Catalyst Game Labs Presents The Combat Manual: Mercenaries Beta!

10 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:32 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,
Our friends over at Catalyst Game Labs are running a Beta Test period for their upcoming BattleTech Combat Manual: Mercenaries release!
Combat Manual: Mercenaries contains information on the soldier-for-hire trade and their place in the Inner Sphere. The manual takes a look at some of the most renowned mercenaries of the 31st century, detailing their histories, tactics, unit crests, paint schemes, and notable personnel. This expansion to Alpha Strike includes special rules for unique character abilities, faction-specific rules, force-building, and a mini Technical Readout - everything you need to field your favorite mercenary command on the tabletop, or create your own.
If you're interested in participating in the Combat Manual: Mercenaries Beta Test, head over to the Combat Manual: Mercenaries page at Catalyst Game Labs for all the information! Until December 1st, CGL will be monitoring the Combat Manual: Mercenaries Beta fan input thread on the BattleTech forums to give tabletop BattleTech players a chance to test the rule set for any errors and issues prior to the final release.
Also, check out the Catalyst Game Labs Tumblr page for a preview look at some pages from the Combat Manual!

#2 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:25 PM

Looks like it'll be interesting. I absolutely love the Alpha Strike game system. Personally I think it has the ability to compete with and/or supplant any other quick-play skirmish game out there. It plays great, has solid rules, and is still detailed enough to be Battletech.

If I had a group to play with around here I'd be jumping all over this. I'll have to keep an eye out for when the full book actually releases.

#3 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:49 PM

I think i will just wait for them to release the movie on this instead of reading the book. Will the movie be available on youtube?

If this book has information on a 16 WEAPON ATLAS and/or Melee mech attacks i will then definitely buy it.

#4 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:20 PM

Already bought, not just to populate the Sarna page for it. Less ComStar MRB stuff than I was hoping though...

#5 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:14 PM

when is Iron wind metals going to make the new miniatures? would give them my **** looking Project Phoenix mini to melt down to replace them.

#6 DHeth

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 20 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:32 PM

Nice Artwork for the Cover of the Book. Griffon, Warhammer, Marauder and a Shadowhawk.

#7 Cantatta

• PipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:58 PM

If you think you might get the book in the future, I recommend buying it in digital format now, while it is only $5 during beta. Once they release the final version, you will get a release copy (digital format) for no extra charge, while new comers will have to pay full price. Catalyst did the same thing with the Alpha Strike core book and AS Companion book... it is a great deal.

#8 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:59 PM

Possible Hero Archer? Lieutenant James Ismail's ARC-4M on pg 51 - drops two a4 LRM-20s and four medium lasers for eight SRM-4s and two medium pulse lasers.

#9 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:05 AM

I have to say I really like the way CGL, PGI and HBS have been cooperating when it comes to bringing attention to eachother's products. It feels like a proper coordinated effort to bring Battletech and Mechwarrior back into the public consciousness. Far better than them being all competetive with eachother.

#10 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:33 AM

My fear is that with all the "Nostalgia Burden" that HBS will miss the chance to reimagine Battletech but stick to the flaws that have injured Mechwarrior/Battletech in the past beginning with the Clans and anything related to that and the eventual aftermath of it.

Battletech needs to do what they have done with Battlestar Galactica - get rid of the past and start from day 1 again and do anything better with more thought and foresight based on the experience you have made with Version 1.0.

"New Battletech" has to happen!!!

Keep George but no more Stackpoling!

#11 SoulReaver7500

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:39 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...de-voting-poll/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users