• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:22 AM

View PostBigBenn, on 01 October 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

LOL @ the WMR with Jagermech arms. LOL!!!

You see, me and my cousin Ivan are good at the mecha meta fixings. Just a little duct tapes and a bit of violating the machine's ComStar factory warranty and BAM! we has the metaings of the mech.

#42 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:26 AM

Aww how cute, people get their snore-hammer.

I'll just sit over here, inside my vastly superior hellbringer.

#43 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:29 AM

View PostDamien Tokala, on 01 October 2015 - 10:26 AM, said:

Sad but tr.............oll.

#44 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:29 AM

My poor wallet.... :D

#45 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:33 AM

View PostMerryIguana, on 01 October 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

Sad but tr.............oll.

Ton for ton... Hellbringer outperforms the Warhammer.

Better weight, better weapons, better armor, and better electronic warfare options.

Not a troll, your Warhammer is just not worth the hype

#46 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:39 AM

View PostDamien Tokala, on 01 October 2015 - 10:26 AM, said:

cool story. Clanners and their crutches.

Yet another fine example of why the clans were the worst thing that Battletech ever introduced. Power creep cheese mechs and the entitlement it breeds.

View PostRizzelbizzeg, on 01 October 2015 - 08:52 AM, said:

I just noticed that Russ has the warhammer concept art as his tweeter pic, how long has that been there?!?!

Posted Image

looking forward to trashing crutch hugging clan vatbrats and their precious Omnis from mine.

View Postgh0s7m3rc, on 01 October 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

Nice concept art, now get to setting up the Pre-Order page, PGI. :D

Re original searchlight on LT: Yeah, for nostalgia, I'd like the original FUNCTIONING searchlight on the LT, but it would be a terrible hardpoint in MWO, so the mini-nonfunctioning light in the concept art is acceptable.

Re arms: At least, they're not Knuckledraggers like the 'Phracts have. :rolleyes:

Also, the cockpit seems like it will be somewhat easy to aim and hit at. :unsure:

not really seeing the cockpit issue. Every concept piece I hear the same thing..and yet very few are actually an issue...and almost none unless you have a "1" under your Badges.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 01 October 2015 - 10:37 AM.

#47 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:48 AM

I want it and I want it now! if they can get the model to look like that win win for everyone...Posted Image

Edited by SgtMagor, 01 October 2015 - 10:50 AM.

#48 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:51 AM

I dont really understand how people don't like the whammy here. It looks awesome, its not exactly the same, nobody said it would be, and tbh the original art looks like **** and deep down you know it, if you want the original art go give harmony gold your money instead.

#49 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:56 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 01 October 2015 - 10:51 AM, said:

I dont really understand how people don't like the whammy here. It looks awesome, its not exactly the same, nobody said it would be, and tbh the original art looks like **** and deep down you know it, if you want the original art go give harmony gold your money instead.

Warhammer was my first mech. Still my fave. Also happens to be my fave Robotech Destroid. So double win.

And I´ll look forward to my laser, PPC and ac10 build wiping the smug grin off of Clan Mech piloting bads who think running meta is the same as having skill.

View Postgh0s7m3rc, on 01 October 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

Well, it sort of depends on how forward does the STs go, in order to "shield" any hit on the cockpit from the sides. But it's mostly about having a single window on the front side, that miniscule square. LB-X's few use (in most of the matches that I've had since PSR), and the hitreg of the SRMs still gets "wonky" enough occasionnaly to prevent it.
*shrugs*
Still getting it, anyway. :)

many cockpit hitboxes don't even fill a single pane, depending on the mech, and even fewer allow side shots. Not likely to lose sleep over it. If I run into those good enough to consistently headshot, I have bigger problems, likely, anyhow.

#50 VirtualSmitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts
  • LocationHilton Head, Holy Terra

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:57 AM

I like it a lot!

#51 capt hungry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 335 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:04 AM

View Postjss78, on 01 October 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

Needs a functioning searchlight. Maybe implement it as a weapon, if that makes the technical side easier?

Even though I cannot think of a reason why I'd ever want to switch it on.

It would be useful for blinding an enemy at night. It would give your position away, but imagine the temp blindness you could cause, as well as surprise.

I like this interpretation quite a bit. It took every ounce of self control I have to not squee like a little girl here at work.
Looking forward to this mech. :wub:

#52 capt hungry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 335 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:11 AM

View PostDamien Tokala, on 01 October 2015 - 10:33 AM, said:

Ton for ton... Hellbringer outperforms the Warhammer.

Better weight, better weapons, better armor, and better electronic warfare options.

Not a troll, your Warhammer is just not worth the hype

I do agree with what you are saying. I was set on eventually, maybe getting the Hellbringer, since it was as close to a Warhammer as I was likely to get. But for me, and I am sure others, this mech is pure classic Battletech. I have been a BT fan for thirty years now. I am thrilled to be able to drive this mech again.

I loved it in the first Mechwarrior game, the Mektek release and MW:LL. I'll happily throw more money at MWO for this one.

#53 Oberost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:22 AM

The pre-order page is up.

I hate you PGI.

https://mwomercs.com/warhammer

Edited by Oberost, 01 October 2015 - 11:22 AM.

#54 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:22 AM

Posted Image

#55 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:10 PM

View PostYellonet, on 01 October 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

Super low arms...

lolwhat

#56 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:22 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 01 October 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

That does not look good at all in my opinion. Anemic arms, a light on the shoulder that appears to have been hit with a shrink ray making it look out of place on the mech, and a head that looks like someone hit it on the head with a sledgehammer. :wacko:

This. Arms look silly, searchlight way too small.

#57 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:29 PM

Something about the shoulders and arms bug me. The torso and legs are fine but it loses it where the shoulder meets the arm or the lack of arm bulk/stylings

#58 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:38 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 01 October 2015 - 10:51 AM, said:

No accounting for taste I guess. It really is subjective, and to me it looks pretty bad. Those arms in particular look ridiculous to me. Add in the tiny light and the smashed head and it just doesn't appeal to me at all visually speaking.

#59 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:58 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 01 October 2015 - 01:38 PM, said:

No accounting for taste I guess. It really is subjective, and to me it looks pretty bad. Those arms in particular look ridiculous to me. Add in the tiny light and the smashed head and it just doesn't appeal to me at all visually speaking.

Yeah, looks more like an alien battle suit or something from an anime than the hulking war machine a Warhammer is supposed to be.

#60 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:45 PM

View PostRedDragon, on 01 October 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

Yeah, looks more like an alien battle suit or something from an anime than the hulking war machine a Warhammer is supposed to be.

I don't feel it's that bad but I think it doesn't strike the same profile like the actual CGL redesign.

I still feel it's the arms that are the major culprit here. The body and legs are bulky then I believe it slims down a bit too much too fast at the shoulder/bicep. Little bit of bulking there (get in dem lifts, bro,) and maybe a bit where the forearm is and it'd be fine I think. Barrel length on the arms seems perfect as it is. Searchlight being small is kinda odd but I don't think it detracts too much but maybe it could do with a slight upgrade in scale.

Overall I've loved all the art that Alex Iglesias does, and I still really like this one, but the Warhammer was ALWAYS going to be hard to pull off right for MW:O/Battletech (the latter being why I care.)

My only other gripe is that the Black Widow paint scheme doesn't seem right to me, but that's probably because you can never match what you think something looks like from text for everyone :P

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users