damage to get 300 points can't see many people getting that apart from the few good players in this game , should be 200 points.

200 requirement in standard queue would be a joke. Might as well be a participation ribbon at that point. Once again, spoken as a tier 3 player who played almost all of the most recent event in a Raven, Thunderbolt or Executioner without any difficulty (aside from the map selector never giving me Mining Facility). Brawling around in my Shadow Cat for funsies at times last weekend still yielded plenty of 300+ games without trouble, and that thing is pretty far from a tryhard meta mech.

#97 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:34 AM

It certainly sounds nice enough. I'm not opposed to a little bit of free MC or additional C-bills. ^_^

My computer doesn't seem to like playing MWO during the day anymore*, though, so I'll have to keep playing with the nice chaps across the Atlantic, I guess. :D
*It seems at night my computer's connectivity problems largely subside and I get a mostly stable connection to my router, and thus the Internet. :blink:

#98 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:38 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 24 September 2015 - 06:42 PM, said:

event date is wrong... typo :P

"Starts: FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 25th 10:00:00 AM (PDT) (5:00 PM UTC)
Ends: TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 30th 11:59:49 PM (PDT) (October 1st at 6:59:59 AM UTC)"

it's Wednesday ;) (didn't read all comments to see if this was mentioned or not... typo still present)

Edited by Grendel408, 25 September 2015 - 10:39 AM.

#99 Shelminator

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:43 AM

PGI..pls..make this event more sense and lower it from 300 to 200 or at least 250..300 is too high for just 50k cbills.. i know iknow..better something than nothing..but still..this could be frustrating
last event i observe players how much they achieve in matches...usually..there was one in the team who had more than 400 then maybe 2 with 300 and then several with 200+ and rest below..
and not in every match..

last event it was terrible to play standard way..i use assault brawlers at most..and they were useles..i have played like before but last week i usualy die very soon or with min score..because people change their tactics to grind most and do not care about team..

if you intended this event like a little reward for playing people this weekend..ok but lower it please..and everything would be fine:)

Thank you

#100 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:05 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 24 September 2015 - 06:44 PM, said:

Sadly, this is worse than the "Blood Money" rewards tourney.

BUT it will be fairly easy to obtain each "step" in the rewards. This is what their events need more of. High risk/reward requiring lots of play is a grind, while this compliments normal (and competent) play.

Everyone should get at least something with even minimal play time. In the last even one of my unit's best players couldn't complete one challenge after 2 days simply because he never saw a particular map.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users