2 replies to this topic

#1 Repoman1

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:52 AM

Hello all,
i am new player and i see probelm with fitting mechs. I mostly really miss some fitting tool that will actually save my fittings and not everytime i want to change fitting try to google builds on net and change it. It should be saved via name like: "Missle boat storm" ets...

Also i miss to communicate to others in "general" chat. As new player i have so many questions ets and having that and mayby help chat would be lots eazy (like in EVE Online chat system or WOT).

This is my oppinion as new player

Thank you

Repo

#2 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:30 AM

1: You can't save builds in-game. Sorry, not possible right now. Perhaps someday, but it doesn't look like it. It's more valuable to PGI to have you buy more 'Mechs so you can choose from multiple loadouts.

However, you can use Smurfy's mechlab (http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab) to build and save 'Mech loadouts. Very helpful, learn to love it.

2: You do have a general chat, you just need to enable it in the options menu. Also, feel free to ask on the "New Player Help" section of this forum, or on r/outreachHPG subreddit.

3: Also, if your native language is something other than English, there's no problem here. There are sections of the forums for plenty of languages. We know that not everyone can speak English perfectly, and that's fine. However, please run your posts through a spell checker. Really. It's annoying to read and it makes everyone not take your stuff seriously.

Edited by Night Thastus, 25 September 2015 - 10:34 AM.

#3 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:33 AM

View PostNight Thastus, on 25 September 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

1: You can't save builds in-game. Sorry, not possible right now. Perhaps someday, but it doesn't look like it. It's more valuable to PGI to have you buy more 'Mechs so you can choose from multiple loadouts.

However, you can use Smurfy's mechlab (http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab) to build and save 'Mech loadouts. Very helpful, learn to love it.

2: You do have a general chat, you just need to enable it in the options menu. Also, feel free to ask on the "New Player Help" section of this forum, or on r/outreachHPG subreddit.

3: Also, if your native language is something other than English, there's no problem here. There are sections of the forums for plenty of languages. We know that not everyone can speak English perfectly, and that's fine. However, please run your posts through a spell checker. Really. It's annoying to read and it makes everyone not take your stuff seriously.

Night, I appreciate the well thought out answers here, but this is a section for requested features. The feature OP is asking for is a long asked-for feature supported by lots of people. The intent of this section was to give the devs a way to gauge just how popular a requested feature is so they can decide to which ones they should devote resources.

As for general chat, no, that is not in the game and is something else people have wanted. Yes you can have all chat, so during the 3-5 minutes you are in a match maybe maaaaybe you can ask a question. But other than that you can only talk to one friend at a time (once you have them), or your faction (if you have one). The latter chat disappears every time you go into a match, so it's rare people even see what was said in there. Generally it's people waiting on community warfare matches that talk in there.

I would also disagree with the typos making people not take OP seriously. That's kind of short sighted IMHO. I don't know if this feature section is even available in the nonenglish MWO but the OP took the time and trouble to communicate with them in our native tongue. I don't think they did such a bad job. I understood them perfectly, plenty of English speakers make as many typos or more on this forum, and I bet you would not do nearly so well there. There's no need to insult them and run them off.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users