Please, Eliminate The Grind

No replies to this topic

#1 Arctourus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 482 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:44 AM

I know that grinding up pilot tree stuff like basic and elite tier bonuses kind of gave this game a point in the early days where everything was just deathmatch. While I know we're still pretty much just deathmatch, I know more game modes are on the way, and that's great. I also know that everyone has been buzzing about future changes to the pilot tree. I just want to beg, please, eliminate the grind we have now for mech characteristics. I just finished the mauler, am working on the black knight, and I can say that basicing and eliting the mauler was one of the most painful experiences in my gaming lifetime. The mauler, my all time favorite mech, by the way, was so painful to pilot until I finished eliting it out. I'm afraid that, now with the reduced rewards and harder matches due to PSR, earning the next few thousand xp to let you walk faster or twist further, etc, is less a motivation to keep going than a discouragement to play at all.

I don't know what you have in mind for this, but it would be great if mechs moved like they do once elited....twist, arm reflex, start and stop, etc, right out of the gate. Maybe, since quirks are getting removed (possibly), each mech can have those specific types of quirks replace the pilot tree we have now. For instance, in an awesome 8q, instead of earnin 2500 xp to torso twist farther, let them earn 2500 xp for increased ppc cooldown, or range or velocity. Make the pilot tree mech specific to replace quirks so the mech will still improve in term of weapons/sensors, but let the movement be good from the start.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users