Hero Mauler! Wish List!

6 replies to this topic

#1 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:03 AM

So about the Mauler... its a big slow mech that everyone (on the opposing team) targets and it has some flaws that make me dream of a HERO VARIANT (PGI ARE YOU LISTENING? $$$) that actually is an improvement on the original.

For example, the Hero Variant (in order of priority):

1) Lets you run up to a 400xl similar to Boar's Head and Dragon Slayer
2) Has jumpjets!
3) Mounts ECM (why not? so many good Clan mechs run ECM now)
4) is MASC capable!
5) Hardpoints: 2 Ballistic in each arm and 2 Energy in each side torso (1 or 2 missile hardpoints in side torso)
6) Higher torso twist like La Malinche (at least 90 deg standard)

At least using 1, 5, 6 would make it a great hero mech and different enough that people would buy it. Now we just need a good name.... any ideas?

Edited by Jman88, 30 September 2015 - 06:10 AM.

#2 Vetal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 500 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:24 AM

You forget about portable orbital cannon, which destroys direwolf with one shot in ct.
If seriously, you should find a hero from books. I read about someone in Mauler but do not remember who was that.

Edited by Vetal, 30 September 2015 - 07:25 AM.

#3 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:58 AM

How about "Pay to WinMauler?" -_-

#4 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:54 AM

4,5 & 6 together would make an interesting yet not overdone hero.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:22 AM

sorry, you are not going to get a Hero Mech capable of mounting an XL400, ECM, Masc and Jumpjets while having better than average torso twist for the chassis and having your dream hardpoints.

PGI has been careful to make the Hero Mechs different but not outright superior to standard variants, you could conceivably get 1 or perhaps even 2 of those on the Hero but that would come with a major compromise elsewhere.

so far there have been a few amazing Hero Variants like the Ember (the best light Mech before quirks made it below average for the FS9 varients), but most have been average or below.

the only Hero with ECM is the Locust PB, and that was probably only allowed because PGI thought it would be funny to have people complaining that a Locust was pay to win

#6 R 13

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:00 PM

Posted Image

#7 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:18 PM

View PostVetal, on 30 September 2015 - 07:24 AM, said:

You forget about portable orbital cannon, which destroys direwolf with one shot in ct.
If seriously, you should find a hero from books. I read about someone in Mauler but do not remember who was that.

I like the orbital cannon idea ;)

Its a wish list, not be confused with "I have to have all those things in one mech". Just a couple of things from that list would make it different and more fun than the normal Mauler chassis. I don't read enough lore to know of a hero mech except the one listed on sarna.net but its too far in the future timeline.
  • MAL-4X "Todesbote" A custom configuration used by a Lyran Commonwealth criminal, this Mauler variant (named "Todesbote" by the LCAF) replaces the standard weaponry of a Mauler with a single Hypervelocity AC/10 in each arm, while the missile racks were replaced by MML-7s. Each autocannon has two tons of ammo while the twin MML-7s use a single ton of ammunition. All ammunition bays are protected by CASE II, and the "Todesbote" is protected by twenty-seven tons of Hardened Armor.[9] BV (2.0) = 1,904[10][11]

Edited by Jman88, 01 October 2015 - 08:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users