Countdown To The Crab Release Oct 6Th - 1 Days Left!

231 replies to this topic

#221 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:43 AM

The video showing off the Crab gameplay brings up some interesting tangential questions:

Can we have an 'all one weight' game mode or map/mission? All light, all medium, etc?

Can we have stock mode?

#222 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:54 AM

Posted Image

#223 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:00 AM

Today is the day. The day the awesomeness of the CRAB COMES!

It is coming!

#224 QuiverNAY

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 49 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:30 AM

Cannot use fraction colors as for Zeus, It's a pity... What the problem to add fraction colors? I will make those mechs elite before get colors...
Just awful...

Edited by QuiverNAY, 07 October 2015 - 06:30 AM.

#225 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:47 AM

View PostQuiverNAY, on 07 October 2015 - 06:30 AM, said:

Cannot use fraction colors as for Zeus, It's a pity... What the problem to add fraction colors? I will make those mechs elite before get colors...
Just awful...

Fraction colors? Plaid? Stripes?

#226 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:17 AM

View PostTorezu, on 07 October 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

Fraction colors? Plaid? Stripes?

He means the free cammo unlocks of the faction patterns, and/or selecting faction packages from the R2 purchase. That doesn't happen until the Wolfhound is released...

#227 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:51 AM

I don't know about you guys, but I for one welcome our new crab overlords:
Posted Image

Edited by Will9761, 07 October 2015 - 09:54 AM.

#228 fighterguy899

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:07 AM

that crab people thing is funny! :lol: :P

Da R3d invas10n 0f cr4abs :P

#229 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:19 AM

View PostTesunie, on 07 October 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

He means the free cammo unlocks of the faction patterns, and/or selecting faction packages from the R2 purchase. That doesn't happen until the Wolfhound is released...

I know exactly what he meant. I'm tired of seeing people use "fraction" for "faction" and "turrent" for "turret", among other things. Yes, I suppose it makes me a stickler for grammar, but...if you're going to complain, don't use Google Translate to do it.

#230 QuiverNAY

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 49 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:56 PM

View PostTorezu, on 07 October 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

I know exactly what he meant. I'm tired of seeing people use "fraction" for "faction" and "turrent" for "turret", among other things. Yes, I suppose it makes me a stickler for grammar, but...if you're going to complain, don't use Google Translate to do it.

In my native language, 'faction' spell with 'r'.
Yes, I have checked translation. Google said, that first translation of 'faction' is 'fraction'. It's enough for 99.9% such quick posts.
However it will more polite, if you will use private messaging for such kind of displeasure.

PS: In any case thanks, will use faction in the future.

Edited by QuiverNAY, 07 October 2015 - 01:57 PM.

#231 Harriet Fennis

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 03:39 AM

View PostRando Slim, on 01 October 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

I am pretty sure I'm gonna regret buying this. It looks cool but its just gonna go the way of the Dragon, Jenner, and Catapult. So yes, I'm gonna have to say it: Dead On Arrival, R.I.P. Crab: 10/6/2015-10/7/2015. Cause of Death: Obviously forseeably terrible hit-boxes. Remember kids: Geometry is Destiny in this game. Its one thing to make the game a collect-a-thon. I've sunk my expectations to where thats all I expect now and have given up on a fully fleshed out game. But its another thing entirely to keep designing these mechs that will be OBVIOUSLY BAD because you INSIST on giving us mechs with these sorts of designs: too tall, too low slung of arms with weapons on the UNDERSIDE of the arm for some ******* reason, too wide, or a CT that sticks out and can be hit from a 270 degree arc. You guys clearly don't play your own game enough, or listen when people tell you the kinds of TRUTHFUL and ACCURATE things that I just said. I'm not saying it to be a troll or a naysayer, I'm saying it because everyone wins when you listen to the people who have played thousands of matches and know better. It saves PGI on wasting money and time designing DOA mechs, and saves consumers from buying stuff that they can't compete in that will end up collecting dust and rust in the mechbay. The only way this mech will be ok is if from day ONE, PGI arbitrarily quirks the CT to end up with double or even triple its CT armor/structure. And the sad thing is everything I have written here is slap-you-in-the-face obvious from merely glancing at the mech for three seconds. Is there no one at PGI that looks at concept sketches of these things and thinks about them from a practical gameplay perspective? Does no one at PGI ever say: "well thanks for your beutiful work Alex (or whoever), but players can't get along with this, it will melt in four seconds because that CT is obnoxiously easy to hit from all sides". I mean would ya just LOOK at that schnoz? Good grief it might be the MOST EGREGIOUS case yet of Dragon syndrome. That thing sticks out so damn far you'll be bumping into walls 25 meters in front of you. That CT is as long as half the mech is tall..........

Sorry to necro this thread but CRB-27B is one of my best mechs in the game. Amazing speed, amazing laser hardpoints... It's one of the best mediums in the game.

#232 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:37 AM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users