27 replies to this topic

#21 BlueWaffleBuffet

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:00 PM

View PostJin Ma, on 25 September 2015 - 09:18 AM, said:

Blue Waffle Buffet, the professional

haha, i know. that started as a joke, thinking surely PGI would make me change it. kind of a poke in the eye at people who took this game seriously, being killed by such an absurd handle.

believe me, its not what i usually use online :P

#22 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:01 PM

Tis funny OP, I have also uninstalled three times this year-all due to various levels of disgust at the game. I too have gotten a bit fed up but not with what you found-the opposite!
I'm sick of all the anti social/teamwork rhetoric and anti social/teamwork behaviour in game. This is magnified in CW where you often get 12 solos all refusing to talk/type/listen whatever. Really kills any chance this game had of being a social game. No one seems to have time for anything these days, everyone's jobs/lives take up all 24 hours of the day:)
All of these people also seem to expect the game (and the other players) to bend to their schedules too....oddly this is the only game (I also play WoT, WT and SWTOR) I play where this is even an issue....I still don't get why the MWO "community" is so special in that regard?

*just to clarify*
I also have a full time job, sports activities and a lovely girlfriend and I still manage nicely to fit the game in
-I wonder how I manage it?

Edited by kamiko kross, 25 September 2015 - 12:03 PM.

#23 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:03 PM

There are unit recruitment threads on this site and reddit.

If you don't have time for this game you don't have time for any non-casual game.

Also, your levelling of lights didn't place you in T3. You're in T3 because it sounds like you hardly play the game and PSR is mostly based on number of games played.

It sounds like you just need to find a casual game that fits your schedule or use the tools that are already available to us

#24 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:04 PM

View PostPurpleNinja, on 25 September 2015 - 09:06 AM, said:

MWO is not a game for casual play, like all previous Mechwarrior titles.

I have a lot fun playing PUGs, but I don´t even think on inviting friends to play MWO.

It's threads from the OP and comments like this (above) that should have PGI scrambling to do something to improve this game and make attractive to New Players and increase Player retention.

But they really haven't done much over the past few years other than taking 3 years to get a decent tutorial. This does not fill me with hope.

#25 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:07 PM

Dude, don't think that playing with friends is the answer. That's the worst possible solution. You'll just get matched up in the group queue vs organized stomp teams.

Hmm, I think I'm beginning to see your point...

#26 Helsbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:08 PM

Blue is (well, was now...) part of a unit. Most evenings there are four to eight of us on, and we always sent group invites to him when he was in-game. He's always welcome to drop with any of us, you know, should he re-install the game. He just needs to watch the little people box on the bottom of the screen a little better is all.....

#27 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:10 PM

View PostBlueWaffleBuffet, on 25 September 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

exactly, you said it yourself. social activities. i'm far more likely to have my friends meet me for a cocktail than to play a video game ;) if a video game is a "social activity" in your life, then our views of life are too far polarized for us to really relate on this one.

name any other game that requires that much coordination. i dont recall ever buying a call of duty, a racing game, etc, and thinking "man, this'll be great. next week. on Thursday. at 8:30 pm. for an hour."

again, not bashing it, just doesnt fit what my availbility set aside for frivilous activities is. when i DO get those rare times with friends, this game is REALLY damn fun. i just think if they could play to that strength, the game as a whole would be at the next level.

I really have no idea what you're talking about. What exactly do you have to plan in advance in to play this game with friends as opposed to something mindless like CoD? Getting smoked by larger premades is a possible issue but that's not what your issue is here.

Maybe your friends are not good at budgeting their time? Perhaps they always run late? Do they know how to accept a group request? Do you all speak English and have competent use of your hands and fingers? Do they have computers? Computers that can run MWO???

I'm trying to figure out why grouping up and playing is so difficult in your case specifically...

#28 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:46 PM

View PostBlueWaffleBuffet, on 25 September 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

17 and I think 43. That's approximately my pugging record in the general queue for the last week.

Known retorts to this:
* play with friends!
- i do, and I love that aspect of the game. even if we lose, its fun in that regard.

But my friends and I have jobs. kids. careers. I know exactly 0 people I can call at 8 pm and say "hey lets play a video game." Perhaps the game simply doesnt cater towards people who cant plan it in advance.. but that's a losing business model. This isnt a board game, or even a Wii.

* maybe you suck?
- i do in lights, but in heavy/assault, i average 350-650 damage, have broken 1000 numerous times (will link screenshots if you want to see..) and my leveling of all of the lights i bought at the 50% off has my PSR in 3 instead of higher.

I tell people in my professional and personal life to not complain unless they have a better idea. Well, I have an idea, like it'd seem *everybody* here does, although mine arent outlandish or involving soliciting Stephen Hawking to run numbers to find a game balance.

Create a community. Like battle.net is or was (I dont play games, but I know in the 90's it was good for this). An actual, cohesive, find-a-friend system that you can group people via PSR, geographic location, whatever. Due to the closed nature of the servers (cant pick a server, map, tell a friend which one to join, etc) I just dont see this game catering towards the casual PUGger unless this happens. If we cant pick at least the *type* of people we play with, and its find-a-group-on-your-own or join the pug ****, then unfortunately my time/resources only allow for me to be a meat stick.

And I dont see it happening, so I'm out. I'm not bashing the game or anything, just saying that it's model isnt friendly towards what I want out of a game. I only leave this as constructive criticism as opposed to another player who just uninstalls and walks.

Great foundation, came a long way in 2 years. Clan warfare was a fun idea. But to me it's like a bathroom that only works when I'm at work, and I'd have to take time off to use it. It could be the best bathroom in the world, but I'd never use it.
OK I have a plan for you.

1. Go to more teamspeak servers and find more friends. If you have enough friends in MWO you can almost always find someone oneline.

2. Find people you like that are also good pilots so that you win more than you loose when you play together.

3. Find friends from all time zones to increase the odds that some one will be on when you want to play.

4. Or join a very large unit where they always have people online.

5. Or start your own unit and make it very large so people are online.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users