8 replies to this topic

#1 Homeskilit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 523 posts
  • LocationFlanking

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:32 AM

So I am one of those players who keeps leaving this game and coming back because I love the Battletech franchise but gets frustrated with this game.

When did these changes actually happened? How long ago were they?

I am of the notion that the single biggest problem PGI has is that there is too much time in between balance changes. If either of these changes were over a month ago (and have not been revisited since) that is a problem. Balance in a game needs to happen constantly and large gaps in between balance changes allow problems to grow until they become a huge problem.

I have also gathered from this forum that PGI is not very good at disclosing information in regards to future of this game. I find it ironic that we are being given infotech, the ability to gather and share information with the team, and PGI seems to have problems with this themselves. Keeping your player base "in the loop" is one of the keys to a happy player base.

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:03 PM

How long are we talking? The 40% SRM damage nerf? Or the 60% damage LRM nerf?

Or the 2Km/s to 1.2Km/s velocity changes on PPCs?

Some of them have slowly been revised, by 50M/s increments, and they finally brought SRMs back to 2 damage.

PGI is absolutely terrible at weapon balance. MGs were finally in an acceptable place, before they nerfed them 20% nearly a year ago; no changing the 3M CoF either; straight up nerf for no reason.

You should expect no significant balance changes. They say the PTS will be coming up...but I don't believe they can. The incompetence they've shown with weapon balance over the past few years is just...too much. Flamers, 3 years, still worthless.

We'll be in the loop once they have another mech pack to sell, then they'll ignore the community again for a few months.

#3 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:22 PM

It's been proven that weapon balance changes can happen no quicker than 6 months or things will break in the mechlab (or something). Wouldn't want that Clan actuator issue or whatever to resurface. Best to leave the meta as it currently is...all the BT fans have already contributed their money and the Steam players won't know any better anyway.

#4 Homeskilit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 523 posts
  • LocationFlanking

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:23 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 25 September 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

It's been proven that weapon balance changes can happen no quicker than 6 months or things will break in the mechlab (or something). Wouldn't want that Clan actuator issue or whatever to resurface. Best to leave the meta as it currently is...all the BT fans have already contributed their money and the Steam players won't know any better anyway.

hahahahaha you win the /sarcasm post of the day my friend!

#5 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:26 PM

View PostHomeskilit, on 25 September 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:

hahahahaha you win the /sarcasm post of the day my friend!

The sad part is that it's partly based in truth... :(

#6 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:27 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 25 September 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

The sad part is that it's partly based in truth... :(

There's not a false statement in there.

AC2 Ghost Heat changes broke Clam actuators; same patch anyhow.

#7 Homeskilit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 523 posts
  • LocationFlanking

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:48 PM

That is like the kid who falls off his bike once and never rides a bike again though. One bad patch is no reason to stop making changes.

#8 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:50 PM

View PostHomeskilit, on 25 September 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

That is like the kid who falls off his bike once and never rides a bike again though. One bad patch is no reason to stop making changes.

Tell that to PGI, not the players that have no control over how often balance changes are made.

#9 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:52 PM

View PostHomeskilit, on 25 September 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

Tell that to the Nerfinator.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users