New Pilot Rating System Not Fair To 3025 Players

43 replies to this topic

#1 VaudeVillain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:19 PM

The new pilot rating system really isn't fair to 3025 players. Since we are gimped because we have to pack more Single Heat Sinks, which are inefficient compared to the same heat dissipation rate as DHS, we end up fighting the heat scale instead of being able to finish off our opponent. We move slower, thus cannot engange the enemy as fast or get outdistanced by allies, thus score less overall match points as well. Sure, I can play a 3050 IS 'Mech or a Clan 'Mech, but the fact is the 3025 'Mechs are an option that can be played and should not be shoved off to the side. Afterall, 3025 'Mechs more accurately represent how the IS dealt with the Clan invasion, with the exception of Tukayyid.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:21 PM

Wait, what? Is this satire?

#3 SuomiWarder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:21 PM

Actually, the system should keep 3025 players grouped with others that are doing effectively the same damage and effects. Clan mechs in decent piloting hands should go up and away. There is not a prize for being Tier 1 you know. It's just skill groupings.

#4 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 17 August 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

3025 purists are the BT equivalent of the Amish.

Posted Image

#5 VaudeVillain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:58 PM

Nah, it's more like we're respectful enough to acknowledge that you need all the extra help you can get to win. Just kidding. People would be surprised at how different and fun it is to play customized 3025 'Mechs. Sadly, the stock 3025 'Mechs gave the play style a bad rep.

Part of the fun of using 3025 'Mechs is taking down a Clan 'Mech with inferior tech.

Edited by GaiDaigoji, 17 August 2015 - 05:56 PM.

#6 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:02 PM

3025? All that newfangled tech...

I'm still looking forward to primitive and retro-tech. Bring on the militarized industrial mechs!

#7 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:03 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 17 August 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

Hopefully

View PostFupDup, on 17 August 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

3025 purists are the BT equivalent of the Amish.

Posted Image

and should be banished to Pennsylvania

#8 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:05 PM

View PostGaiDaigoji, on 17 August 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:

Nah, it's more like we're respectful enough to acknowledge that you need all the extra help you can get to win. Just kidding. People would be surprised at how different and fun it is to play customized 3025 'Mechs. Sadly, the stock 3025 'Mechs gave the play style a bad rep.

Part of the fun of using 3025 'Mechs is taking down a Clan 'Mech with inferior tech.

Don't get me wrong, whatever floats your boat. I'd be all into this if our heat system wasn't so horribly awful with respect to SHS (and DHS too, for that matter, but the problems are much more awful with SHS).

However...

The day someone in a 3025 stock mech takes down one of my clan mechs in MWO is the day I hang up my Ghost Bear tag. I can't think of a single 3025 era stock mech that's even what I'd consider usable in random solo play and I'm in no way a "meta tryhard" sort - I use all the mechs, even the bad ones.

I'd LOVE a 3025 mode, though, if the heat system was fixed so SHS weren't so tremendously unfun to use.

#9 Fleeb the Mad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 441 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:29 PM

Why would anyone want the system to put 3025 mechs in matches with skilled players running the meta?

If you're good enough to roll in the top tier dueling Timber Wolves in a stock Quickdraw, may they bow their heads to you and avert their eyes in their humility. You have won. Otherwise...I honestly don't know what you'd expect. The goal is for your chances with your opposition to be fair and for your mech not to be a detriment to your team.

The title thread speaks of fairness, but how fair can it be to the other 11 players on your team if they have no choice in the matter? Your mech, however you use it, has to be able to pull its weight in whatever match it winds up in,

#10 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:34 PM

Gotta say... you gimp yourself then cry that the system wasnt designed for you...

lol

#11 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:39 PM

View PostGaiDaigoji, on 17 August 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

stuff

Stock Mode is here, Mr. Burton...

#12 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:39 PM

so RPing your 3025 Games in Pug matches isnt the problem this new ELO is?

#13 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:00 PM

View PostGaiDaigoji, on 17 August 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

The new pilot rating system really isn't fair to 3025 players. Since we are gimped because we have to pack more Single Heat Sinks, which are inefficient compared to the same heat dissipation rate as DHS, we end up fighting the heat scale instead of being able to finish off our opponent. We move slower, thus cannot engange the enemy as fast or get outdistanced by allies, thus score less overall match points as well. Sure, I can play a 3050 IS 'Mech or a Clan 'Mech, but the fact is the 3025 'Mechs are an option that can be played and should not be shoved off to the side. Afterall, 3025 'Mechs more accurately represent how the IS dealt with the Clan invasion, with the exception of Tukayyid.

MWO is not a "3025" game, considering it's set in 305X.

You want to pilot WWI biplanes in a WWII fighter game, don't expect not to suffer from self-handicapping.

#14 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:04 PM

Limiting yourself to 3025 tech is like someone taking an American revolutionary war black powder flintlock rifle to a modern battlefield against assault rifles. If you did manage to take down a clan mech, it would only be because you got a lucky last shot in after someone else did most of the work for you.

I really hope this thread is a joke. If you're going to limit yourself to single heat sinks and lvl 1 weapons, do it in a private lobby with friends that are playing with the same limitations. I wouldn't even want to be in a pug match with someone limiting themselves to 3025 tech, god forbid have you on my team in a CW match.

Clanners beware, I'm going to kill you all with my 3025 tech Stalker!

STK-4N

Edited by Lexx, 17 August 2015 - 07:28 PM.

#15 Kristian Radoulov

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 611 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:54 PM

Already crying. lol

#16 BarHaid

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:01 PM

I'm looking forward to the new rating system specifically because I have a stock mech account. When I see the same people in my stock account as I do my regular unlimited custom class account, I get vvvveeeeeeerrrrrrrrryyyy worried. I mean, I know I'm not that good; but I really suck in STOCK MODE = HARD MODE. It's fun, but I suck.

Edited by BarHaid, 17 August 2015 - 08:17 PM.

#17 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:09 PM

life ain't fair. man up, girly.

#18 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:25 PM

I'm confused what your complaint is. You're going to match with people who perform similarly. If you want a fancy high rank, play a mech that you do best in. If RPing is important to you, then why do you care what tier you are placed in?

Matchmaker helps people like you find games you can compete in.

It sounds like you don't want to accept the consequences of bringing a badly designed mech for the sake of Roleplaying.

#19 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts
  • Locationchewing his lower lip

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:30 PM

View PostLexx, on 17 August 2015 - 07:04 PM, said:

Limiting yourself to 3025 tech is like someone taking an American revolutionary war black powder flintlock rifle to a modern battlefield against assault rifles. If you did manage to take down a clan mech, it would only be because you got a lucky last shot in after someone else did most of the work for you.

I really hope this thread is a joke. If you're going to limit yourself to single heat sinks and lvl 1 weapons, do it in a private lobby with friends that are playing with the same limitations. I wouldn't even want to be in a pug match with someone limiting themselves to 3025 tech, god forbid have you on my team in a CW match.

Clanners beware, I'm going to kill you all with my 3025 tech Stalker!

STK-4N

Dude, do you even META ? :ph34r:

Edited by Crotch RockIt, 17 August 2015 - 08:31 PM.

#20 SkyHammyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 462 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:31 PM

He just doesn't want to have to share his steering wheel with the LuRM kids.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users