30 replies to this topic

#1 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:02 AM

Anyone else both really looking forward to, and dreading, tomorrow? I know I am.

I'm about halfway through grinding through my Black Knights (finished off the Mauler), and now I'm going to be grinding four Crabs to Elite, along with the 3F Cicada, the 7D Wolverine, and the 9S2 Zeus: nine mechs in total (including the two remaining BKs).

Awesome mechs, but I think my Tier will be cratering as I figure out what builds work and get all those things out of the Basic Basement. NO idea how I'll pay for all the upgrades - guess I'm robbing the Steiner bank...

Edited by Dawnstealer, 05 October 2015 - 08:06 AM.

#2 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:05 AM

Tomorrow is the start of crab harvesting season. :lol:

#3 His Holiness Pope Buster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:11 AM

Isn't there a special shampoo for crabs?

#4 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:12 AM

I am more concerned about Caustic map update will cause the map to get put on heavy rotation. At first I was excited because that meant they were going to fix the worst map in the game. Then I read the October road map and the dread started. Think it was the phrase "even though this is one of the older maps it has always managed to stay in a higher rotation because of its strong play". I did not think Canadians were that into Nascar.

#5 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:14 AM

View PostScreech, on 05 October 2015 - 08:12 AM, said:

I am more concerned about Caustic map update will cause the map to get put on heavy rotation. At first I was excited because that meant they were going to fix the worst map in the game. Then I read the October road map and the dread started. Think it was the phrase "even though this is one of the older maps it has always managed to stay in a higher rotation because of its strong play". I did not think Canadians were that into Nascar.

Actually, we are. NASCAR, hockey, and mixed martial arts are all very popular. American football? Not so much.

#6 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:16 AM

Since my medium queue will be clogged, think I'll take some time and finally level up my reward King Crab from last year. By hunting crabs.

Crabception?

#7 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:19 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 05 October 2015 - 08:02 AM, said:

Anyone else both really looking forward to, and dreading, tomorrow? I know I am.

I'm about halfway through grinding through my Black Knights (finished off the Mauler), and now I'm going to be grinding four Crabs to Elite, along with the 3F Cicada, the 7D Wolverine, and the 9S2 Zeus: nine mechs in total (including the two remaining BKs).

Awesome mechs, but I think my Tier will be cratering as I figure out what builds work and get all those things out of the Basic Basement. NO idea how I'll pay for all the upgrades - guess I'm robbing the Steiner bank...

I have no worries. I am gonna start on EBJs and they are not hard to do well even in T1.

View PostScreech, on 05 October 2015 - 08:12 AM, said:

I have no worries. I am gonna start on EBJs and they are not hard to do well even in new Caustic.

Edited by El Bandito, 05 October 2015 - 08:37 AM.

#8 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:19 AM

No grinding in sight. I already have masterd everything I want and I hardly care about he gifted mechs.
Besides: I can mount the new omnipods of the gifted clan mechs onto already mastered variants B).
Leading by technology (doesn't translate well from German. Sounds much snappier there)

#9 ChapeL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:22 AM

That's... that's cannibalism.

#10 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:30 AM

Practiced my Zeus 9S2 build over the weekend on a 6S... should be a lot of fun!

Cicada build is going to be the same as my other Cicadas... not many reasonable options on a Mech that small.

Probably won't play the Wolverine because I don't own any others. Plus I'm really not fond of the hardpoints... it looks like a desperately bad setup to me. It'll need massive quirks to be reasonable, and I doubt that's going to happen.

Won't play the Nova... don't need to level it up because the CT isn't distinct.

#11 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:19 AM

yeye, they decide push our PSR down with all those mechpacks, heroes, nostalgia boxes with tubes, KGC2......

#12 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:21 AM

Pgi says you can always convert GXP :P

#13 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:24 AM

View PostTitannium, on 05 October 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:

yeye, they decide push our PSR down with all those mechpacks, heroes, nostalgia boxes with tubes, KGC2......

Who is "they"?

If by "they" you mean yourself, then yea, Ok.

Still everyone else's fault....

#14 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:24 AM

Nope. I am waiting for the Wolfhound grind.

I have my one Mauler Elite and I'm good with that. Likely to sell the other 2 off so I can have play money for the Hounds.

#15 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:35 AM

I don't mind circling the caldera, its called adapting to combat and if the flow of combat moves in a direction then u adapt. I feel no sympathy toward mechs that are too slow to adapt - pilot another mech. Caustic was my favorite map before and now a great map gets even better.

As far as the grind, if I like a mech then ill convert XP to GXP, both for convenience and to support PGI and the game. The game is free to play, but I have to ask those that are planning on grinding new mechs have u supported PGI lately?

#16 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:39 AM

View PostCoolant, on 05 October 2015 - 09:35 AM, said:

I don't mind circling the caldera, its called adapting to combat and if the flow of combat moves in a direction then u adapt. I feel no sympathy toward mechs that are too slow to adapt - pilot another mech. Caustic was my favorite map before and now a great map gets even better.

As far as the grind, if I like a mech then ill convert XP to GXP, both for convenience and to support PGI and the game. The game is free to play, but I have to ask those that are planning on grinding new mechs have u supported PGI lately?

Since those new mechs are still real money only, yes they have been supporting PGI lately. :rolleyes:

#17 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:54 AM

View PostDavers, on 05 October 2015 - 08:14 AM, said:

Actually, we are. NASCAR, hockey, and mixed martial arts are all very popular. American football? Not so much.

So is Rory MacDonald the standard bearer for Canadian MMA now that GSP is gone? Will admit that his fight against Robbie Lawler was probably the best fight I have ever seen.

#18 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:00 AM

- guess I'm robbing the Steiner bank...

I wonder what you will do when the rebalance patch hits. That's my true day of horror because I suspect I can replace several chassis

#19 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,396 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:02 AM

Even with leveling up my new mechs my tier rating has been steadily rising towards tier 2. :mellow:

UrbanMechs
Panthers
Zeus'
Maulers
Black Knights

In fact that's mostly what I do, is level mechs. Unless I jump in the Heavy Metal. B)

#20 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:20 AM

I wont be grinding any of them. My present mission is to achieve Tier 1, and my PSR won't increase in an unBasiced chassis.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users